I finished reading the first book and it was pretty good...

I finished reading the first book and it was pretty good. Before wasting time reading the rest I want to know if it turns into feminist propaganda later on.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/3xSeUl66rXM?t=126
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Nah, the books are nothing like this last season of the T.V. show with all of it's "STRONK WYMYNS!".

Do you want to slit your wrists when you get to a Dany chapter? If not you will after three more books of her being an irrelevant unlikable cunt.

Gotta admit though, Arya's scene was pretty unexpected and was my favorite part of the last episode.

Also, Sam should die.

No.

In fact its refreshing how well written the women are, they act in such a believable way we all knew they would change in the kike produced show.

Nope, on the books Dany is dying from drinking tainted water and literally shitting all over herself.

No.

The show is like a teen skimmed the Coles notes version of asoiaf and wrote a book report last minute.

I haven't watched much of the show yet. I heard now they're just making up stuff that isn't in the book. How that works? Are the next books going to be based on the show?

they're great.

none of the women are all that good at anything, in keeping with the theme of the book where everyone is basically awful.

cersei is a megalomaniac
brienne is a good fighter, but kinda a dumb bumpkin, and not as good as she's talked up at first.
margaery is just a dumb broad who doesn't do much.
sansa is literally retarded all the time
margaery's grandmother is pretty bad ass.
dany does her best, and you kinda want to like her, but she always ends up failing and pouting cause she can't actually politik or make hard choices.
the sand snakes are emotional retarded violent whores.

the only good women are arya who never actually does anything, and the hillbilly chicks in the north.

the books are so much better. i stopped watching the show when joffrey died.

first 3 are fucking based

Just because it came out of no where doesn't make it good

It doesn't. D&D are jews, and are jewing up as much as they can.

2 is meh, but 3 is great apparently.

I think Sup Forums exaggerates the feminist shit in GoT. Yea more men are gonna die, they're the ones going to war and in control of power. Might as well try to make the females interesting..

All of the characters who are noble and/or pull the strings are all mainly men.

Read the first three then stop. You don't need to read any more past that. Make up your own ending, it'll be better than whatever GRRM has planned (most likely Dany crosses the narrow sea and saves Westeros from the zombie horde with her dragons before being crowned queen).

Only the show is feminist propaganda.
Dany is show to be an ineffective cunt, Arya is interesting, cersi runs the kingdom into the ground, and Sansa betrays everyone she should have been loyal to.

Queen of thrones is still a beast though but unless you're a retard you won't have any problems with that.

here's how the iron islands storyline goes in book 4:

Yara: "I want to be the Queen of the Iron Islands!"

Aeron Damphair: "You can't. You're a woman."

Yara: "Well, fuck."

GRRM has the whole story outlined, and he showed the guys making the show the outline.

when they outpaced the books they said "you know, your ideas are too realistic and gritty, and people are butthurt cause someone actually got raped in a grimdark fantasy. so we're changing everything" and GRRM was just like "whatever, gimmie my money."

The book is pretty good, the tv show is feminist propaganda

all the strunk womyn always smirk when they do badass things you know? because that's how strunk people totally act

Unfortunately it does.
The greatness of feminism is one of the core themes of game of thrones and is one of its most ham fisted points. It's repeatedly expressed that women are the victims of war and never the perpetrators all while trying to force STRONK WYMYN like Brienne who is literally rape stabbing men who think they're better than her and taking pleasure in it.

>I haven't watched much of the show yet
Don't watch it, at all. It's shit.
>How that works?
What happens when any adaptation catches up to the source material?

>Euron: Hear my guy blow my horn
*Horn noises
>Euron: Now suck my dick
*Everyone sucks his dick

why waste time on this crap when you can read a real book and learn something?

Sunset found her squatting in the grass, groaning. Every stool was looser than the one before, and smelled fouler. By the time the moon came up she was shitting brown water. The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew, and her thirst sent her crawling to the stream to suck up more water.

Remember when books were just books and not everything had a political spin on things?

the tv show isnt feminist either

its just that you insist on seeing gender politics in everything

I've been wondering this too actually. I really liked the first book but I don't to get invested in the world if it is just going to turn into a feminist crusade later on.

> How that works? Are the next books going to be based on the show?

Pretty much the show is total different. Since then end of season 5 they have been really fucking shit up.

GRRM promised his editors to finish the manuscript for WoW twice before he realized he wasn't going to finish before the season this year. He has no one to blame but himself, considering he wrote SoS, his best book, less then 4 years.

ITS BEEN 5 YEARS SINCE DwD.

>the only sense of normalcy in this shitty show should die
Kill yourself. Aryas scene was awful, made her look entirely insane

No, because it has always been like that. Even Shakespeare's plays were political.

>ITS BEEN 5 YEARS SINCE DwD.

she's basically an anime character level now, can't fucking stand to watch scenes with her anymore

Is much as I'd like to give it the benefit of the doubt, the show is going full retard.

That includes the "STRUNK WOMYN!", which sucks because the good female characters that translate from the book to the show like say Brienne and Asha(Yara) get unfairly lumped into the feminist brigade.

It doesn't but it does.

Basically every woman in the series is a retarded cunt, including Dany, but the show got popular and GRRM doesn't have the balls to go through with the reveal that Dany is a nutcase and that the actual heir is Jon.

In all likelihood the last books, assuming they ever come out, at going to go full GRRRL POWAH :DDDD

Seriously, the TV show fans would be sick of the books

In the first one, I think, there's the story in the bar about the guy and his followers rape the bar owner's daughter, then give him gold and basically ask for change.

That's pretty accurate.

I will say that the Victarion plot line should have stayed in the show so the iron islands make sense.

>Victarion plot line
>so the iron islands make sense.
explain?

This.

And I hate how everyone has a plot teleporter now too.

They could've just slowed things down, DONE HURON RIGHT, and had a show that was all around better and lasted longer. IDFK how they plan on doing the last two seasons with 7 episodes each.

Agreed.

Ironically she "teleporting" is the most believable of the season as Bravos is actually pretty close to the Twins geographically.

But holy fuck there was so much wrong with that scene.

> Somehow Arya can use faces still
> Having the time to kill multiply people, cut them up, and put them into meat pies
> Not getting caught killing multiply people, cutting them up, and putting them into meat pies
> Conveniently Walder is alone
> Conveniently no one walks in while Walder is being murdered
> She killed without any trouble or effort what so ever

It was LOOK HOW BAD ASS ARYA IS GUYS!, scene.

Euron*

fuckin 40k an sheeit

there was a lot of plot teleportation in season 6.

Littlefinger magically arrived in the area just south of the Wall to deliver some feminist fan service. Despite the fact that the Boltons had that area under grips

She finished training as a faceless man you dipshit, sorry it wasn't a huge amount of training, but she took faces with her.

no tits.

not bad in the leg department however.

GoT show-wise can be utterly redeemed if GRRM pulls a fast one and has Cersei end up as the winner with Dany utterly defeated and the Sand Sneks executed.

He was all about destroying tropes anyways.

As for OP - the books are largely better. Dany fucks up tremendously in Meereen and actually suffers consequences. Also far more characters (Victarion, Dornish Princes, DARKSTAR)

That wasn't his toe, dude.

John Snow is about the only major male character who's still alive. All the others are dead or relegated to supporting roles.

And they made John look like an idiot so Sansa could ride in and save the day (ironically making Sansa look like a complete cunt in the process).

The incompetence of the writers director really ruined the Battle of the Bastards for me. It would have been so easy to tweak it so that it works, but they clearly spent most of their time worrying more about setting up their one-take shot (because for some reason directors think this makes them look skilled) than they spent thinking about what was actually happening.

I tried reading the first one and the writing was so thick that I couldn't get past page 30. I'm not if I'm just retarded or if Martin likes his writing like Blacks like their women.

In the books, a faceless man kills balon after euron pays them with a dragons egg.

The Kingsmoot starts, Asha, damphair, and a couple other people view for the throne, as well as victarion (balon's brother.)

Euron shows up in a ship called "silence" because he cut the tongues out of all the crew. Victarion makes a good claim to the throne, and it looks like he'll win, until Euron has one of the muted blow a giant dragon horn. It glows or some shit, and lights the mute on fire.

Everyone freaks out and pledges to Euron, and Victarion is too loyal to the iron islands to defect. Euron tells victarion that he needs to raid the coasts of westerns and steal as many ships as he can, then do the same all the way to essos.

Then he's supposed to offer the ships to Dany in marriage.

However, Euron raped victarion's wife, and when he found out, victarion beat her to death. That's why Euron was exiled.

Tl;dr gruesome rivalry shit, and they don't have to spend a season building boats or chasing that bitch yara.

Yeah, the queen or thorns ain't bad for an old gal.

My favorite part of hte books is where Sandor Clegane rapes a girl and then takes her Father 20 silver pieces but asks for change because he didn't she was worth the full amount

Euron returns
Balon dies
Kingsmoot is between 3 people - Euron, Yara (Asha) and Victarion
Euron wins
The Greyjoys do a couple raids
Euron decides to marry Dany
Euron's fleet are heading towards Slaver's Bay
Euron gives Victarion a horn called Dragonbinder that kills those who blow it
Victarion leaves with some fleet to warn Dany
Theon is captured by Stannis who intends to execute him at some point
Asha is captured by Stannis and reunited with Theon

None of this lesbian Greyjoy shit - in fact we know Asha fucks guys
None of this hurr women should rule shit
None of this lets go kill my uncles shit
None of the Greyjoys have met Dany yet
Dany has no ships other than those of the Stormcrows

There's still at least two books to go, so there's time. GRRM is a bit of a faggot, and probably as far left as Orson Scott Card is far right.

Also /lit/ has a good wiki with plenty of recommended reading that is better than ASOIAF.

>The Iron Throne has roundly rejected prior restraint.

He's been setting her up to lose from the beginning. It all goes back to what Barristan quoted Danaeris, "Among your line, Greatness and Madness are two sides of the same coin". Danaerys is nuts, she's completely cuckoo. She was headed straight for ending up dead up until the show got popular.

Lady Sansa I'm Small Council

Looks like the bots are getting more intelligent. This one waited just under 10 minutes to bump it's own thread, and try to shield itself from the truth of (((One post by this id)))

oh. okay.

I'm not sure how that makes more sense (apart from the bit about stealing ships instead of building them)

> She finished training as a faceless man
> she took faces with her

No.

That's the part I was getting at, plus, the fucked up sibling shit is more entertaining than dickless Dave and his sister girl powering everywhere.

Jesus Christ this show sounds horrible. Just wait for The Wheel of Time to be produced and hopefully it won't blow fucking chunks like this show

I hated that scene and her overall arc this season

I think it's realistic to think she can kill well enough, and that she can take faces.

There's no way she did all that shit and had time to bake a pie though.

Not even the original faceless man was that good. He just threw people off of balconies or slit their throats.

*teleports behind you*

Does Theon lose his BIG COCK in the books?

why was the season finale so shit compared to the 2nd last episode? why is this allowed?

firstly, let's remember that the pie thing was a direct reference to the story Sam told back in season three (or four?) about the guy who invited a bunch of guy to a party and served him his sons in a pie - and was punished not for the cannibalism, but because he'd murdered a guest.

secondly, there's no "teleporting". Obviously weeks or months pass between episodes for some characters, while days pass for others. They don't sync up and never have. (DO you really think it took Sam a whole year to get to Oldtown?)

One if the interesting things about GoT is that it leaves you guessing about what exactly is magic, and what's merely slight of hand. For all we know, there isn't actually any magic to the faces, they're just the faces of dead people that have been turned into masks through mundane means (i.e. cutting them off, sticking them in a preservative and attaching them to a cloth and wire backing to keep the shape). Or they're somewhat magical. Either way, Arya was responsible for preparing the dead and removing the faces, so she knows at least how to make the masks even if she might not have finished all her training.

If he hauled ass, maybe.

Never explicit, only implied

nah m8 it's feminist garbage now

WOMYN STRONK

She's got a nice body, shame about the face though. I'd still fug her, just gotta pretend I'm a Brit.

TV and film really are terrible mediums for storytelling. There's no room for patience so they can't really explore things like motivation in any real depth.

It never goes full feminist, and unlike a lot of people I really like all five books. Every POV character doesn't really know what's fully going on and fucks up a ton, so it doesn't really have a way to make some sort propaganda about women being the greatest. The plot bends to protect cripples bastards and broken things but doesn't portray them as people who do no wrong.
Most likely, but I don't think it's excplictly confirmed in book but hinted at. Theon probably has bastard somewhere though

Every fucking faction have a fucking woman as their leaders! in a medieval setting..

>all the strunk womyn always smirk when they do badass things you know?

>Sansa being badass

She's a fucking moron and at first put down Littlefinger's offer for the Vale forces to march on Winterfell. Then at the very last minute knowing her retarded emotions will get them all killed, she finally makes a desperate plea to him. All of this being so late in the game where Jon's wildling army is almost destroyed and Rickon is murdered.

Fuck this show, fuck the past 3 seasons. They ruined the source material that its loosely adapted from. I can't believe people watch this rancid vomit.

Also watch Preston's reviews of this shitty episodes.
youtu.be/3xSeUl66rXM?t=126

We get to have a teleporting Varys to Meereen in the show, but having Euron be Daario would be to ridiculous. Instead we get the worst cast Euron ever

there is no feminist brigade, feminism is not a thing in westeros

nah you're just spending too much time in rage threads or something

that isn't even true, although five out of nine great houses do have female leaders

>tfw you realize the Sparrows did literally nothing wrong.
>tfw you realize you'll never join the Faith Militant.

It's a bad feel.

or maybe he didnt teleport and a lot of time just fucking passed between those scenes

> Rat Cook
Maybe, but it's probably a reference to the Manderlys cooking three Freys into pies from the books. It still makes Arya look like an omnipotent killer.

> there's no "teleporting"
It feels complete unnatural. It's established that event happen in chronological order in the show. That's why we don't learn about the the Red wedding from the small council . We see the small council reaction to the red wedding.

GRRM is actually very subtle in his "feminism".

Dany leads an army of castrated men, and is a bossy psycho bitch.

Arianne leads the most stupid and suicidal rebellion ever, over crowning an heiress instead of the heir. Her liberated mind is portrayed as stupid.

Brienne's stabbing of people while searching for Sansa is full of hidden sexual pleasure analogies in it.

-> Women's mentality are much more accuretely represented in the books, nothing at all like the show.

Though the overall message of the books, and other works of the author, amidst all the bloodshed, may be a bit too (((Hippy-pacifist))) and has some (((Commie))) influence.

I'm pretty sure that the writers started off by the idea of the knights of the Vale riding in to save the day at the last minute, a la Gandalf and Eomer at Helm's Deep, and then worked backwards from there, arranging everything to fit that no matter how retarded it made all the characters look in the process.

Women leaders wouldn't be so bad in the show if by contrast they didn't make pretty much every male character they interact with look like either a limp wristed faggot or pants on head retarded.

One thing that really annoys me about the show is that Jon Snow and thousands of other mend have witnessed the walking dead and it's like they just don't give a fuck. They'll mention it occasionally but they don't seem to be preparing for it at all. In the books Jon is at least trying to rebuild and reinforce and repopulate the old forts along the wall. In the show they're not even worried about gathering food.

> wheel of time
> full of braid-tugging, useless princesses and sorceresses

A WoT series will make GoT look like male chauvinist propaganda

Wtf are you talking about. They are "strong" sure. They killed all the good men. Or banished them. And are literally destroying everything in front of them. Even Sansa is gonna start undermining Jon snow.

They're being portrayed as civilization destroyers

They're hardly being presented as saviors. Except maybe daenarys, but she is presented that way in the books too.

>wasting your time reading fantasy books

Nope it's pretty based

you don't get it do you? it's about not letting women in power. i hope got season 7 pulls off a witch hunt where everyone burns the female leaders over accusation of partaking in witchcraft. imagine how that would piss off the SJW's.

>Fat man gets rich off his work as a few Jews take it and make a tv show that is loosely adapted from it

>Fat man decides to go on cruises and around the world to eat constantly at buffets and then write it on his blog

>Fat man forgets his deadlines and just wastes it away not giving a shit

Sounds like Gabe Newell. Fat fucks get enough money for unlimited food and that's what they spend it on.

> no feminist brigade

Yes there is.The show exists in our world in which writers, critics. and fans project things onto the show. One of those thing is the contemporary feminist overtone.

It doesn't make the show inherently bad, but you can't pretend it's not there.

they only have to happen in chronological order when each arc interacts with the other. Apart from that, they proceed at their own pace. Why do you think they left Bran out for a whole season? Because his arc had progressed so quickly that he was a full season ahead of everybody else at one point.

Jesus christ have they ever wrote a story before?

Get what?

If they make a Wheel of Time series it will turn out nauseatingly bad, I guarantee it

And it will probably end up being a shit production like that Seeker of Truth garbage

That annoys the shit out of me the most. If I not only caught a glimpse of satan and demonic hordes but had a stare down with him I would mention every second of every day. When you literally have the biggest horror story in your civilization confirmed to be happening, you don't carry on essentially the same.
Also did anybody lose their shit when they took Dorans line and gave it to the sneks and Varys

Dont forget the whores.

God knows he's knack deep in his own private slavers bay.

At least he isn't on coke, cause he's be dead.

I realized this just before the High Sparrow got vaporized, after I'd been rooting against them for some time. Feels badman

I haven't read the books but the show has turned into feminist propaganda.

A bunch of feminists complained about the tv series being misogynistic so when the writers caught up with the book they made up some shit to appease them.

Such as all the female characters becoming bad-asses and super intelligent (no more dopey whores left in westeros apparently) while the male characters are left completely befuddled by their brilliance and cunning.

>One thing that really annoys me about the show is that Jon Snow and thousands of other mend have witnessed the walking dead and it's like they just don't give a fuck.

Jon Snow doesn't give a fuck about much. Last episode they don't even mourn Rickon. He dies and he's forgotten. The writers wrote Rickon off since they didn't develop his character.

>Feminist propaganda

So actual strong women leaders like the British queens, Margret thatcher, and all other rulers who just happen to be female are part of the feminist movement that didn't happen until recently?

Seriously, Dany is ruthless, strongarmed, war hungry, and conservative. But because shes a women is propaganda?

Its middle age shit, just because the actors are SJWs offscreen doesn't change that the show mirrors the medieval shit that used to go on in europe regardless of how you perceive it now with the tinted lens of "SJW BOOEYMAN!"

Just enjoy an ok-to-mediocre story with very good production value for what its worth. Don't try and make everything out to be some political statement.

The women in got are literally destroying the world. They aren't being portrayed as strong leaders. They think of themselves as such but the show is really not painting them in a good light at all. In fact it's painting them all as completely batshit insane