Warner Bros Does it Again

$60M Friday/Sat
hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-results-lego-batman-wins-556m-fifty-shades-disrobes-468m-974882

have we entered the age of animatedcomickino?

Other urls found in this thread:

hollywoodreporter.com/news/china-box-office-xxx-return-xander-cage-opens-massive-61m-974887
youtube.com/watch?v=thRR2D6a0_g
youtube.com/watch?v=sZSYYiATFTI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Its apparent now that 50 Shades became a event genrefilm of its own and with that competition pulled some strong numbers. I guess it doesn't matter how bad of a flick it is people are going to watch it because its the only thing pretty much like it out there.

Lego is unironically the best "Cinematic universe".

Since this is kind of de facto Box Office thread holy mother of shit

Xander Cage got 62 million in China this weekend: hollywoodreporter.com/news/china-box-office-xxx-return-xander-cage-opens-massive-61m-974887

I hope they keep quality up and realize its not the legos that make it good but the funny scripts. Its better than most comedies.

john wick 2 did pretty well for an r-rated action movie with no superheroes involved.

DC>Marvel

Marvel has an edge with live action films for sure, but DC films are just as enormously financially succesful so clearly normies dont give a shit.
Comic books? DC actually gives a shit about their characters, stories, and audience and doesnt force blank slate boring token diversity characters.
TV? Sure Daredevil is great and Luke Cage was alright, but Jessica Jones, Agents of Shield (yes, even the stuff after season 3), and Agent Carter are all shit. Meanwhile, Arrow is improving after the shitshow that was season 3, Legends of Tomorrow is good, Supergirl is... better, and Flash is fucking brilliant.
Cartoon shows? Honestly Marvel has literally one good cartoon and its 60's spiderman. DC meanwhile had the superfriends, Justice League Unlimited, Teen Titans, Young Justice, Superman the animated series, Batman the animated series, and of course all the other great Batman cartoons.

In 50 years Marvel will be a foot note in box office history, meanwhile people will still be talking about DC and how great it was to watch/read their stories whether it be an exciting continuation of a comic book story line, a disappointing film adaptation, a hilarious Lego self parody, or a brilliant tv series.

youtube.com/watch?v=thRR2D6a0_g
nah it was a disappointment. still better than any live action DC movie, but forced and obnoxious.
easily worse than the Lego Movie, 6/10

>Lego Batman did better than BvS

I think it's weird how proudly adults watch children's movies.

Only underage faggost care about publisher wars. There is literally no excuse to read comics from both of the Big Two and every other indie publisher.

When a toy company makes a better movie than DC.

Lego Ninjago is up next

youtube.com/watch?v=sZSYYiATFTI

*BBBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP*
snnnnniiiiiiffffffffffff...oh yes my dear....sssnnnnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiiffffffff....quite pungent indeed...is that....dare I say....sssssssnniff...eggs I smell?......sniff sniff....hmmm...yes...quite so my darling....sniff....quite pungent eggs yes very much so .....ssssssssssssssnnnnnnnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiffffff....ah yes...and also....a hint of....sniff....cheese.....quite wet my dear....sniff...but oh yes...this will do nicely....sniff.....please my dear....another if you please....nice a big now....
*BBBBBBRRRRRRRAAAAAAAPPPPPPPFFFFFFFFLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPFFFFFF*
Oh yes...very good!....very sloppy and wet my dear....hmmmmm...is that a drop of nugget I see on the rim?...hmmmm.....let me.....let me just have a little taste before the sniff my darling.......hmmmmm....hmm..yes....that is a delicate bit of chocolate my dear....ah yes....let me guess...curry for dinner?....oh quite right I am....aren't I?....ok....time for sniff.....sssssnnnnnnniiiiiiiiffffffff.....hmmm...hhhmmmmm I see...yes....yes indeed as well curry......hmmm....that fragrance is quite noticeable....yes.....onion and garlic chutney I take it my dear?.....hmmmmm....yes quite.....
*BBBBBBRRRRRRRRPPPPPPFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTT*
Oh I was not expecting that…that little gust my dear….you caught me off guard…yes…so gentle it was though…hmmmm…let me taste this little one…just one small sniff…..sniff…ah….ssssssnnnnnniiiiiffffffffffff…and yet…so strong…yes…the odor….sniff sniff…hmmm….is that….sniff….hmmm….I can almost taste it my dear…..yes….just…sniff….a little whiff more if you please…..ssssssnnnnnniiiiiffffffffff…ah yes I have it now….yes quite….hhhhmmmm…delectable my dear…..quite exquisite yes…..I dare say…sniff….the most pungent one yet my dear….ssssnnnnniiiifffffffffffffffffffffff….yes….

>When a toy company makes a better movie than DC.
>DC batman lego
>Not a DC film

it was fucking weak compared to the first one

wtf autist

no asses in that picture retard why are you posting this

>yfw DC cancels the live action DC Cinematic Universe and reboots it into a Lego Cinematic Universe

>Does it Again
You mean release another flop?

>people are paying money to watch toys commercial

Idiocracy wasn't supposed to be a documentay.

I thought this was going to make 80 million opening weekend or more? Why did it flop so bad?

>$60M Friday/Sat

$55M, and actuals will probably be lower. Pretty big disappointment desu.

>toy commercials are better than 90% of the big movies these days

what an interesting timeline we live in

Anything can be good and creative if people care about what they doin

>hating marvel for quips
>loving lego batman for quips

We have a problem

>No Australian release date

I look forward to hearing about everyone pirating their movie.

>Ben Child

>loving a family friendly kids movie for quips
>hating a movie with 40-50yo men running around in spandex making puns while they act tough fighting cgi robots even though they are like 5'8 irl

I have no idea what the hell Ninjago is but I want to watch it just because of how good the Lego movies are.

REEEEEEEE

ROTTEN TOMATOES AND BOX OFFICE WAS SUPPOSED TO DEFEND THE DCEU NOT THIS CHILD SHIT

DC haven't made any films and this was done by Warners animation studios. The problem is clearly Snyders edgefest universe

Lego Batman was kino

It made back it's budget in the first weekend and is critically acclaimed. When was the last DC film that actually flopped anyway?

30th march. With how shit Australian internet is they could start downloading it now and it wont be finished until April

BvS is plenty ass enough :^)

>BRICKED

The real test is if it beats The Lego Movie

What.

This wouldn't be a bad idea though

It would be seen as original with it's own twist and not a half-assed marvel copy

I also really like the animation style, it's fluid yet bricky.

>shits all over Marvel shows
>defends Supergirl, Arrow and Flash
Fuck off, those shows are just as mindless and formulaic as Marvel shows. I hate you company wars autists, both companies have pros and cons. Decades from now people will still be talking about Marvel and DC.

Are you 5 years old?

Snyder outside of one-off films was a mistake

Watchmen? Great
300? Great
Anything requiring an arc longer than one film? Shit

Warner Bros. DOES IT.
the end.

John Wick 2 will probably be the best cinematic event of 2017

the year is young, tadpole

No I just prefer good Kino

>mfw you carefully avoided mentioning Spider-Man
He's one of the top 3 biggest superheroes of all time. He's Batman/Superman tier iconic. He won't be forgotten in 50 years.

>not realizing that everything you consume is either a commercial, propaganda, or both.

I bet you actually pay money for stuff, too.

Many movies were toy commercials. Doesn't really matter if the movie was actually based on the toy itself.

Explain Sucker Punch

It may not be the legos that make it good, but it's the legos that make it money

>Asking for an explanation to a film that doesn't exist

I don't get why anybody likes lego movies that aren't children.