Why did the Czech word "robota" (to do work without payment) spreaded to every language meaning an artificial automaton...

Why did the Czech word "robota" (to do work without payment) spreaded to every language meaning an artificial automaton that does work?

Well, rabota means work without payment in my language too, so we should have called it rabotnik instead.

robota doesnt mean work without payment in czech, it means work

Oh, it Slovene, rabota means strictly unpaid work for the feudal lord as a part of the peasant's feudal duties, which is why it's gone out of use.

Just coincidence.

The word was invented by Czech writer Karel Capek. Ask him.

it was same during feudal times but words change meaning

Rabota is the usual word for "work/job" in Russian.

I'd love to see Serbian showing up in this thread.

Isn't it práce? Slovaks say robota, and robit', Czechs say práce, and delat'

IIRC robota is a historical word in Czech, meaning something alones the lines of feudal labor

arigato gozaimasu

we both use both

German "Arbeit" and Slavic "robota" are basically same word.

To avoid harmful collusions with Russia as a Slavic country, from no one, Americans should say Arbeiter instead of Robots.

I don't think so, can a Czech chime in?

i dont care what you think you retarded muslim

i lived in czechia my posting here

Robota is feudal serf work only. Work is práce.

t. pr*ha

Maybe the current usage was popularised by scifi writers?

Highlands, you retarded čobol. We never use robota in any other meaning than Corvée.

In Serbian/Croatian, we used to use the word rabota as well. Idk what changed, we say "raditi" now (that's the infinitive).

MY
MOON
WHO?

to answer the question
robota (or serbian rabota) isn't a verb, it's a noun. Rabota meant any kind of feudal work for which the "rab" (the worker) got protection from the feudal lord.

I, too, am looking forward to the new DLC