twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

UK office: Sup Forums
US Office: reddit

US office: reddit
UK office: reddit

us office is big bang theory tier

I've never seen the UK version but I presume it sucks based off the facts that
I. It only lasted 2 seasons
II. It is created by, written by, directed by, and stars the absolutely unfunny hack Ricky Gervais
III. Shitty, retarded people on shitty places like reddit and tumblr always talk about how it's better.

ITT: newfags pretend the office is a reddit show even though when it was first airing it was well received

Uk office is much better
the best seasons of US are the ones where they used the same script as the uk series.

Makes you think

Its not a fair comparison. The UK office is edgy as hell and really anti - tv, nihilist. The US one is just entertainment.

fair
both suck

US office is better.

UK one is far too subtle, cringe worthy and realistic for American's to understand.

US Office is one of the best characters in TV history, Micheal Scott. For that reason, it's superior.

If your answer isn't the UK version, it's because you're a simpleton.

the uk one is meant to be uncomfortable. he acts awkward and there is no redemption. its not really that funny.

the US was able to build the characters and save itself from being awkward always by tying episodes up at the end.

Yeah so the UK one is shit.

This. No laugh track, no easily remembered catch phrases, no repeated until even a downie would get it jokes.

I don't think it's really fair to compare them, The UK version is a straight up mockumentary and it's all about the cringe factor of David Brent, we've all known people like him in real life

>Like this guy
youtube.com/watch?v=ON-15x1e9io

The US version is just a feel good sitcom where everything is outlandish and the story ends happily every after. The Dinner Party episode of the US office though was great.

UK Office=Sopranos
US Office=Mad Men

Basically UK is for autists while US is for actual people with sense of humor.

>Ameripoor openly admits to being so stupid and autistic that an entry level British comedy went straight over his head!

amerijuans have no sense of humour

The US version doesn't have a laugh track you fucking retard. All your points are now invalid.

The whole point is to be awkward

No laugh track in the US version either. The boss in the UK version said "that's what she said" all the time.

>American comedies

youtube.com/watch?v=DYcVtCV6qI4

It's OK everyone likes to laugh at autists, the real comedy of the UK office is the people who say the UK office is good.

>amerilards actually believe repeating the same 3 jokes (don't forget the laugh track) for 19 seasons is sophisticated comedy for people with highly developed senses of humour!

Yeah I guess they used the same laugh track as the UK version used then.

>he still thinks there's a laugh track

So, youve never seen the US office then? Classic inbred brit

why would he watch the inferior version?

>being so autistic that an obvious joke about US sitcoms in general flew completely over your heads

No wonder you need the same gags repeated over and over until they sink in.

>can't understand basic comedy
>literally needs it dumbed down to child level for it to make sense
>calls others autistic

>continuing to be this utterly fucking autistic

Why do people say the humor in the UK office is "subtle"? Ive seen it and there's a bunch of dick jokes, gay jokes, double entendres, etc. Not like it's written in some secret British humor codex.

>Brits getting this mad that their precious U.K. version is but a footnote to the real and superior version

kek

UK > US.

While the US version is pretty good, you just can't beat the subtlety and idiosyncratic nature of the original. You can watch the series several times over and still catch things Gervais does with Brent. It's scarily convincing. Plus, Dawn and Tim. Since the UK version was so short, it was perfect from beginning to end. Whereas, the US version dipped in quality heavily as time went on, it's basically a matter of quality vs. quantity.

Yeah autistic humor is the best only us sophisticated buck tooth cunts get it.

it's not shouty and loud, so it confuses and scares americans

German Office is the best version
dailymotion.com/video/x4ieqtd

Ricky Gervais made a career out of being a loud retard though

>Thoughts?
[ - ]

But that's all Gervais does.

which is why he's worshipped in america

A career in the us
To please amerilard audiences

>Fat, loudmouth retard who thinks he's funny meme

Who thought this was a good idea?

Except he does it in office too retards.

>b-but that doesn't count!/

Thats the point of his character?

You're supposed to have David Brent because he reminds you of that annoying guy at work.

youtube.com/watch?v=mBqL_tBCrDQ

Yes, that is all in there, but that's surface level shit. There's more layers than just that, ya turkey.

Everyone here making fun of the US meanwhile we're the only Western country not being invaded by mudshits. Enjoy Sharia you fucking flag burners.

>You're supposed to have David Brent because he reminds you of that annoying guy at work.
Why would you want to be reminded of an annoying person where you work?

Fuck. Isn't the whole point of watching television to escape realism?

>UK office is better because he doesn't shout and act retarded

>but he does

>BUT THAT'S WHY UK OFFICE IS SO GOOD

>not being invaded by mudshits

what about the kenyan muslim president for 8 years?

You're a retard if you think those jokes are actually the funny part of the series.

I truly think US Office is better in every definable way. It just went on too long. Though Robert California was okay.

Because thats the entire premise of the show? Its a guy who is trying anything to be famous because he thinks he is this amazing social person with lots of talent, when in reality he's just another annoying middle management guy with an ego too big.

So we laugh because he's such a dick and when he tries to be funny it just falls flat. Thats funny to English people.

He's a very cringeworthy guy and the show lets people go, "oh god I know someone exactly like that at work", so its funny again because we get to see this dick get nothing.

His loud and annoying shouting / acting retarded isn't the joke. The joke is that his loud annoying shouting and acting retarded is just looked at and judged without anyone saying..."what a dick".

You know, just like how it is at work when your boss say something and you kinda go..."heh, yeah".

steve carrell steals this show and then steals the classic "that's what she said" from a fourth grader.

steve has nothing on ricky. Ricky is an actual comedian. Steve is a comedy actor.

>The joke is that his loud annoying shouting and acting retarded is just looked at and judged without anyone saying..."what a dick".

but in real life, human resources would be all over Michael. It'd be hard to get work done with a boss yelling.
it's more subtle with David because his cuts are subtle.

UK Office remains amongst the greatest comedies ever broadcast on Television.

It was very funny. It was also quite innovative. Sure there are elements of it that might have felt familiar at the time (This is Spinal Tap for example), but it really did feel fresh and like something you'd never seen before.

Aside from its humour, it had the characters, writing, and tone that elevate comedies into something more than mere laughs. The dramatic elements were perfect, and melded seamlessly with the comedic elements. It touched at something deeper that you don't get with regular comedies and it did so effortlessly, being neither pretentious or forced.

What makes it particularly special is that it achieved this in a setting so mundane and ordinary that viewers could relate to it so easily.

Also important was that it was a very concise and lean show. The 12 episodes and 2 specials were a perfect length.

That being said, it's probably the only great thing Ricky Gervais (and Stephen Merchant) ever did on television or film. Extras was a decent watch and was also quite funny, but it was akin to a rehashed sequel no one asked for to a beloved film. Even at the time of Extras the comedic style of Ricky Gervais was getting somewhat tiresome.

US Office was a moderately funny comedy show. Nothing more

I know I'm agreeing with you.

well then

They're both equally shit.

Perhaps that's unfair, the US version doesn't have Ricky 'cunt' Gervais. So that wins.

the US one does have amerifats, so it's an automatic failure.

i-it's funny because it's not funny guys!!!

that poor woman is melting

WHY IS NO ONE TRYING TO HELP HER!

>WHY IS NO ONE TRYING TO HELP HER!

BRICE OF FREEDUM :DDDDD

Ever laugh at an old person falling over? Thats what the office is.

Most UK humor relies too much on awkward cringe moments. For this reason the US Office is better.

The Thick of It is the best comedy show ever though.

Right... you're thinking "ah shit, I fucked up and looked like an idiot. I know, I'll just say I was joking, that'll work".

>skin to skin

Do they mean stitching up the wound?

$6000 to deliver a baby? Fuck man, thank God I live in Canada. God only knows how much it costs for something difficult.

nope.

gotta pay 40 bucks to hold your newborn, or we stick it back inside.

In case you're not trolling and just an ignorant American, British shows mostly end when there's nothing left to tell, even if they're popular. IT Crowd ended after something like 3 short seasons because the creator said he was done.

>It only lasted 2 seasons
Normal for UK productions. Only America keeps making episodes after they've run out of ideas.

The joke is that the dick and gay jokes are not actually funny but cringy coming from the boss who thinks he's a genuine comedian.

That's why the UK office is generally seen as more subtle and layered.