JUST

JUST

BILL WHY!!!!

SAD!

F

RIP Jimmy's career. He could have been the Steve Young to Brady's Montana. But no, Bill has to outsmart himself yet again by trading away the best insurance policy of the GOAT QB out there right now for a fucking SECOND ROUNDER.

why, he's playing for a big time contract the rest of the year. can easily leave SF if he wants

just a 2nd rounder?

So does this mean Brady is playing for another 2-3 years? FUCK

he's a free agent this offseason

nigga Brady's playing until someone heems him enough to make a comeback insurmountable given his age

he's still on his rookie contract, ends next year

I remember when they first drafted him and Belichick said something to the effect of "we hope to eventually flip him for a first or second round pick in a few years" and everyone laughed at him for it since JG was a late 4th rounder and a D1AA prospect. Guess the man was right after all.

>not having a backup qb

Belichick is literally playing 4D chess while everyone else is playing checkers.

49ers released Hoyer so guess who's gonna give him vet minimum in his homecoming?

until brady blows out his knee because he's 40 years old and has been sacked more than ever this season, and they're stuck with hoyer instead of jimmy

If anyone can turn Hoyer into a decent quarterback it's Belichick.

He's a free agent after the season, may as well get something for him

Damn that's a tragedy. I like it when greats know when to ride off high. Even watching Manning win the owl was unfulfilling because he was broken. Favre retired broken too, it's a bummer.
Belichick is always taking calculated risks with his assets. He always converts players into commodities with draft picks as his currency. Picks are great assets to buy other players later on because they don't cost cap space and they don't get hurt and the don't get old.

good thing they kept him in and didn't trade him for all those first round picks. Belichick is such a shitty gm

how? he already tried before

I think it's a great opportunity for him to start and bring a team from worst to a contender in the next few seasons.

The 9ers have a lot of young players and can go out and get weapons to put with him.

Leave easily? Have you not heard of Kirk Cousins?

He wasn't going to stay retard. Brady has a couple more years on him

why would Cousins affect him leaving a team?

The Niners can franchise tag Jimmy G. It's not like he can just up and go.

Franchise tags.

essentially a late first rounder.

Poor guy, went from heir-apparent on a Championship team to the worst team in the league next to the Browns

Broncos are going to be head hunting to end the Patriots season

Broncos can't even hunt for their own head, as it's clearly wedged far up their own ass.

shame the 9ers o-line is such shit that he'll probably be lit up from day one

maybe John Elway is a quarterback genius

do you ever think about that? I bet you guys never even thought about that

Listen, I'm a Patriots fan, but I'm a REALISTIC Patriots fan. Brady isn't going to play forever. I think Belichick should have signed Garapollo again just because hes an above average QB who's shown he can preform well. I don't think this is a good move to trade him.

>Brady is once again the most handsome player on the Patriots
all smiles

This is what nobody seems to fucking understand.

Jimmy is a free agent next year. If Brady wins another ring this year there is a pretty high probability that he'll retire, and then Jimmy will re-sign with the Pats for a gargantuan contract.

Belichick is essentially moving a player temporarily in order to get a free draft pick. If he had any intention of actually getting rid of Jimmy he would have taken up one of the dozen offers he received this past off season.

>babby's first NFL trade deadline

New England was never going to pay Jimmy Garoppolo competitive off-season contract money anyways

The Patriots trade players during the regular season all the time because they are overvalued. They don't trade them to then turn around and pay them a whole bunch of stupid NFL 'market value' millions of dollars per year

Did you forget why the Patriots are the best NFL team in the business?

>draft tall QBs
>watch them suck
>be praised as great GM
is Denver addicted to weed?

>If Brady wins another ring this year there is a pretty high probability that he'll retire

This is where you're wrong, Brady has repeatedly said he wants to play 5 more years, no ifs ands or buts

if brady goes down they're fucked no matter what, so no need to keep a backup on the books ... is that the pats thinking?

Can't have perishable goods running the store.

If Bill really wanted to grab picks, he would've traded Jimmy G before the start of the season. Trading him now is literally damage control upon realization that Jimmy would refuse to stay no matter what if Brody stays immortal.

Garoppolo was a second rounder you retard. The pats basically just got their money back on this trade.

as soon as you throw around "damage control", esp when talking about belicik, you kind of take yourself out of he convo, you know? In a convo about the pats too...you just sound like a shrill child demanding attention so you say something wrong at volume.

>If Brady wins another ring this year there is a pretty high probability that he'll retire
If that was his mindset he would have done it this season

lolwut

Chandler Jones?
Ty Law?

You never ever pay the inmates. The players are commodities, to be used to extract future value for the franchise at all times

People flipping out like he was a lock for two first rounders this off season and this is somehow a huge dip in value. The kid has made less than 100 NFL pass attempts and is due to get paid next year. What do you people not understand about that?

Favre had his statistically best season as an old geezer on the Vikes. Fuck outta here.

Patriots are basically Einstein competing against a few guys with average iq and about 28 pants-shitting downies in terms of how to deal with the salary cap. It's why they dominate more than anything else.

IMO Bill used training camp to see if Jacoby could be the next guy, and he wasn't impressed, so he traded Jacoby (can't trade Jacoby if you trade Jimmy Grapes) to get something, and then traded Jimmy later on to get moar. And it's flipping a late second for what should be a top 40 pick, possibly even pick 33-35, which he will either draft a guy or trade it to a team for a future 1st.

so very well jimmy nets them a first rounder

>have a backup QB at the end of his rookie deal
>has played a few games and shows flashes of greatness
>can't keep him unless you pay starter money for a backup
>get a high second round pick for letting him go few months earlier than his contract would last
>sign Hoyer on a minimum deal back to his old job at Brady's backup
>draft new backup QB at the next draft
The patriots could choose between trading him for some value, paying starter money to a backup and just letting him go. Out of these three options it was obvious what Belichick would choose.

At least Santa Clara has nice weather I guess.

he's going to get killed behind that niners O-Line... just watched my birds pummel beatherd to death a couple of days ago.

I dont understand this trade

How many years do they think Brady has left?

we are finally going to see whether Jimmy is a system babby and that Belichick can make any QB look good or that Jimmy actually elite

if I was brady, I'd be fine taking a few mil less each year to support a fantastic offensive line to keep me safe until I could hold every possible stat record in passing QB history.

it is getting disgusting that the Pats can work the rest of the league like it is fucking franchise mode in madden...makes 31 other teams look like such idiots

t. wisconsin born packersfag

to this day i still dont know how to correctly pronounce favre.

Garopooplo is gonna suck. Matt Cassel round 2

Jimmy G was a 2nd rounder you fucking mouthbreather