Name one athlete who is a bigger choke artist

Name one athlete who is a bigger choke artist
>pro tip: you cant

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=q0bF2QvAYeU
si.com/mlb/2017/10/29/world-series-baseballs-leather-justin-verlander-yu-darvish-ken-giles-kenley-jansen
thescore.com/news/1409434
si.com/mlb/2017/10/26/world-series-game-2-dallas-keuchel-balls-juiced
espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/21188157/rob-manfred-reiterates-ball-juiced-home-run-onslaugh-world-series-game-2
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>blow a 4 run lead
>then a 3 run lead in the same game
>set record for most home runs allowed in a postseason
Do you think hell still make the hall? I wouldnt vote for him

I unironically cannot think of one.
Was there someone that was in all 4 Buffalo Bills teams in the early 90s or something?

Jim Kelly

jim kelley and thurman thomas were their two big names.
but they got fucked because the nfc was so much stronger than the afc in that era. so it sucks for them, but it's not like anyone was crowning them the goat and then they fucked up when it got serious.

>Goes to 4 straight super bowls
>Loses each one

Gary Anderson

>ya fuk'd up Gary!

>most home runs allowed in a postseason
wew

>Bruce Smith
>Andre Reed
>Cornelius Bennett

Jim kelley. Hes up there but i think kershaw is in a league of his own. Its not like kelley was the greatest regular season quarterback ever then threw four picks every super bowl. His worst game was against a good skins team and he left that one injured toward the end iirc

Hes the lebron of the nba. He carried an overperforming team to the finals and was beaten by much better teams. I dont think bills were a favorite for any of those games

I thought that was Broxton but it's not, so Broxton.

Not even close pal

LeBoon

3 rings and a teiple double in the finals last year. Take your stale memes back to 2012

If he gets in the hall and schilling doesnt ill burn cooperstown to the ground

1 good game and he was put on fucking mount Rushmore of MLB pitchers in history.

By who?

(((ESPN)))

Koufax, cy young, ryan, for sure. Not sure if id go gibson or Johnson for 4th. Maybe clemens

Kershaw, mad bum, pedro martinez, verlander. In that order

>1 good game

Didn't know they gave out Cy Young awards based on one game.

They give them based on regular season stats

Exactly

Pitchers and quarterbacks are the most prone to choking. When a hitter chokes they can just blame it on the rest of the lineup. When a runningback is invisible they can just blame it on the O-Line.
The NBA is rigged so choking is never real anyway.
Hockey is too team-based.

I think football is just as team-based, the quarterback is just the inevitable focal point. If a QB has a bad game people tend to ignore how shitty his O-line was and just blame him, it's like how the President always gets the blame or credit for GDP growth/stagnation when it's basically always out of his control.

But a pitcher really has no excuses. It's just him against the entire opposing team. If he does his job the team wins unless the fielders are trash and nobody on his team hits.

Yeah but I've seen good quarterbacks have big meltdowns. Nothing is like when a pitcher chokes. Maybe a golfer on the back nine on day four.

he had a solid g1, made me think maybe the postseason blues were over for him but not yet...

i still think his regular season dominance is enough for him to be recognized as one of the era's best, and postseason pitching is a completely different beast...
just crazy that a game started by two of baseballs best pitchers ended with 25 runs scored

>just crazy that a game started by two of baseballs best pitchers ended with 25 runs scored
It's the league tampering with the balls. Sliders aren't breaking the way they should. Peacock and Morton basically gave up on that pitch entirely. Kershaw kept throwing it for....some reason, seriously I don't know what he was thinking.

Barry sanders

This is a gay arguement. If you pitch your whole life you notice even the slightest imperfections in a baseball. They would have to fuck with the stitching and pitchers would talk about.

This is my favorite one. Rizzo looks like he's running away from committing a childish prank.

Kek
youtube.com/watch?v=q0bF2QvAYeU

>If you pitch your whole life you notice even the slightest imperfections in a baseball.
Pitchers do notice it, they've been bitching about it all series. The pitching coaches have been bitching too. On both teams. Have you been paying attention at all?

si.com/mlb/2017/10/29/world-series-baseballs-leather-justin-verlander-yu-darvish-ken-giles-kenley-jansen

thescore.com/news/1409434

si.com/mlb/2017/10/26/world-series-game-2-dallas-keuchel-balls-juiced

>“We had a well-pitched game tonight from both sides,” Astros pitching coach Brent Strom said after Los Angeles won Game 4, 6-2. “I’m not taking anything away from the players. I just want to know why? Why in the world would the baseballs in the World Series be different? Because you can see the difference. You can feel it. I don’t understand it at all.”

>Said Dodgers pitching coach Rick Honeycutt, referring to his Game 3 starter, Yu Darvish, “Yu noticed the difference. He told me the balls were slicker and he had trouble throwing the slider because of how slick they were. He wasn’t able to throw his slider the same way.

>"The World Series ball is slicker," Verlander told Verducci. "No doubt. I'm telling you, we're in here signing (World Series) balls before the game, and it's hard to get the ink on the ball sometimes. You know when you sign a receipt at Starbucks, and if you don't hold the paper down with your hand, the pen just slides across the paper and the ink doesn't stick to it? That's what it's like sometimes trying to sign these balls. That's how slick the leather is.

>“Obviously, the balls are juiced," said Astros pitcher Dallas Keuchel, via USA Today. “I think they’re juiced 100%.

They've all noticed it, and they're all talking about it. You think it's a coincidence that pitchers are complaining, and coaches are complaining, and sliders aren't breaking, and this world series has set the record for most homers in any world series ever (after just 5 games)? It's completely fucking obvious that the balls have been altered. Which makes it mystifying that Kershaw tried throwing even a single slider in game 5.

Are you even watching it? Just because he got hit a few times.... kershaws curve was leaving batters stunned the first 4 innings...he started floating them over the plate

>Just because he got hit a few times
>he

I've listed three different starting pitchers and two pitching coaches. This isn't just Kershaw choking, it's a problem for everyone pitching in this World Series. If you look at Peacock's pitches, he completely abandoned the slider pretty early on too, you think that's a coincidence.

>kershaws curve was leaving batters stunned the first 4 innings
You throw curveballs with the seam....I'm talking about sliders where your hand has a lot more contact with the ball as a whole. Have you ever played baseball before?

Yes and i know how to throw a slider and curve it is your hand motion not the hand footprint

The game they were favored in Kelly was clutch. The kicker blew it.

>hand motion
You mean arm motion, right?

>hand footprint
You mean grip-oh, you're a foreigner using a proxy and google translate. Sorry for responding to you seriously. For what it's worth though, the grip does matter a lot. For every pitch.

I was trying to express area, the amount of grip. Alsoyou can come over the top and still throw a slurve

The amount of grip on a slider and a curve is different, though. What kind of weird-ass curves were you throwing? The surface of the ball (not the seams) matters a lot more on a slider. That's why every pitcher's slider has gone to shit in this series.

Brett saberhagen style my bro

....why?

>get pitcher who relies heavily on breaking balls
>give him ball that cannot break

Genuinely feel sorry for Darvish especially

>bread and butter pitch is a slider
>give him a ball that makes sliders impossible
>don't tell him
>watch and laugh as he hangs every slider over the plate and gets wrecked

has manfred even commented on the balls yet? He is going to have to since its become mainstream at this point

espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/21188157/rob-manfred-reiterates-ball-juiced-home-run-onslaugh-world-series-game-2

He's lying through his fucking teeth. Pitchers and pitching coaches on both sides talking about it. Batters lazily one-handing pitches over the fence. It couldn't be more obvious. Pic related, WS on the left, regular on the right, both unused.

It's amazing the lengths they're going to to fix it for the Astros.
>umps diving in front of throws that would've won the dodgers a game
>strike zone 30-70% bigger for dodgers
>doctored balls when all but 1 dodger pitcher 100% rely on movement on the ball

How was this not a sweep

And since he's so belligerent in defending the lie, it leaves you open to wondering if the umps toss them out to one team's pitchers and regular balls to the other

I'm not sure that it's fixing it in favor of the Astros, I think it's tampering to increase the number of home runs. Guys like Keuchel and Peacock also love their sliders, and they've been getting annihilated too. I can't comment on the strike zone because honestly I don't give a shit about either team enough to pay that close attention to the zones, as far as I can tell the zone has been wonky for both sides. But what is really fucking obvious is that sliders are suicide pitches right now, on both sides, and it makes no sense for a dozen pitchers, some of whom are the best in baseball, to simultaneously lose command of their sliders.

>it leaves you open to wondering if the umps toss them out to one team's pitchers and regular balls to the other
No it doesn't because pitchers and pitching coaches on both sides are complaining. Even when their teams end up winning the game.

What? Right has the world series logo and it has mud on it.

giles

>league came out and say "woops we put the wrong team in the NLCS, our bad"
>umps literally diving in front of balls to alter outcomes of games
>league denying literal facts that the balls are altered
Move over Black Sox, we got a league-endorsed waste of a season

I can't.

Curry's about to match LeBoon soon. He's better than that receding hairline dumb fuck poor excuse for a gorilla (LeBoon in case your peanut sized brain can't figure out who I'm talking about).

Make Theo Epstein the commissioner. Manfred is a fucking hack.

>umps literally diving in front of balls to alter outcomes of games
If you're talking about Diaz getting hit in the thigh?

That was about as planned as the dodgers player having the baseball hit the bill of his cap.

The planned thing is the testing out of new baseballs. Specifically the ones they introduced in July 2017. Baseball did that on purpose otherwise they would've switched it back by now. Maybe it was Manfred's master plan that he was saving up for when he became commish, but he didn't have enough time to institute before the start of 2015.
It's really fucking suspicious.

*July 2015 I mean

Can also throw in a "postpone giving a shit about the potential 2 billion asian customers until 2018 because the script had Gurriel hitting a pivotal dinger"

Higuain maybe

Pitchers did notice dipfuck

>no one has said marino

Strike sone is large in my opinion but consistent. I think umps are enlarging it to cut the struggling pitchers what slack they can. No doubt balls are juiced. This is a ratings grab at the cost of the games integrety. This whole year deserves an asterisk and the World Series deserves two

>Red Sox barely hit any home runs, even with new juiced balls
>The corpse of Hanely Ramirez will get playing time next year
I-It'll be alright guys...