How long until it is illegal to segregate bathrooms by gender in the United States...

How long until it is illegal to segregate bathrooms by gender in the United States? Reminder that "separate but equal" is NOT equal.

why are you using that equation as en example? there is nothing wrong with what hitler did

What equation? I never said that Hitler did anything wrong. He did do something wrong btw (not finishing what he started).

whats the answer to the equation goys

a^2 + b^2 = c^2

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Wait, am I retarded or am I missing something?

Won't it just be 5*16?

Thats what Im thinking

There's no way youre both this retarded.

The lengths given do not form a possible trapezoid.
Each base of the triangle would have to be 2 (since 16 - 12 = 4, two triangles, two bases, 4/2 = 2)
2^2 + 5^2 != 8^2

Also the area of a trapezoid is not base1 * height you mongloid

That would give you the area of a rectangle, what is depicted is a trapezoid. You need to get the areas of the two triangles that make up both ends and add that to the 12*5 that makes up the inside rectangle.

It's 70 you retards.
(12+16)/2*5

Idiot. The answer is 100

The triangles are identical though, so you can turn it into a rectangle.

It's called mental maths, mate. Memorising formulas is pretty retarded.

No, 100 is the answer to the question of how many guys your mom fucked

The triangles may be identical but a triangle with hypotenuse 8, base 2, and side 5 cannot exist with a 45 degree angle

Nope. The area of that figure is 100

Two triangles of area = 20
Middle square of area = 60

20 + 60 + 20 = 100

Guys, it's just the area of a trapezoid

12+16 = 28/2 = 14 x 5= 70= area of object

I think pic means common core adds way to much info you need, which is true, since my brother has these exact same problems and they are cancer.

can that triangle even exist?

a base of 2, height of 5 and hypotenuse of 8

A right triangle cannot have hypotenuse 8, side 5, base 2 with a 45 degree angle.

You can still solve it, but that triangle cannot have those measurements.

30 60 90 triangle?

No, a triangle needs the total length of any 2 of its sides to be greater than the length of the other one.

How are you getting the area of the two triangles as 20? It's 10.

Anyways, right triangles aren't even needed in this problem.

Yeah no shit

>math problem
>having an impossible shape

This is the issue, that triangle cannot have those measurements.

The fuck is wrong with you? The hypotenuse of the triangle is 8 not the opposite. (16-12)/2 is 2.

its completely irrelevant, get checked for legit autism

You do realise a figure doesn't have to actually match the values it provides right? I could draw a square and slap a different value on each side and say "find the area" and it would be a completely valid question.

You can't solve it as a trapezoid if it isn't a right triangle.

HI ;)

Vietnam #1
USA #19

Ya but Vietnam is filled with cucks

Well, you could look at this from a logical point of view. The trapezoid consists of two right triangles, and a rectangle. Add up the area of the both of the triangles, and then the area of the rectangle. So since the bottom base of the trapezoid is 16, and the top is 12, that means the bottom of both triangles is 2 units. I'm pretty sure it's common knowledge that the area of a triangle is side x side divided by 2. So 2x5 divided by 2 is 5, x 2 (Other triangle) is 10. Add 10 to the area of the rectangle, 12 x 5, which is 60. Therefore the area is 10 + 60. 70.

>figure doesn't have to actually match the values it provides right?

if that's not a 90 degree angle then it's not a solvable problem. fuckin idiot.

>the implied information can be wrong but we still expect you to get the right answer.

Finding the hypotenuse of the triangle would mean using the Pythagorean theorem. So technically the hypotenuse of the triangle isn't 8 but rather it's the square root of 29 (5.38516480713). You get to 29 from 5^2 + 2^2.

Yes, but 5^2 + 2^2 =/= 8^2

I don't know why this is being blamed on Common Core instead of unqualified teachers though. This error has nothing to do with doctrine.

The entire point of common core is that:

>the information doesn't have to be right the only thing that matters is the logic of the kid's answer

this is fucking retarded in every way possible, and there's a reason why the creator of common core doesn't use common core at his private grade school.

They gave you the hypotenuse, it literally doesn't matter what the actual hypotenuse is. And the fact that line isn't a right angle is irrelevant because both sides have a hypotenuse of 8 making them equal meaning both triangles still have an opposite of 2.

16-12=4
4/2=2
(2*5)+(12*5)=70

I never took common core so I could be wrong. maybe it's x=transgender

See
But yeah you're right. I've had some pretty shit teachers in my life. I kinda hate american education, throughout my life I've always out shined my fellow classmates.

it's completly stupid because the hypotenuse is not used at all. It shouldn't have even been given if they were just going to give a non real value anyways. The whole problem is stupid in every way.

How do you know that the top left and top right angles are the same? The triangle on the right can have a slightly different side and base, making the problem unsolvable.

i feel like common core is going to dumb everyone down to nigger-levels, instead of raising niggers up to white human levels

The hypotenuse is literally the only way we can know both sides are equal thereby making it the only way we can know that 12 is positioned dead centre over 16. They clearly just fucked up and forgot to mark the right angle. This is a question for 5 year olds user.

The moment they do, there will be a 1000% rape crime increase. For both parties.

I think the real exercise is to filter out irrelevant and extraneous information to find the data you actually need. this could actually be a higher level exercise, even if it is by accident.

we had this kind of stuff in the star program back in the day. they would give you a bunch of open ended problems and problems with data you didn't need, so you had to figure out what was pertinent

The joke is that the base measurement of 16 is a lie. It should be 26 based on the triangles. If the base measurement really is 16, then the side measurements of 8 are a lie. They should be the square root of 29, which is around 5.385.

How do you know the top angles are the same? You don't.

The triangles could have slightly different dimensions except have the same hypotenuse. Are you really gonna argue that it doesn't matter?

>eh close enough, that's what I always say
t. engineer created by common core

>>This is a question for 5 year olds
>Forgetting the fact you're talking to an American
>Forgetting that with common core you don't actually do this until you're too old to grasp it correctly

This is actually really sad. This question is for babies and you are all trying to solve it using trig to prove how smart you are and how dumb common core is. The lesson preceding this was most likely a lesson in breaking down shapes into smaller shapes to find the area, I highly doubt they covered sines and shit. Literal 5 year old level stuff.

>information I don't need
>such as information about an impossible shape, making the problem unsolvable without further information
>this is a good thing in a MATH class

are you gonna argue that?

or you could take the difference of the top and bottom length, create shapes with right angles that are complimentary to create rectangles, and stick the pythagorean principle up your loose sloppy rectum

How do you know that the top angles are the same? You don't. So how can you put the two triangles together to make a square? You can't without further information. :-)

Why do people give a fuck? The laundry list of problems people could have with trannies and this one dickslaps you on TV the most. We already have unisex bathrooms you cucks, go in and take a fucking shit and go. What is wrong with you people?

newfags can't 2

The problem is that if 8 is true, then its not the hypotenuse of a right triangle, and therefore 5 is not a height because it's not a right angle with the base, and you then cannot calculate the area.

>The entire point of common core is thatthe information doesn't have to be right the only thing that matters is the logic of the kid's answer

that's always been true though, that's why show your work has always been a thing. If the kids smart enough to point out the error in the problem, he deserves extra credit. Again, this has nothing to do with common core.

Now I've heard some stories about particularly authoritarian teachers actually punishing students for "undermining authority" when they correct the teacher's error, and those teachers should be imprisoned.

I'm certainly not going to argue that. I was educated in a manner where math was a pure exercise, same as comp and rhetoric. we had a separate class where they taught us to use all of these principals to solve problems. they are just being lazy and cheap by trying to skip the foundation process before teaching kids to use the knowledge they have to solve problems

Agreed which is why common core is a bad thing as its obviously inferior

Yeah, let's put the number 5.3851648071345040312507104915403 on a 5 year olds pop quiz. That totally won't overwhelm them.

>yeah let's give them a problem that isn't solvable without further information, that'll surely help them in the long run

>irrelevant and extraneous information
Except they needed to mark both non-parallel sides to communicate that it's an isosceles trapezoid.

It is solvable though. In fact it is incredibly obvious what they expect the answer to be. You are overthinking things. In fact I actually think this question is very good in that regard, it shows how overthinking a simple problem can be just as bad as not giving it enough thought. But of course this is all moot because this question is for toddlers and toddlers will simply solve it using the things they have been taught to use.

It'll never happen because there's always going to be someone with enough sense to say that gender is too nebulous and sex is concrete biology.

Okay /sci/, what is the area of this triangle. The answer may surprise you.

My based Ethiopian co-worker and I are in total agreement on this point.

Trips of Truth confirm.

they would be complimentary no matter what. so long as you know the length of the top and bottom of the trapezoid you could find the area if you have the height. it's complimentary either way

>You are overthinking things.

No I'm an engineer. You cannot imply this is a trapezoid without further information, find me a mathematician that thinks that's a good problem for students.

It's a broken question. Math isn't about shortcuts, the little bits matter just as much as the small, you cannot give broken problems then say "only solve the part that matters" it's math - the entire problem is what you have to solve not just the bit the teacher wants you to.

Find me a mathematician that thinks a broken problem is a good problem for math students.

The details matter in math - that's all we've got to go on in math. There's no 'bigger picture' it's just us and the numbers.

Fuck off you faggot, there's clearly no answer

How do you know the top angles are the same? Hypotenuses could be the same - sides and bases could be different, meaning there's no proof that it's a trapezoid.

I agree. the people who have trig on the mind are just hammers looking for nails. when they find a bolt they shit their pants

It is not solvable. It is an impossible figure.

Common Core is based on lies. That's the fucking joke.

top edge xD

>math
>the details don't matter

good luck out there buddy hope you're doing a safe mathless degree

I can find you a mathematician that thinks that is a good problem for toddlers.

>breaking down shapes into smaller, impossible shapes
Yeah, sure.

He'd think it was a good problem if they labeled the other side of the triangle, so we'd have proof it's a trapezoid

6+6+6=18
18*2=36
Take the post ID of 79366438 and plug it into a Monte Carlo program and run it 10,000 times.
Take the average, which in this case was 50.1688.
36/50.1688=0.7176
0.7161*100=7176
7176/(36*2) (times 2 because two triangles make a square) = 100
That's how we know there are 100 degrees in a triangle, which checks out.
So the area must be half of the 36, which is 18.

15.59 it's equilateral

>2 right triangles and a rectangle
>Impossible

It's clearly a pyramid you fucking flatlander.

Please try constructing a right triangle with sides 2, 5 and 8.

They are evidently and objectively not right triangles.

>right triangle with angle 30 45 or 60
>side 5
>hypotenuse 8
>base 2
>impossible

yup

How long until it is illegal to be a white cis male in the United States?

>right triangles
Except they're demostrably not right triangles.

There you go.

maybe you should point that out by defining it's dimensions with a dotted line you fucking dumbass.

I get that in a real world situation things are generally not ideal shapes, but this is not the scenario we are dealing with

>but this is not the scenario we are dealing with
says who? you? not according to the problem fuckface

what's the area of that triangle?

86,89 mm2

If we're going non-euclidean it may as well be ∞

468^22e+49

In the real world, a value of 8 plus or minus 3 has no significance since the error is so high, and is therefore unfit to perform calculations with.

Stop using ideal as a weasel word, faggot.

Side 5
Hypotenuse 8
Base sqrt(39)

Technically it's supposed to be a parallelogram, which is a special case of trapezoid. Details, laddy.

We don't know that the height is 5 because we don't know that that line is orthogonal to both bases

thanks for the correction
*edited + upvoted