A cinematic universe may or may not be in the works. Sony Pictures is considering adapting VII, XIII, and XV

A cinematic universe may or may not be in the works. Sony Pictures is considering adapting VII, XIII, and XV.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yQ_FphhoIVk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

awful idea.

There is already a movie of 7 and XV.

Good luck finding the correct people with the passion and time not to have that $200+ million project blow up in their faces.

>cinematic universe of unrelated stories set in different continuties

ok

These movies are all terrible

Tactics is by far and away the msot capable of the entire bunch. Fuck that noise.

Also IX and XII, but to less of an extent than FFT. I love FFT so very much, I daydreamed as a kid that it had an LOTR-esque trilogy.

they'll take a lot of liberties

never gonna happen

> Sony Pictures

hhaha, hmm...

>XIII
>not VI, Tactics, or IX

XIII's entire existence is shunned. Square-Enix even distanced XV and Type-0 from it.

Advent Children was shitty with good looking battle scenes.

>Sony Pictures
Just end it already.

>XIII

underrated gem desu. Only a true pleb would criticize it.

I only played XIII and thought it sucked.

I heard XIII-2 and XIII-3 were better though. That true?

I sort of agree. The world pre-lightning returns has a fucking of cool lore and ideas. It was conveyed to the player terribly tho.

>XIII's entire existence is shunned.

>2 direct sequels
>Lightning is the entire company's fucking waifu.

I hate XIII as much as any other faggot, but that shit is lit in Japan. Just took a little backseat for XV for the time being.

Fuckton*

Final Fantasy VII would need to be a pentology for the plot to make sense. There are hours upon hours of cutscenes spread out across three disks. Do you remember how long some boss battles drag on for?

The lore seemed absolutely neat. The thing is, as you mentioned, it was conveyed poorly. And if you wanted to even have a basic grasp, you'd have to read through the codex for everything, even basic plot points not related to DEEP LORE. The lore all got thrown out even before Lightning Returns, there was so much they could expand upon with the original lore in XIII-2, but they just went with time travel and other stupid shit.

>or IX
You know that will never happen.

If they are as good looking as the last ff movie bring it on.

>XIII
fucking why

it doesn't even have a story

They should adapt XIV so I can see real life Alphinaud boypussy

So was FFXV any good or no?

Yeh.

They already have a XV movie. Don't tell me they're making a live action, that would be the most retarded looking movie ever.

Why do they keep doing this, trying to condense 40 hours of story into a 90 minute block and expecting it to have the same effect

>long boss battles

that's irrelevant, they're not going to stop for boss fights in a tv show or movie.

but no it wouldn't work as a movie, even condensed you'd need like a 12 episode netflix series to cover it

Don't need live action when you can do this in CG.

>XIII

Cant wait to see how they try to explain the 20 different terms that have "cie" in them to normies.

You can find it good if you never played any jrpg before.

I've played countless JRPGs and ever FF and it was good.

So I don't go on ;v; anymore for obvious reasons, so let me ask the Sup Forumsermins here, when is Monster Hunter coming out for PC ?

Never EVER PCuck

I really don't care about you or your opinion.

Based Sony.

You care enough to let the guy know you don't care.

Know your place plebian, under my feet

Oh wow mindblown
You aren't white right?

How's that LoL and DOTA doin' for you? PCuck?

objectively the best FF game since 10

people are still pissed about ff 'spirits within'
sony's been trying to damage control ever since

Never played either

Since 7 actually.

breh

youtube.com/watch?v=yQ_FphhoIVk

Then what are you playing on your Personal Computer?

Kino

I was being generous, I like 10 and 9, though they're not near the same level as 7.

Lost Odyssey was the game FF12 should have been, instead 12 was he game that made me drop the series.

No. It's not really bad, it's not broken, it looks nice. There is just nothing good about it. They took 10 years to put out something on the same level as PS2 Kingdom Hearts

A plebian wouldn't understand

>Sony pulling anything off

IX is the best game in the series though

Sounds great to me, I love Kingdom Hearts gameplay-wise.

Not a cinematic universe from what I've heard, but TV shows, like a counter to Game of Thrones. Sony was waiting to see the performance of XV, since it sold pretty well, talks are happening again. If it does go forward, XV will be adapted first.

>There is just nothing good about it
There is a lot good about it from music, banter, visuals, animation etc.

If you're a child.

Sony killed Squaresoft with Spirit Within. They'll finish the job with Square-Enix and the next movie.

>some twink stopping you to ask the same questions about pictures when you are in the middle of something is good banter

It's OK you haven't played it.

The Final Fantasy story is a complete clusterfuck. With all the spinoffs and the sequels that are actually direct sequels to specific entries instead of the usual soft reboot with each entry, and all the recurring characters that are the same but aren't the same.

My favorite is actually probably III (the remake) because the story was straightforward, the job system was nice, and active time battles suck.

the official power ranking is

FF7=FF9=Skies of Arcadia
Lost Odyssey
Dragon Quest 8

then who gives a fuck

Is it coming out for PC?

After all the DLC so in about a years time most likely.

my bad, forgot about suikoden 2 and 5, they're top tier.

When they'll reach their sales goal number on consoles.

I believe in early 2018 o rlate 2017, I can't remember exactly how long they were going to wait for the PC release, but I think it was like 1 1/2 to 2 years or something.

They already broke even on day 1, everything they've made since then is all profit.

>It's OK
I said it looked good and wasn't broken, isn't that OK? It's a boring story, made worse by being way too easy, with dumb task like fishing and photography dumped in.

>Scarlett Johansson as Lightning

pls no

III was grindy as fuck but no game has done the class system better except maybe 5. I never had a playstation growing up but I have no desire to go back and play what I missed. Early 3D games are unbearably hideous, and the stories are so cringy.

>adapting Final Fantasy XIII
Sony is even dumber than I imagined. That game received massive backlash when it came out and to this day is extremely divisive. If they're gonna adapt FF games they should adapt universally loved ones like VII and VI.

>universally loved FF's
there aren't any.

Not like they're actually going to adapt the game's story. They just use the characters, Lightning is one of the most iconic FF characters so it makes sense.

Lol, sure fanboy

So did you you buy XV? Because if they go bankrupt we won't get any movie, we won't even get a new game

It was confirmed by SE themselves, their financial report from a few days ago even specifically cited XV as having profited in their console sector. And the director of the game said in an interview last week that the game broke even on day 1 and has been profiting since.

>my rat waifu on the big screen
9 will never be a movie no matter how much i want it, and if it ever did, it would be accused of being furry shit

Of course there is, the user you just replied mentioned them