Acclaimed but forgettable films

Acclaimed but forgettable films.

See: pretty much every Best Picture winner

Any movie based in the middle east or Africa

Not EVERY Best Picture winner, user. Lawrence of Arabia, The Bridge on the River Kwai, The Silence of the Lambs, No Country for Old Men, The Godfather, The Godfather Part II, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, Rocky, American Beauty and The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King are all great, memorable films.

>Any movie based in the middle east or Africa
Has anyone even thought about this in the last month or so?

Most Oscar bait films. Most of the films in this pic received great reviews.

Almost all plebshit and only memorable because they are on tv every year.

If they decided to show Argo on tv every year for 25 years it would become memorable too.

Obviously there are going to be exceptions. I still stand by what I said that most Best Picture winners end up being forgettable

Name some films that should've won best picture.

Off the top of my head, Apocalypse Now should have won over Kramer vs Kramer

The pianist is the only film that was memorable to me

The Wrestler should have won (or at the very least been nominated) over Slumdog Millionaire. What an absolute garbage flick.

Wolf of Wall Street

True grit (2010) should've have won every category it was nominated for
Its fucking bullshit that kings speech took best picture
I quit watching the oscars after that

I wouldnt call 12 years a slave forgettable

You're all correct but I just wanted a reply from the user who thinks " Lawrence of Arabia, The Bridge on the River Kwai, The Silence of the Lambs, No Country for Old Men, The Godfather, The Godfather Part II, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, Rocky, American Beauty and The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King" are "plebshit". I'm aware the academy usually fucks up when it comes to best picture.

Mad Max: Fury Road

>literal pleb filter and being discussed daily even here.
Get out.

>It's oscarbait so it's bad

I actually referenced this movie last night while talking about ugly ginger women in Hollywood with my mate. We were watching Nocturnal Animals.

Almost all of those films became instantly iconic and were widely loved by critics and audiences long before they got re-ran on TV.

Max Mad Angry Street
Batman Beings
TDK
TDKR

Assassination of Jesse James should have won in 07.

At least No Country for Old Men is actually a decent flick instead of shitty oscar bait though.

Every oscar winner from the last 20 years.
Prove me wrong.

>pleb filter
>being discussed daily here

You don't know what you're talking about. Argo was a fairly standard Oscar bait flick that didn't have any sort of impact on pop culture or cinema, a bunch of the movies listed became pillars of pop culture and cinema while they were still in theaters.

>I can't tell the difference between being not memorable and bad

>having shitty memory
>blaming it on movies
Lmao you mongoloid plebs

>No Country for Old Men
>The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
>American Beauty

12 years a slave was definitely not a forgettable movie.

>What it takes to be oscar bait:
>step 1: be a standard drama. Slightly experimental/innovative films like The Lobster need not apply
>step 2: either something historical (bonus points of biopic), or something contemporary but nostalgic
>step 3: pretend to touch upon a currently sensitive topic while not being controversial at all

You nailed it.

I liked boyhood a lot and not for the whole filming across many years thing

fuck this movie

legit one of the most boring pieces of shit ever watched

Saving private Ryan and Munich. I still get mad.

I still don't get why people like this movie so much. Outside of Chastain s fine self this movie is garbage.

people who like stuff like the west wing like it

All I remember is CZJ taking the stakeout officers lemonade

Go watch capeshit movie was interesting.

RotK only won to celebrate the trilogy, it's not even the best of the series

forgot pic

>Argo - americans save themselves and everyone else is so dumb

i hate how historically inaccurate this moovee is

Found the Catholic pedos.

Ah, go fuck yourself.

your a dorable

Milk

I haven't thought about 2001 in the last month either but it's the best fucking movie in history. How often you think about a movie doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things