Buddhism

Are you meditating from time to time already, user?

Meme religion desu

Most Buddhists are not Shaolin.

Post what variants of this meme you have please

It was not implied. inb4 two related pics.

If Buddhist know the truth, then why would I want to lead a good Buddhist life. When if I simply am a bad Buddhist I will be reincarnated. I don't get it

You probably don't get it. It's about getting it mainly.

> Fail to achieve enlightenment => Remain an ordinary being
> Achieve enlightenment through Buddhism => Stops the karmic transmigration of the non-soul, stops from being an ordinary being

Karma doesn't make any sense either. There are plenty of successful evil people and people who have had horrible lives but are good. I don't buy it

Previous lives

You don't have to buy anything.
You already bought a shitload of bullshit.

How can evil people even be successful at anything? Nigel, plz.

Also, your point is void because karma is like a energetic potential. If you have a lot of good reserves, the consequences of bad actions will be way smaller.

xD

The further you look into any religion, the more elaborate and crazier it gets.

Nah. I don't believe that's the truth

Who cares what you believe?
In Buddhism you don't have to believe anything, BTW.

Also, it's like saying
> I don't believe in Potential Energy and Kinetic Energy

You might as well go study maths at this point.

Pretty gut. *it's super effective*

I find Buddhism very interesting but its difficult to reconcile as a westerner being so alien

though once it was alien to East Asia too and it managed to adapt, I think in the West it can do the same.
Greek thought has already had a profound influence on Buddhism and is mostly responsible for the creation of Mahayana Buddhism.
as well as Chan/Zen Buddhism through Bodhidharma who possibly game from Gandhara or the region around there.
we know it had a presence in Rome as well, and its philosophy is closer to that of the Ancients than semetic Christianity is

>In Buddhism you don't have to believe anything, BTW.
if you don't believe in karma or reincarnation a lot of the Buddha's words fall flat.

I'd suggest to people that they read the Indian epics like the Bhagavad Gita and Upanishands at least, as well as some Taoist literature like Tao Te Ching.
to many westerners go into this stuff with minimal understanding of Eastern thought (or even western thought)

I love this fucking meme.

i've sundered this cabal

Go back to Krautchan

>if you don't believe in karma or reincarnation a lot of the Buddha's words fall flat.
It's not really a belief and it doesn't have to be.
It's about realizing what things are. Belief is not the right word, knowledge would be closer. It's a philosophical embroglio in some way as some consider all knowledge to be mere belief.

monkey plz

*imbroglio

bump

I'm a buddhist but I never meditated myself. I only chant holy words everyday bases.