>Eps 1-2, eh i dunno
>3 ok, ok
>4 this is excellent wow
>5 one of the best single episodes of television in a long time
>6-8 great as well

do you have to be catholic to like it

yes

DEUS VULT

odds are they're going to end it by having him realise how evil his conservatism is and become a nice prog?

Not at all
Its great
Characters
Cinematography
Writing
Soundtrack
Sets and costumes
It's the total package

Already finished it, great show

No, I'm atheist and I loved it

Not gonna happen apparently the creator is a catholic who isn't too happy with Mr Muslim foot fetish pope

prolly not

at least, s1 doesn't end this way

TO NOT FORGET

>vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/01/the-young-pope-hbo-review

HBO’s Vatican drama is darker and harsher than the memes would have you believe.

But . . . I don’t know. I’m having trouble reveling in it right now. The show’s accidental similarities to real-life events—Lenny was elected Pope in a stunning upset that confounded the Vatican establishment’s assumption that a more familiar veteran would win—are so keenly felt in the first half of the season that it makes for difficult viewing. I don’t really want to watch this amoral, perhaps insane autocrat exert his ordained might, upending an age-old institution while others fearfully scramble—disbelieving and caught entirely off guard—to save what they can. Sorry, that’s just not the kind of Sunday night I want to have right now. I’m sure those with stronger stomachs—or, indeed, different political sensibilities—will find something exciting or trenchant in The Young Pope’s political annihilation. But, for me, it’s no fun.
[...]
The main Italian in the cast is Silvio Orlando as a beleaguered, mole-flecked cardinal tasked with advising this cocky young Pope, and thwarted at nearly every turn. Cardinal Voiello is horrified by the new Pope’s flouting of tradition, his refusal to submit himself to observance of common courtesies and ethics. (Ugh.) Voiello plays the role of dutiful vizier when in the presence Pope Pius, though we know—and Lenny knows—that he’s much craftier and more resourceful than he lets on. A potentially satisfying bit of intrigue is developing there, but for my sanity’s sake, Voiello better be able to topple this frightening, power-mad narcissist.If not, all of Sorrentino’s style and quirky Euro humor will have been in the service of something rather cruel and redundant. We’ve already got a real authoritarian fox (Trump) in the henhouse to worry about. Lord help us, we don’t need another one on TV—blessed though he may be.

This being HBO the odds are high, but I'd rather think it ends with Sister Mary being right along that Lenny really is Christ reborn.

When the creator discussed the intro sequence he mentioned that he ended with JP2 getting hit by the meteor as an homage to an artist that did the same image "because of all the bad things he did". That suggests a liberal.

>Eps 1-2, eh i dunno

if you weren't sold from the opening shot you're a pleb

you know, that comet in the first pictures eventually becomes a blazing meteor of fire, symbolizing Pius' "rampaging evolution": we know he's a conservative, and his action are diametrically opposite to Woytila's.

so yes, Maurizio Cattelan's Pope is a clear reference

Delicious.

>imagine all along the watchtower playing as I walk down the hallways at work
>imagine my name appearing next to all my favorite character actors like Goggins and Buscemi

>google the young pope
>multiple reviews coming up about how bad it is
>all from women

can women just not understand or something?

Every episode I watched fills me with something similar to determination.

>45 seconds into your audience and he gives you this look
what do?

If you want me to ruin it for you (DONT READ ON) he never changes except for a minor concession to one individual

Only women watch dramas. If you are a man watching a drama (especially one starring Jude Law) you are likely gay.

I laughed at that. I think I was sold on the show from there on

so mentally insane that cant even enjoy pope kino. i pity that soul

What is it even about,all i can see is a pope who does not behave like one.

But still is the pope,which makes no sense at all.

What have we forgotten?

*walks towards you*

we have forgotten to masturbate

Currently halfway through. Really good so far.

Scalpel + Mole = Hey, I no longer have to vomit whenever I see you!

>Every episode I watched fills me with something similar to determination.
I get the same feeling. I think it's the will to power.

I haven't

he behaves like a pope from middle age
a true revolutionary

and god listen to him
because, even if what he does may be wrong, his heart is pure, and he truly believes he can do good, even without god

based voiello

I've seen people say there could be a second season which I would have loved but the ending seemed, aaaahhh, conclusive

VOIELLO'D

Second season's been confirmed, it's being written now. But yeah, "The End" was a misstep.

Ep 9 is the single best episode I've seen from a series last year.

*blocks your path*

>Ugh

American critics deportation to Mexico when? Hurry up Trump you senile hack

Best character... Investigation episode was pure kino

>what is an open cliffhanger ending

a lot of shows do this: mr robot had the prison ending, twin peaks, breaking bad
it's just a lame gimmick: no renewal? character's dead
show gets another season? yay he's just fine
anyway, I'm OP, I'm italian, and while I loved this show, I was very skeptic about the reactions in other countries, USA specifically

turns out its a pretty good show for different "types" of viewers

based spanish cardinal gutierrez, head of the vatican state broskis

It's the best show since Mad Men and True Detective 1st season.

this
based Pio XIII

>I was very skeptic about the reactions in other countries, USA specifically
>turns out its a pretty good show for different "types" of viewers
What did you expect the American reaction to be? What was your Italian reaction?

REMINDER:

Not a single fucking """"professional"""" """"critic"""" has understood this show beyond the surface.

thank God then that humanity has YOU
please enlighten us!
before you get back to fucking Sup Forums

>Professional class is only good at being professional
>2015+2
>Being surprised
I'd be more surprised if they were good for anything other than filling the vacancy for professional critic

Unironically love and self growth.

Don't know why you think I'm from /pol either.

Not everything in the world is about drumpf. Can't believe this man has mindfucked millions of people into obsessing over him one way or another.

Favorite look on Lenny's face was when Ester tells him she loved his homily. Also loved Lenny telling Tomasso about his prayer in the conclave and his freaking out ohshit prayer begging god for forgiveness afterwards.

I want to hear from the African cardinal again, and to know what they did to Tonnino.

I don't understand this. Not wanting to watch something on emotional grounds, I get (this horror movie is about spiders and I have arachnophobia). Not wanting to watch something on moral grounds, I get (this director is a rapist and I won't give him money). But refusing to watch something because of the character's morals? It's like people can't tell the difference between fiction and reality.

Especially when most blockbusters portray friendly murderers-heroes and everyone seems able to enjoy them without thinking they're approving murder.

Kind of remind me of that old theater anecdote: back in the 16th century, one guy from the audience once drew his sword and jumped amidst a play because he believed the actor was actually bothering the actress. This is the same here, someone is drawing a sword against fictional events and people.

If it makes you feel any better, it's only a prosthetic

I'm the first one to say that reddit should leave but isn't Sup Forums just as bad?

.> calls him drumpf

>thinks hes not a follower

>le pol boogeyman

kill yourself

i would let him

well, here in Italy everything we do has always a repercussion on the Vatican, and vice versa: it's not just a matter of politics or religion: the vatican state is literally inside roma, and it's part of italy

so, we see/hear things about the Pope every fucking day, and this show gives a completely different vibe about this omnipresent figure
it's strange, and it's fascinating, but we know too well it will never happen
but, since we're so close to this apostolical figure, we can't help to wonder..."but WHAT IF"
and, in this way, Sorrentino's work is truly a masterpiece, because every episode is like a little moment of reflection...like a prayer, you could say. and atheist's prayer.

so, maybe most USA critics didn't get it, I don't know..I was a little sad, but since you guys seem to like it, I don't know. I might even feel a little patriotic right now

Just kiss already.

>mfw based Sorrentino saves entertainment in America

Critics have gone too far this time, people will see this show no matter what and they'll see it's fucking great. Then people like this will lose all credibility and maybe a new wave of reviewing will come around

Like Trump but in art, y'know what I mean

I was being sarcastic. I know its the internet but something about post-Trump culture has made everyone autistic and unable to detect sarcasm etc. Everyone is just waiting for the first opportunity to go for the throat

Did he faint because he doesn't eat? Has smoking caught up with him? Or is he overcome with emotion?

ITT: shows that americans will never understand

>I might even feel a little patriotic right now
non abbiamo bisogno del tuo """patriottismo""" ateopiddino

actually, this does make me feel better

Too many Cherry Coke Zeroes

Spaghetti mario ferrari

>destroying catholic values disturbs me, it reminds me of trump destroying americas rights
>also common moral and ethical values sicken me because I'm an edgy leftist

jesus christ, it's like this faggot doesn't like any side of the coin, but he still wants to win heads or tails, what the fuck

and I consider myself a communist so, im pretty confused

only seen 2 episodes. I liked this show. Anyone got torrents on this that are more then 2 gig per episode?

at the time, i thought it was a clever way of inferring he had sex with Esther

the next episode killed that idea for me

so, yeah, i don't know

>and I consider myself a communist

Homosexual detected.

Will he finally declare the Crusade and retake Constantinople?

attendo con trepidazione l'asse WA-RO-MO
Washington - Roma - Mosca degli amici Trump, Salvini e Putin

The whole world will convert to Catholicism during his papacy.

the problem is that this is a dangerous show
for centuries we fought to free ourselves from christian sick morality
how many died burned alive to give us the freedom we have today?
but this show it slimy, it makes you sympathize with that kind of objective and eternal morality that took in hostage our consciences for 2000 years
this is so wrong, so wrong my friends
a world where right and wrong are objective is a world with no freedom don't forget this, it's an unfair world, a world of suffering for many people
so beware about what this show is trying to do, it comes from Italy and don't forget that Italy is a backward catholic country

do you think the show is saying this is how the church should be?

i don't see it that way

>backward catholic country

nah we're full catholic bro, never really tried to hide that it's pretty evident
also, the show tells how absolutism can be both good and bad, and it's up to the individual to follow his will, because the will itself is belief, and a miracle
he doesn't believe in god and he does miracles all the time, because his will, his choice, his actions, are bold and strong and he's determined

it's a christian message, yes. catholicism is very different from...the idea of christianity you might have. it goes back to Plato, greek and oriental philosophy. he's a sort of modern Jesus christ: he too fought with merchants in the temple

Will Jude Law ever win an award for this show? I think he was fantastic.

it doesn't matter, still people sympathize with this problematic message

Virtuosity is for the arrogant.

christian message = morality is objective and eternal
and that's unfair and dangerous

>for centuries we fought to free ourselves from christian sick morality
>how many died burned alive to give us the freedom we have today?
stop blabbering memes pls

>problematic
Careful not to fall for it.

Don't fall for the bait

>mfw TYP received mixed reviews
>mfw TYP is the best tv show of this decade
>mfw critics can't handle an "unlikeable" MC

>I have nor arguments so I just call it bait
you can't deny reality anyway

i would replace Francis to Lenny anytime

dude a wrote an entire paragraph and the only thing your neuronal cells can come up with is a fucking 2 words equation?

get the fuck out

stop lieing mohamed

Lenny is a mary sue, a st. Mary sue if you will

Sad part is now that it's been done a real pope can't get away with carrying out these sort of great works.

Mary Sues were self-inserts. You're right, I absolutely feel like this is what I would behave like if I was pope.

or they can't handle a loveable conservative christian white male MC

Back to Tumblr, roastie

again not an argument
I said this show is dangerous because it makes you sympathize with that equation
an equation that kept the man slave for two millennia
no one has been able to answer me

christianity and islam under this aspect are identical
for them morality is objective and eternal
islam is firstly against our NEW western civilization

since I doubt you are a catholic fanatic that follow all the stupid rules, I'm glad you agree with me
even if you don't want to admit that

>again not an argument
Fuck off with this molymeme and adress the guys points

I watched it when it came out on 360p
Are there any bluray torrents for it yet?

as long as you aren't asexual you'd like it