Thoughts?

Thoughts?

youtu.be/Frt9-H2BMhU

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u74UKFPzx78
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Office
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I don't need a video to know that the US version is better

David Brent was a an asshole but was generally well meaning and had a good heart

Micheal was just an asshole

US Office is typical American humor, just screaming like children and its funny because they're adults!

I recorded an episode of The Cleveland Show, and the last 3 minutes of it happened to catch Michael & Holly doing "Let's Get Etnical" and that's where it all started for me.

I love David Gervais, but I couldn't imagine being drawn into a show like The Office if it wasn't for Michael Scott

Us office had more time to develop, and eventually become a terrible caricature of itself. So it had more of a chance to shine than the UK version.

The US office: Reddit
The office UK: Sup Forums

No you mixed them up

I remember the first time I watched I kinda hated Michael. The 2nd time around though I realized how brilliant he really is and his insightful moments are among the best in the series.

Nope he got it right

Who's that lady who's still in character?

US Office probably should have ended sooner, also the humor is probably more comfortable/easier to watch.

t. Toby

US version was a pretty typical sitcom that was shot documentary style. UK one was made to be as painfully real as possible.
I would say that the UK version is more important in the lexicon of television.

>also the humor is probably more comfortable/easier to watch
The original definitely wasn't just "cringe" comedy it was pretty soul-crushing. I mean by the end you realize you just watched a person destroy their self. And then to top it off Gervais kinda frames it as a statement on celebrity, like most of his work, and there's kind of a nugget of truth in there that Dave Chappelle pointed out about Michael Jackson once; in some sick messed up way, these people do this shit to themselves for us.

This, anyone who prefers the US version is a pleb

>the humor is probably more comfortable/easier to watch.

That's not a good thing.

>when plebs unironically think the US version is better

Best office comming through!

The UK one was too depressing.

>yanks simply can't comprehend this level of humour so have to resort to puerile slapstick yank humour

youtube.com/watch?v=u74UKFPzx78

US version is about a child who wants to be a man. UK version is about a man who wants to be a child. Both have their merits.

The UK version is more profound television. It was really something hardhitting and new for it's time. The fact it spawned so many impersonators speaks for itself.

I wonder if it had an impact on why so many of my generation live the NEET lyfe.

The US office is much more comfy viewing.

>Thoughts?
No longer interesting or rellevant

>2 years old video

>still 35 subscribers

JUST

LMAO, how did they fail this bad?

Nothing will ever top the uk christmas special

UK ""humor"" is depressing. It's always the "Woe, is me, everything goes wrong for me, haha funny because I bet you loosely relate to it!" shit over and over.

It's old and not funny.

Is this guy arguing for the US side meant to represent an idiot's point of view?

>Higher budget, more episodes, catchphrases, and broader comedy are what makes one sitcom better than another

A lot of people fail to realize that The Office UK is as much a criticism of all of these things as it is a show about a shitty boss. David Brent represents some of the worst aspects of humor in a way that The Office US never really attempted beyond 'Michael's jokes are annoying but in the end that's why we love him'.

reddit the opinion
also
>funny orange meme man
FUCK OFF

>Only funny thing that ever happens is "Ernie does weird shit"
>Cringey humor so overused that you just don't care at some point.
>No relatable characters at all, just a bunch of assholes or utter idiots, no exceptions.
There are some funny lines, but it's incredibly forgettable.

Are you literally retarded user?

Trump is literally redbitor

And he is your President for the next 8 years.

Stay buttblasted.

upvoted
pries kekeekek bros :))

great spoof

UK Office nailed exactly what it's like to work in that kind of environment, and it had some genuinely heart-warming moments, Tim's bit in the Christmas special is one for example:

'The people you work with are people you were just throw together with. You know, you don't know them, it wasn't your choice, and yet you spend more time with them then you do your friends or your family. But probably all you've got in common is the fact that you walk around on the same bit of carpet for 8 hours a day. And so, obviously, when someone comes in who you... you have a connection with... yeah. And Dawn was a ray of sunshine in my life and it meant a lot. But, if I'm really being honest I never really thought it would have a happy ending. I don't know what a happy ending is. Life isn't about endings, is it? It's a series of moments. And umm... it's not if, you know, if you turn the camera off it's not an ending, is it. I'm still here, my life's not over. Come back, come back here in 10 years, see how I'm doing then. Cause I could be married with kids, you don't know. Life just goes on.'

The US version doesn't really have little moments like that, the UK staff are people that everyone has worked with at some point or another, wheraeas the US version is 'lol so random haha crazy shenanigans' type humour.

oh cool, a show where they "argue" between each other but both have agreed on what is their favorite choice at the outset

>dumb Ameriblubber detected

I bet they believed they could become efamous with their dumb haircuts and epic deadpan le reddit le humour

the american-"loving" one deliberately tried to fuck his side of the argument on the first two points

more money being spent per episode isn't a unanimously good thing? AHAHA

sorry i dont like your show

UK Office
>David Brent feels socially outside the loop at work and attempts to mix in as the cool boss but his actions come off as embarassing to the audience

US Office
>Michael Scott goes SKYDIVING WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WATCH OUT FOR THOSE TREES MICHAEL YIIIIIIIIIKKKKKKKKKEEESSSS!

>David Brent feels socially outside the loop at work and attempts to mix in as the cool boss but his actions come off as embarassing to the audience

wooooahhhh so deeeeeeep sure was a good choice making it more serious and "subtle" because i sure want to feel the realistic ennui of the average wageslave, because that's never been done before

>this rattled yank
lmao

it's 14 bong go to lunch

one has an atheist cunt the other has a pretty ok guy

I've only watched the amerifat version. Should I watch the britbong version? How similar are the plots?

don't bother, uk version is boring

Fuckin this, top notch comment user.

Fuck Crumpets and FUCK English people

So whats the best version?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Office

how anyone can enjoy the performance of gervais is beyond me

If you're a yank, don't bother, you wouldn't get it.

I'm finnish

You should watch the Brit version, its more realistic with more focus on the awkwardsness instead of wacky characters.

Season 1 is comparable to S1 of the US office

Season 2 is post merger with Brent feeling undermined by his new boss who is younger and cooler than him.

The xmas episodes are set months after the documentary aired,