What is the best trilogy of all time?

What is the best trilogy of all time?

Surprisingly accurate. I must say that the first Matrix film is actually much better than most of these films, so the sequels had much higher expectations.

I think the X-men prequel trilogy was quite decent and consistently good.

>LotR
>Not all 10/10s apart from FotR which was 11/10

>Star wars 3 that high

No

>Star Wars
>Better than LotR

>Jaws
>Matrix
>JP
Why even include those?

>Jurassic Park that low
triggered

>jaws, mad max and indiana jones higher than lord of the rings

>No Rocky 1,2,3

Whoever made this fucked up Jaws and Back to the Future.

>Mad Max 3 better than 1

Uh no

>Lotr rated lower than all this shit

I would beat the shit out of you if I ever knew who you were.

The main Star Trek "trilogy" are movies 2-4.

>acknowledging any of the garbage Rocky sequels
DUDE MONTAGES AND SLOMO LMAO

The before trilogy

Add the Nolan Batmans. Ratings 7, 10, and 6

According to this guy, all the Indy movies (except the fourth, I guess) are better than the LoTR ones.

I do not know how anyone could think Return of the King is as good as the first two.

>garbage Rocky sequels

Aside from 5 they're all good though

>No Faith Trilogy
>No Three Colours
>No Before Trilogy
>No Human Condition

What kind of shit list is this?

Toy Story

>What is the best trilogy of all time?
Alien - Aliens - Ali3n

They are better movies dude

>Temple of doom higher than the last crusade

Triggers me every time

>Mad Max 1 that low
>Mad Max 3 tat high
>BttF 2 and 3 that low
>Spiderman 1 that low
>X-Men 2 that high

FotR isn't 11/10. It's almost the worst one, most dated and campy one.

Get out of this board.

Wow, that's perfect.

>star wars better than lotr
you just know a fat cuck done this image

>The Matrix rated higher than Jurassic Park

i think all the back to the futures were all equally good. Also Lord of the rings

lars von teeter totter's depression trilogy

>all the faggot stuff in the beginning of fotr
>all the tree shit in ttt
>all the false endings in rotk
>10/10

>Fake endings
>Giving a movie a real conclusion where all ends are rapped up is "fake"

Mad Max 1 was garbage tier.

>temple of doom that high
>temple of doom over the last crusade

>all those endings
>being this much of a faggot
did you watch them without looking at your phone?

underage confirmed

Mad Max
>full
>full
>very low

Back To The Future
>high
>high
>middle

Too low for begins, too high for TDKR. You could also make an argument for TDK being a 9.

This has been asked and answered numerous times before. Objectively, the best film trilogy is Antonioni's malaise trilogy.

I really like temple of doom. It was original and felt new, not like last crusade.
That being said, ark is the best one by far.

where the fuck were these diehard Star Wars fans between 1983 and 2015?

Why is everyone religious about Star Wars yet I didn't hear a single word from any of them about it besides complaining about the prequels? And why are most of them around 30?

Being a nerd wasn't cool until 2007 and they won't watch it because of how old it was. The prequels are the only Star Wars they know of, unfortunately.

>Attack of the Clones higher than Revenge of the Sith
Yep, that's a shit list.

Iam pretty sure this is meant to be episode 4,5 and 6 with empire being the highest.

Ah haw hee haw hee haw

LOTR absolutely smashes every other franchise on that list. Every film is a 10/10.

I don't get how people even put it on close to equal footing as the other two. I can't watch it. One and three are solid 9s. Temple of Doom is a 2.

Yeah it's pretty strange. I don't remember anyone giving this much of a shit about the prequels except for the true star wars fans. Now even girls are pretending to like it

Godfather
>Nearly full
>Nearly full
>A completely blank canvas of white

more like
>complete full
>breaking the chart
>shimmer of blue on the bottom for effort

>Temple of Doom
>As good as the third
>not a giant shitfest

Undisputable

But that's wrong. LOTR is the best of all these, all three movies were best picture nominees.

Blade
> 7/10
> 8/10
> 3/10

Why even put Jaws on here? No sane person ever watches 2, 3, or Revenge on purpose, they're all absolute garbage not even worth mentioning. Like I'd actually rather watch Matrix Reloaded and Revolutions four times each than watch any of the Jaws sequels.

>not including the Dollars trilogy

o i am laffin

Dollars is shit though

>giving a shit what the "Academy" thinks

No TDK as well. one freaking job

I will never understand why people like Temple of Doom. It's crap.

Temple was darker, not worse.

>Toy Story 3 the best

NO

>mad max 3
>that high
>matrix 2 and 3
>that low
nah

There is a third Gremlins movie?!?!

>WW3

nn4t
uy 6yy6 he y tu 6 tu. GT m 6G6 t HTC UT UT UY 66hhhyhy6y666ytT he hth teyyrhm muy 66 uy nthytththh5 h tu uyy y tu tu tu he tu utilizado uy y6h muy trabajo tu 6 TT y utilizar tu6yy h y ngrrye6 NY nu muy uyny muy RT NY NY y 6 uy 6y utilidad hhyj uy6 uy 6 TT te uy uy uy ty te t66yhu uy yyy TT y tu y tu y tu 66 tu hyhy vertu uy y y GT y te66y hey he 66 he 6 tu yheyy6 y he6 JT y utilizar tu uy j uy urge he

>whynotboth.jpg

I genuinely think it's a mess. It just isn't fun to watch and the adventurous feeling just isn't there. Short Round and Generic Bimbo are actually annoying to watch. If you liked it, I'm not gonna tell you you're wrong. But personally, I love 1 and 3 and can't stand Temple.

IMO, it has the best tone, best lighting, pacing, atmosphere. The pacing is incredible. Sometimes in Raiders it dragged for moments too long. Crusade used to be my favorite, but rewatching it, it had a few pacing issues.

Temple of Doom is IMO my favorite.

Oh my god who gives a shit about ticket sales. I have an autistic faggot friend that always does this.

>Hey Movie X is pretty good.
>Yeah but it only made X dollars at the box office.
>Oh shit, okay I guess I don't like it any more.

Or even the opposite. Fucking kill me.

Yes, disputable. See:

>Ghostbusters 3
>Any color
The color should be fucking negative

nice

>the joke
>your head

This chart was made years ago.

Star Wars is still rated far too high

5 is the best one

give a few more years and it will be john wick

>it dragged for moments too long
>it had a few pacing issues

Pacing is such a fucking meme on this board.

>I'd actually rather watch Matrix Reloaded and Revolutions four times each than watch any of the Jaws sequels.

Good for you, I guess, Watching a shitty Jaws movie have a hundred times more fun I'd ever had out of the Matrix ones.

>giving TDKR anything but a 4

>Most badass bounty hunter defeated by a blind guy bumping into him.
>Most powerful Sith lord defeated by being picked up and tossed into a pit.
>Flagship of the Imperial fleet destroyed by A Wings
>Imperial fleet gives up for no reason
>An entire legion of Palpatine's best troops defeated by teddy bears with rocks.

Seriously fuck Return of the Jedi

star wars and lotr are all shit.

>rating the post-credit scenes

>all the faggot stuff in the beginning of fotr
wtf if was comfy as fuck and a perfect setup for a big adventure

Bourne trilogy

toy story

wait people unironically like jaws?

>48 hours
>Caddyshack
>Short Circuit
>Grease
>Weekend at Bernie's
>God's Must be Crazy

>these movies have sequels

What's going on here?

Godfather III. The 3rd was a lot worse but it was still an interesting and unique movie, and the first two are undeniable 10/10s. Besides, there are really no other trilogies that even come close unless you play it loose with the trilogy label like rossellini's "neorealist" trilogy

The first movie is 10/10 ultimate comfy action-suspense film thing

I honestly hate Spielberg most of the time but Jaws is outstanding. Also War of the Worlds is severely underrated

Have you watched it as an adult? No joke, it's my favorite movie of all time, not for the shitty horror scenes but for the interaction of the three characters on the boat, the great score, and the fun dialogue. Quint's USS Indianapolis story is just a great scene, and it's one among many. The scene with Brody's son copying him at the dinner table is another favorite. I'm not a movie critic but the answer to your question is yes. I unironically fucking love that movie.

is the dollars trilogy the only trilogy to have progressively better movies?

Except it didn't?

>#aprilfools at the bottom
People here are dumb

the shitty sequels and millions of rip-offs tainted it, but it's still a great character study that happens to be tons of fun to watch

not even close to the horror flick it's perceived in pop-culture, but a comfy hangout adventure flick with superb acting and music (beyond the meme theme is some of williams' most memorable work), basically blockbuster done right

>character study

I used to say this exact same phrase when talking about it but I started feeling a little pretentious so I stopped. But I guess I wasn't wrong in the first place.