What would be your reaction if the Patriots won it all again this year?

What would be your reaction if the Patriots won it all again this year?

I believe if they did, it would actually make the ratings problem a lot worse. People are tired of the Patriots and hate seeing them win. They inflate their stats against shitty teams in the regular season, then when they play better teams, they end up winning due to either refball or because the other team shit the bed.

Nothing makes a season seem more worthless or boring than a Patriots Super Bowl victory

Other urls found in this thread:

footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

they win in the playoffs because the opposing coaching staffs try to beat belichick at his own game, rather than playing to their own strengths. teams like the 2007 New York Giants were only concerned with themselves, which is why they won.

Disagree entirely.

>being this wrong and asshurt at the same time

The Pats winning it all is the best thing could happen in this age of the National Protest League.

They won't even make it out of the AFC. They've had a babby schedule and barely beat bad teams. This thread is pointless.

I would be happy.

Good. I hope the NFL craters and Brady retires. Fuck the NFL

Pats Eagles pats win 31 - 22

can you even enjoy the last two trophies after they were basically handed to you on a silver platter?

FPBP

hahaha

>this year
ummmmm no sweetie

Everyone hates seeing them win. Last Super Bowl was one of the greatest comebacks of all time, and yet the fact that it was the Patriots winning just made everyone groan. People hate this cheating fluke of a team.Them winning it all is the biggest "so what" ever.

>cuck the Xehawks out of back to back owls
>literally break the city of Atlanta
>implying those weren't amazing

i'm legitimately curious. i always get a disappointed feeling in my gut when my team "wins" an easy game.

>caring about kneelball
Basedball and hockey are the white man's sports

>People hate this cheating fluke of a team
god i love these salty nfl fans. your tears sustain me

>greatest comeback of all-time
>10 point comeback against the best defense in the league at the time

Pete Carroll knew what he was doing.

Pffffffft

yes

footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef

I don't recall a team with a defense this bad winning it all

Not good enough at football.

it wasn't the greatest comeback of all time, it was the greatest comeback in a super bowl game. but it only happened because the falcons switched jerseys with a high school team at half time.

I'd be happy for them, but somewhat angry at all the other teams for sucking so bad.

In 2011, the Pats had the 31st rank defense against the pass and made it to the Owl, losing to Eli and the Giants the second time. So it's not out of the realm of possibility to see the Pats make it this year.

>2001 Pats vs NFC West
>2002 AFC West vs NFC South
>2003 Pats vs NFC South
>2004 Pats vs NFC East

>2014 Pats vs NFC West
>200t AFC West bs NFC South
>2016 Pats vs NFC South
>2017 Pats vs (NFC East)
It’s just a matter of which team between the Eagles, Cowboys, Redskins and Gnats will become Brady’s bitch come next February.

lel

>if
>roster is full of White guys lighting up functionally retarded nigger defenses
>if
They've got it in the bag.

>FPBP
>not actually first post
>not even best post

what did he mean by this?

Wrong. There's plenty of people that don't actually root for them that find them likeable, and hatred means views, not apathy. Not many people hate the Saints, Jaguars, Buccaneers, Cardinals, and Bengals but if those were somehow your next five super bowl winners it would not be a net positive thing for the league.

Dynasties sell unless there isn't a reasonable hope they will get knocked off

Actually ratings go up when there is a dominant antagonist team in every sport.

aka Super Bowel

Fifth post.

>>roster is full of White guys lighting up functionally retarded nigger defenses
my fucking sides

>one of the greatest comebacks of all time

2.5X.

That's the margin by which they demolished the previous Superb Owl Comeback. A record which stood for 30 years. If it were any other team it would be unquestionably the greatest comeback in history, but because it's the Patriots everyone has to diminish it.

yeah but when they start winning too much for people's liking they stop watching again. also, if literally ONE play changes in both of those super bowls the patriots lose them both, so it's that kind of gut wrenching loss that people have trouble dealing with.

Wait for the investigation to start that nullifies everything they did.

>if literally ONE play changes in both of those super bowls the patriots lose them both, so it's that kind of gut wrenching loss that people have trouble dealing with.

Fair enough. Turn it around. If two plays for the Giants don't go their way, the Pats would have 7 titles. How would that make you feel?

It's pretty funny all 7 of the pats super bowls came down to the last second(except the eagles kind of but they still only won by 3) yet during that run the vast majority of super bowls without them were won by multiple possessions and not very memorable, and super bowls in the 80s/90s before that were largely unwatchable shit.

>also, if literally ONE play changes in both of those super bowls the patriots lose them both
And they would have won both superbowls against the Giants if not for literally ONE play

Replay of last year sadly.
>Steelers neutralize KC
>Pats rip into Steelers in conference final
>Atlanta manages to get hot and capitalize on the Eagle's legendary NFCC bedshitting prowess
>Atlanta blows it again

the result is boring

but sure as fuck, every pats superbowl is a great fucking game. 7/7 1 score exciting games

Kek

Nobody likes it because its the Pats, they are fucking shitty and boring, and when they win it leaves a sour taste in everyone's mouth outside of New England.

every year its the same thing. pats manage to fluke their way into the superbowl because other teams shit the bed, get injured, or just plain refball.

the amount of cheating they do is ridiculous. pretty sure in a game last week they blew in artificial fog to make it harder for other teams to review the tape. what a bunch of fucking slimy cheaters

It is something that is hurting the NFL's ratings and it's more than just the Patriots. Most teams for the last 15 years or so have been relatively the same year after year with the occasional one or two good seasons. Hell, some Patriots fans are going to gloat in this thread but it's hurting ratings in Boston too where a lot of their fans won't tune in until the playoffs are coming along because they're THAT used to the Patriots getting that far along. Predictable and longwinded is not a good combination for an entertainment venue.

I haven’t seen this gif in like 3 or 4 years holy shit

Belichick is a cheating faggot so it wouldn't mean anything

The Patriots have now been in SIX AFC Championship games in a row. That is why it is fucking boring

Hell, the biggest shock this season is Aaron Rodgers blowing up his collarbone since that's going to shake up the standings for the Packers. Every team has gotten to an absurd point of consistency season after season.

This is exactly why I root for the Patriots when my team loses. If my team doesn't win I just want everyone else to be equally disappointed so I always hope they win the SB

Father Time comes for all, Pats.

Didn't all of the Patriots owls ended with the first quarter 0-0 too? Shit's mind-blowing

Not for me, dork. Hate us 'cause you anus, etc. etc. Kiss the rings, bitch.

Agreed. We know Tom Brady and Billy Bellycheck are good, we're very happy for them, it's just fucking boring now.

I'd say (and this is honestly just my high-school-age half-drunk memory talking) that the Panthers game seemed a little more "in the bag" than the Eagles one. I get that >we had to kick a field goal to win the Panthers game, but McNabb was fucking scary that year.

>cowboys
>not choking in the playoffs
um???

What? Jasg winning the super bowl would be great for the league.

Is there any sport that you think has MORE parity than it did 10 years ago? Honest question, and I'm including most Soccer leagues. Welcome to the age of the superteam.

mlb for sure.

No one would have suspected a cusb win 10 years ago

>What would be your reaction if the Patriots won it all again this year?

That's like saying "Nobody would have expected a Leicester win" as proof that the Premier League is more balanced, dude. The Yankees were a game away from the WS, the Dodgers have (1st or 2nd?) highest payroll and look like they're on the cusp of winning the WS, and yes the Astros are a fun little story but 10 years ago we had the fucking Marlins and Diamondbacks winning the World Series. Baseball somehow has more parity than the NFL without a firm salary cap, but it's still going to favor the "Big Guys".

I don't really care who wins if not my team. However, it is annoying how Patriots fans pretend the NFL didn't exist before the 2000's, but then again neither did their fanbase.

it was expected 35 years ago by the makers of Back to the Future, though they were off by a year

I remember crying like a baby after losing to the Packers, but I think I was like 6 at the time. At this point can you really say "If you didn't like the team when they were shitty, you didn't like them"? The 1-15 season was like 24 years ago, it's hard to find people that are going to go on internet forums that honestly remembered them being shitty.

>Not many people hate the Saints
user, I...

Doesn't matter. Brady could play till he's 50 and win 5 more Superbowls and 18-1 will still be the greatest moment he can never live down.

> ... am a nobody

Brady will retire soon, some key players they got are past their prime. Their domination won't last but fuck if we got superbowls like the ones against the xehawks or flacons we should enjoy while it lasts because they were some of the best SB of those past 20 years

Does it actually say "world champions" on the real banners?

Are you Americans serious, lmao? You guys are so concerned with indoctrinating your followers into believe you are the greatest at everything that you actually put "world champions" on a banner for a sport only you play.

Every other major sport in your country has more of a claim of "world champion" than the NFL because at least those other leagues involve more countries than yours.

Absolutely hilariously disgusting.

send Miss Universe over here to tell us how wrong we are

I was so happy after the Pats Seahawks game that I nearly cried. We had been through so much bullshit with spygate, deflategate, 18-1, losing to the Giants again.

I was 14 when the Pats won their first Super Bowl, so I remember them all very clearly. Nothing felt as good as XLIX, even that amazing comeback in LI.

Engineering the greatest comeback in Super Bowl history does take the sting off that. 28-3 for life.

i bet youre an insufferable cunt randy

amen bruthah

having a fluke catch go in NE's favor for a change was pretty cool desu.

both leagues work differently, MLB team cycles go for 6-8 years, NFL's is around 3-4, so the comparison is kinda unbalanced, since 2000 there are just 2 teams with 3 WS titles in the MLB and 2 with 2 titles, meanwhile the NFL just has the Pats, Steelers and Giants as multiple time champions, outside of the Pats the parity is very similar(the AFC is a joke in that regard so the overall parity of the NFL suffers), the Pats are just a huge outlier

>you're only world champs because we don't play
If you think you can field a better team then do it.

The best gridiron football teams outside the US can't even beat a US team made up of amateurs. They can't even come close really. The rest of the world could put together their best football players, and they still wouldn't be able to beat the Cleveland Browns, let alone whoever wins the Super Bowl.

Matching the then-largest comeback in Owl history (XLIX) and then generating the greatest comeback in Owl history (LI) are hardly trophies that were "handed" to us.

Hell. none of our trophies were handed to us.

For the first trophy (XXXVI), Brady flew in the face of advice by no less an expert than John Madden in leading the game-winning drive for Vinatieri's kick

For the second trophy (XXXVIII) wasn't handed to us either. Vinatieri had missed two previous field goals during the game leading up to the winning kick.

For the third trophy (XXXIX) you could theoretically made a point that it was handed to us by Andy Reid's lack of clock management and a sick Donovan McNabb.

XLIX, our 4th trophy, took the then-largest comeback (10 points) and a great read by Butler for the pick at the end. Hardly handed to us.

Last, the fifth trophy (LI) is the greatest comeback in Owl history. 25 points down. No one could even remotely claim that was handed to us.

So, no. None of our trophies were handed to us. We earned them fair and square.

Like another team in the World could beat them.

Now if the MLS champion called themselves world champs.....

Cling to that with all your might because it's never happening

The iggles one was boring and they never really threatened the Pats much

This wouldn't be a problem as far as I'm concerned. I don't root for teams, I just like to watch good football.

That's not how it works. Every competitive sports ratings go up when a Final Boss exists. It's why Patriots games get higher ratings. Every sport needs a villain. And if you're not a pats fan they're your villain. Any real football fan can appreciate Brady's Patriots simply how they play at a higher level every game and it's obvious each game they're the better team.

So mad.

>implying they won't win

Canacuck mad because he knows Trudeau could never put together a team that beats the Patriots

Would be cool to see them win at least one without cheating.
Braddy had to know he's going into the HOF with an asterisk next to his bio.

This. Look at the bolts yesterday. They had a clear path and almost made it against a shitty Pats D - but they fucked up their clock management.

I don't hate them, it just gets so god damn boring when its already decided your championship game will have the same team in it vs a flavor of the year team in the NFC. The Patriots are still prime super-Cenawinslol unless they feel charitable and give the Giants a win.

I would be fucking elated. Sjws and snowflakes would be on suicide watch.
> watch zero nfl games their entire lives
> find out trump is friends with kraft and Brady.
> go nuclear every winter when they discover the patriots have been doing this for almost 2 decades now.
Delicious tears my dudes.