Ywn hunting down pages of the rarest of all grimoires

>ywn hunting down pages of the rarest of all grimoires
>ywn solve a occult mystery leading to ultimate knowledge
>ywn have sex with qt satan after killing your former boss
>ywn pass the final gate and leave the physical plane of existence, stepping into eternity
why even bother being alive at this point?

Good question OP, why don't you neck yourself right away?

He didn't have sex with Satan, she was just a witch in his service, that was explicitly stated.

Love the movie, but the mystery he figures out was pretty lame desu. They give out harder puzzles on the backs of some happy meals.

>the mystery he figures out

What mystery is that? He literally doesn't figure out anything, people tell him everything.

>He didn't have sex with Satan, she was just a witch in his service, that was explicitly stated.
you're right, i forgot about that. i liked how the final sex scene resembled the babalon page of the book.

I have a serious question about this movie that's been bugging me since I've seen it.

Why did they choose to play comical music when he discovers his book dealer friend dead the same way in the book? It completely changed the tone of the scene

>What mystery is that? He literally doesn't figure out anything, people tell him everything.
doesn't matter, he is the only one left who benefit from it since the witch nodded him into the right direction and the page landed pretty much in his lap. was he lucifers chosen man?

>was he lucifers chosen man?

That's what I got from the movie.

I am amazed anyone remembers this movie. It hit the theatres and disappeared in a week.

It bears the distinction of being the last movie I saw at a drive-in. Young Frankenstein was the first.

That chick has a big ass too. That's Roman Polanski's ex. He started banging her while filming Frantic

Me as well, since the devil sent the witch to assist him. I guess Corso had some skills he wanted to utilize.

kinda like fight club. what amazes me the most is how this film managed to mix mainstream satanism (black ropes, pentagrams, upper-class-thrill-seeking cultists) with actual correct references to occult luciferianism.

is the movie title passing the gate? searched passing the gate and couldn't find any film with that name.

>just a witch in his service, that was explicitly stated

Wasn't she a fallen angel in the book?

the 9th gate.

This is a much better movie about secret societies than Eyes Wide Shut, which came out about the same time.

Ninth Gate

Based on a book called Club Dumas

Why does Polanski have so little social justice crap in his movies when his parents actually died in the Holocaust? He is one of the few people it would be justified. Meanwhile wasp millennials who never lost anything shoehorn it in everywhere

I actually did read the book, club Dumas right? But I don't remember

there's literally no family in most parts of europe who did not lost someone during that period and most people, especially from born 1945+ just wanted to look forward.

He's actually talented, and european. While they didn't shy from making nazi films, they did so in a much more tasteful way then exploiting the suffering at every chance they could like some of the sick scenes in schindlers list.

He also got to buttfuck that 13 to shiksa, which prolly took some of his heat away

>club Dumas right?
Yeah. Wiki says she was a fallen angel and was witness to the "war in heaven" in the book

yo*

Styx is here