Reserved seating

>reserved seating

What the fuck is this meme and why do all the theaters in my area do it?

Back at my old town it was first come first serve. Show up 15 minutes early and get the best seat, no bullshit.

This just panders to lazy faggots.

>Not reserving seats and skipping the commercials.

why have all the worst seats been reserved?

my theater only does this for the "premium" seats the ones that can recline so it sort of makes sense to do it for those

No, you're wrong. This maximizes efficiency in terms of locating seats and leaving seats to acquire snacks or use the restroom, limits in theater conflicts, allows people to plan ahead without sitting in line for what could be hours for the opening of a big film, patrons are not burned if they can't find optimal seating for their larger party... There is no negative to it besides it being "new"

Grayed out is reserved silly

I think the blue ones are the available seats.

>buying snacks
>leaving your seat to use the bathroom

you're the worst kind of movie goer

Also it makes you not look like a loser because you can just walk up to the ticket booth on your phone and say "Yeah I'll meet you in there" then pick up your ticket

>buy tickets & pay via app from my couch
>be awarded points to buy soda with

tell me how this is not based af

> was first come first serve
> panders to lazy faggots

Lol you blind fuck, now you are the lazy faggot. Reserve that shit early and get the good seats

Once I overheard the people a row ahead and off to the side realize they were in the wrong theater. They had the same seats as someone but the worker came in and told them the tickets were for a theater that was about half an hour away. I felt a little bad but at the same time just thought "how the hell do you make that kind of mistake?"

pretty sure only amc does this...you dont have any lower more independent theaters around you?

You leave seats to use the restroom before the film starts. If you get there say 20 minutes early you do not want to deal with any hassle returning to your seat and finding someone in it. Restroom emergencies do occur though. Snacks are purchased or sneaked in, prior to the film starting obviously but again, you may get there early and want something prior to the film starting.

Some Harkins theatres in Phoenix do this

is your time worth nothing op?

The real question is why haven't theaters adopted the curved seating set up?

It would make those outer seats not so bad

They didn't check the address. It's stupid but I see it happening, especially if the two theaters are an equal distance from their start point.

>Show up 15 minutes early and get the best seat

Maybe if you're watching some shit movie 2 weeks after it's been out. If I want to see some long-awaited flick I'd have to show up at LEAST an hour early, and even then I'd only get half-decent seats unlike the people who showed up 2 hours early. With reserved seats I don't have to wait in line for hours like some kind of schmuck waiting to get the iphone 10 on release day.

Because in most cities you have to show up an hour before the movie or get shit seats. Fuck that. I'll gladly pay an extra few dollars to know where I'm sitting and not have to worry about showing up an hour before the movie.

i think he means ppl who order online and show up later..

i didnt like the idea at first. i still kinda have problems with it, but it is kinda convenient i guess.

idk it has its pros and cons

Can't you just buy your ticket earlier?

>Go online for showtimes
>Confer with fellow patrons a good time to see the film
>Decide 3 days from now at 7 PM
>Confer on seating options
>Buy tickets
>Show up to theater at 6:30 and pick up tickets
>Sit comfortably in the theater after buying snacks and using the restroom
>See some autistic guy with a toy lightsaber sperg out because "his" seat was taken even though the tickets were purchased days ago and he just decided to show up 15 minutes before the movie was to start
>He gets taken out by security.

Who /first row/ here

>mfw OP is that autist who showed up to one of these and picked a seat he didn't reserve and then had an awkward confrontation where the people asked if he would kindly move

I remember some guy saying him and his wife would go to one of these right before a movie started, check what seats were available, and then sneak in for a free show.

>2017
>not buying the best middle seats then not showing up to stick it to normies

the way its set up now, the front seats arnt even that bad. Id still prefer middle but at least the front isnt as shitty as it used to be. Unless youre in imax. I saw jurrasic world in imax up front, and it was pretty cool when the dinosaurs were on screen and shit, but i dont think id do it again in imax.