Daily reminder that Hollywood din du nuffin

Daily reminder that Hollywood din du nuffin

If Pablo Neruda won a Nobel and admitted to rape a Tamil girl, then Casey can win an Oscar too

Does that also apply to Nate Parker, Bill Cosby, and Chris Brown?

>Casey Affleck should be banned from the Oscars!
Aren't you a big fan of Roman Polanski?
>What does that have to do with anything?

Yes, of course. Everyone you mentioned is a hack, though, so it's irrelevant

I am familiar with the rapes of Pablo Neruda.

Funny, nobody was going this crazy when Nate Parker's Name was dragged through the mud.

what did he do?

CASEY AFFLECK RAPED AND KILLED A GIRL IN 1990.

He groped two women and it was settled out of court.

(ourguy)

But why would the academy treat casey any different.
Polanski raped a child and the academy awarded him and gave a standing ovation while those reports where in circulation.

Manchester by the Sea is basically his autobiography so whatever happened on the screen happened irl.

some men just want to get fucked in the ass.

Honestly it feels like all awards have lost their meaning since Obama won the Nobel Prize for peace. Like what is really the point anymore.

>fucking kids is the same as saying jews are responsible for all the wars

Jesus Christ, really?

They're doing a poor job at proving him wrong.

>went through an acrimonious split with Mia Farrow and was accused of sexual abuse, which he denied.

Literally none of what that says is damning

I think is quite clear now that Farrows accusations were full of shit.

Shut it down

>He groped two women
They were angry about not getting the credits they wanted on the film as well. I read that while the dispute was ongoing they had footage they refused to release until it was settled. So he couldn't release his film until it was mediated basically.

One of the complaints was that Casey encouraged a guy to flash his dick at the crew and laughed about it. Which is sexual assault apparently. And the groping thing was one of the chicks waking up with him drunk as fuck passed out in her bed. She never said he tried to bang her.

If you saw the "documentary" everyone is drinking heavily and screwing around. He could have tried to hit on one of them or both, but they definitely weren't Polanski tier allegations. I think what is more likely is that two people got offended after hanging out with a bunch of guys who were basically shooting a film on an extended bender who also had some pay related disputes.

A couple of chicks who worked on it with him defended him, and he always denied the "groping" part.

So it was pretty much overexagerrated for blackmail demanding more money and credit. Wonderful.

These were the allegations. The language stuff is what gets me. Like if he actually said this shit I wonder the context, and if everyone was just drinking and hanging out. Again, they never proved he said any of this shit and the rest of the crew backed him up.

Amanda White, sued Affleck for $2 million.
>Alleged Affleck had allowed Spacehog guitarist Antony Langdon to expose himself in her presence
>spoke "inappropriately" about her advancing age and fertility
>discussed his "sexual exploits", referred to women as "cows"
>invaded her "personal space" by locking her out of her hotel room while entertaining another woman
>attempted to "manipulate" her into staying with him in a hotel room and "violently" grabbed her by the arm when she refused.

Magdalena Gorka, sued Affleck for $2.25 million.
>alleged that she had been subjected to "routine instances" of sexual harassment by crew members including Langdon, "within the presence and with the active encouragement of Affleck."
>While staying in Phoenix's apartment during filming, Phoenix offered Gorka the private use of his bedroom. Affleck allegedly joined Gorka in bed while she slept, wearing only "his underwear and a t-shirt ... He had his arm around her, was caressing her back, his face was within inches of hers and his breath reeked of alcohol."

and the response/settlement

In his response to White's lawsuit, Affleck alleged that her lawyer had previously engaged in "extortionate tactics" by refusing to hand over "key production documents" and trying to block the release of the film, in an effort to obtain more compensation for her work than she was "legally entitled to."

The film's associate producer Nicole Acacio and an unnamed female editor both defended Affleck's conduct on set.

Affleck's lawyer described both claims as "total fiction."

The lawsuits were later mediated and settled out of court. Both women received credit for their work on the project, though no details of any financial settlement were released.

>Is going to be a lot of black people winning since #Oscarssowhite
>Oscars: 'We shouldn't care if the winner is a rapist'

really making me think

If the Oscars ONLY focused the work of the entertainer, then we wouldn't have stupid political rants when someone gets an award.

>I don't care how many jews you pissed off and i don't care about your political views. Just take the damn award.

>spoke "inappropriately" about her advancing age and fertility

What the fuck, who sues over that. It's an honest conversation.

Feminism was a mistake.

/our guy/

>invaded her "personal space" by locking her out of her hotel room while entertaining another woman
Really activates my almonds