Why do so many people despise the original Battlestar Galactica...

Why do so many people despise the original Battlestar Galactica? It's certainly not the best show but it has quite a lot of cool ideas even if the execution can be spotty in places.

The battles and stuff were fun but it had a feeling that was too much a product of its time.

well i've never seen it before but that picture seems like a good reason to fucking hate it

It's a promotional image from the 70s man.

>>despise
>>lorne greene

KYS.

u wut m8?
I really liked the show. Lorne was quite good in it.
I just see a remarkable amount of trash talk for the show. It certainly isn't as good as the remake, but it has it's own charm and is much more of a grand space opera.

>>mfw genY thinks production cost dictates makes for "charm and is much more of a grand space opera"

le sigh. go watch blake's 7, space:1999, buck rogers, and the original V pilot. maybe then you'll understand special fx were costly and what you see as "grand" is because its talky & that is just about keeping cost down.

keep watching. you may escape plebville yet.

Do you mean that it was geared toward a family show instead of an action/adventure show?

It was in fact not very talky and had the largest budget of any TV show at the time.

What does that even mean? There was action and adventure. And sure a chimp dressed as a robot.

I l9ved it at the time
Incidentally
>77
Star Wars was released in 1977

RIP Apollo

Maybe I should have said it wasted time with family" aspect instead of only action and space.

When actually will capes be a thing
Even half capes like op pic
I have a bunch I wanna try out
I know I know half cape is silly description as a cape is a cape but how else do I describe a shorter cape

It is true that any scene with Boxey was quite torturous. That said the show had some action fatigue as it is. It needed some better more consistent and thoughtful writing.

It was right for the time, and the new BSG was right for its time.

New Baltar is by far one of my greatest characters of anything in all of time however, so I am biased. He wasn't a clown in a cape trying to rule over humanity.

They won't be a thing until you start wearing them user.
And then the thing they will be is an identifier for people to judge another group of people as lesser than them.
Like Trilbys and trenchcoats now.

>Original Battlestar Galactica=Star Wars bandagonner

Absolutely reboot Baltar is amazing.
I would say Baltar is one of the weakest aspects of the original. The fact they don't execute him when he turns himself in is pretty peeving.

The words of a man who hasn't really watched this glorious mormon space opera.

I think you're alluding to a cloak (full length) and a cape (half length).