Series based on 80s nostalgia. CGI monster

Series based on 80s nostalgia. CGI monster.

>Were they even trying?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Channel_Zero_(TV_series)
rollingstone.com/tv/features/stranger-things-creators-on-making-summers-biggest-tv-hit-w431735
twitter.com/AnonBabble

yes they where

>a monster from otherworldly dimension
>DUDE HUMANOID WITH LONG LIMBS LMAO
When did creativity die and who killed it?

If I took that suit off, would he die?

>otherworldly
>literally a copy of earth except with boogers everywhere

ok retard

mo-cap CGI shit

Most scientists agree that even on a vastly different planet, creatures that live their would likely resemble us, in being humanoid and symmetrical. They say evolution is part physics and things that "click" do so because they work, likely yielding similar results across the universe.

>Most scientists agree that even on a vastly different planet, creatures that live their would likely resemble us, in being humanoid and symmetrical.
Did you prolapse yourself pulling that fact directly from your anus?
Also, it's not 'different planet', it's parallel dimension, with fucked up laws of physics.

I wish I could punch you in the fucking face for being so fucking stupid. And I know you aren't fucking trolling either, you're actually this dense and retarded.

He's correct, kid.

>Most scientists agree that even on a vastly different planet, creatures that live their would likely resemble us, in being humanoid and symmetrical

No they don't, stop spreading bullshit.
>inb4: muh convergent evolution

>DUDE SILENT HILL LMAO

Fuck this shit.

I doubt a super strong being would be more spindly than a human

They only used CGI because they had to. From the outset, the Duffer brothers had planned to do everything practical, but couldn't for cost and timing reasons. TV shows have to produce a lot more content in a much shorter amount of time and with smaller budgets than movies.

>what is an ant

Did you miss on the actual Silent Hill successor kino?

It's a parallel, in the sense that it's the exact same physics, just on a separate dimensional plane.

When they were their, they could walk and breathe, so it's clearly a mirror of our environment, just different in enough ways to produce monsters and shit.

I agree user but these fucking retards wanted amorphous fart cloud aliens that exist on multiple planes of existence and communicate in different color wavelengths.

Or an alien that exists only as a concept or some stupid shit.

>the only thing in the entire dimension is that single monster and some slugs

hmm

:thinking:

I don't watch weeb crap, retard.

I don't buy that bullshit.

Watching the show, I was under the impression that there were multiple creatures. Don't know where people came up with the idea of their being just one.

That was the only things shown.

It's not the size of an ant you idiot

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought the monster design was ass.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Channel_Zero_(TV_series)
>Channel Zero is an American horror anthology television series created by Nick Antosca.

>the Duffer brothers had planned to do everything practical
source?

Still weeb shit, I'm not wasting my time on that, retard.

He's not talking about size, look how skinny it's limbs are compared to the rest of it's body.

>The duo also tried their best to avoid using digital special effects, which proved to be more difficult than they anticipated. "Initially, we said, 'Let's do this like they did in the old days we'd been building the monster — and then we realized with a TV schedule and budget we don't have six months to run trials on practical effects," Ross says. "So we did the best of both worlds. We built the monster but for real-life effects that we don't have time to figure out – like the monster bursting through a membrane-wall or coming out of the ceiling — we went digital. We merged the look with the practical. I think J.J. Abrams did that really well with The Force Awakens: It's not all CG and not all practical, it's something in between."

rollingstone.com/tv/features/stranger-things-creators-on-making-summers-biggest-tv-hit-w431735

How did Will survive in the toxic atmosphere of the Upside Down for seven days without food or water?

I didn't get the sense the series took that much to cost and judging from the terrible visuals when he jumps of the cliff, I assume their staff technical staff were bad more than anything

>fart cloud alien

>the monster looks malnourished

well god damn, they thought of everything

You realise why an ant is 'strong' right?

>creepypastas
>weeb shit

Are you mentally defective?

>I think J.J. Abrams did that really well with The Force Awakens
No he didn't. Snoke. Tentacle creature. Maz. All shit-tier CGI.

I read that it ate that egg they saw at the end, and I'm not familiar with any animal type that would lay and egg to just eat it themselves.

So there has to be at least one other creature there, and given that size of the egg, probably larger than the monster

>wanting rational, scientific explanations for every plot point in the story

great way to ruin mystery desu

Most creepypastas are ripped off from asian weebshit.

Kill yourself.

why does he wear the legs? Is it to make him a bigger guy?

Did he not get infected around the 4th day
If so he could probably survive without water and you can go a month without food so that doesn't matter

maybe there was food

did you miss the huge fucking egg Hopper stopped and looked at in the last episode?

I swear to god some of you are actually mentally deficient

I loved the show and it's among my favorite series now, but I have to admit the flea and the acrobat explanation was pretty retarded.

lol It has nothing to do with Silent Hill you tard.

A costume is much cheaper than CGI.

why?

wow dude, you got f*cking o*ned

Did you seriously missed all the SH references in this show?

Is this any good?

They were probably manhandled by the suits and test screening, then lied about it.

Cowards.

It's the best show Netflix has shat out.

Never go full retard

While that's true, to some extent, most scientists would also agree that we have insufficient data to make any conclusions.

But, yes, the universe does tend toward balance and symmetry. Since all life on this planet, and thus all known life beyond single cell organisms, tends toward that structure, it's likely that life elsewhere will behave that way too.

No.

it's pretty great

here i just made a creature up, it lives in a planet with a thick atmosphere so it can float around, its sentient and has a language and culture and lives in villages with others.

Is this scary to you?

I thought it felt needlessly complex for what was in fact a fairly simple situation.

That's gay

That's some cool design.

they had to fill out 8 hours

it's perfect

Nice, I dig it.

looks like generic resident evil shit

wrong, unless you want a shitty costume.

>CGI shit monster gets fucked up by a twerp edgelord and his gf with a few old revolver rounds, a beartrap and some gasoline
>murders its way through a government facility and slaughters every soldier with a machinegun unloading into it

This show is full of problems

i like it but this is Sup Forums and I have to be mean so kill yourself

I thought his point was that it was supposed to look retarded, which is why they went with something more humanoid.

my point is you cant find this thing scarier than pic related, specially because we cant relate it to us or any predator on earth

>monster beat trapped and scared soldiers
>teenagers beat trapped and scared monster

Makes sense to me desu. They knew what they were in for and went in pretty ballsy. They still didn't kill it though, just roughed it up a bit, so it makes sense that it could survive the machine guns as well.

because he ripped it off from expedition

how would you explain it?

I wish they told us what motivated the gorgon to kill humans and go after eleven

A being that thinks and has more than brute strength would be scarier than that

exactly, and thats what truly alien would be like

its why pic related has to have certain things for it to have any appeal, fear or attraction. even if it looks weird

this

They'll look into it in season 2 probably. S2 will suck tho

It appeared where ever there was blood, like a shark, it doesn't have any motivation other than eating or breeding I think.

>Monster can switch between dimensions at will
>For some reason has to walk after its prey in one dimension

y tho?

which tablet are you using famalam

To me it felt like the monster was an apex predator used to BTFOing everything around itself, that was threatened, hungry, and in need of hosts at the same time, at least for the kill humans part.

As for Eleven, I guess it sensed some kind of (psychic) power in her, I thought it was implied that without her contacting it, it probably wouldn't be able to cross over so it was a kind of a first contact type of deal for the monster.

This. Scientists can say literally anything and idiots will believe it.

>muh pear shaped earth
>muh global warming

Well Nancy was a main character so they needed to.

Even if it went to it's own dimension it would still have to travel the same distance to get to it's prey.

the trailer for the new one has big monsters 4 u

I'm gonna drop the show hard if that giant creature turns out to be Elevens nightmare or vision.

forgot pic

>Fart cloud alien
BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP

REKT
E
K
T

a genius f610

it's a sexually starved barbara

thats a shit tablet you have

>the kids kept calling her Eleven despite that being her traumatic-childhood-as-an-imprisoned-experiment name

How dumb can one froggo be?

convergent evolution

Don't lie you stole the idea from that book about Darwin 4

What app did you draw this in?

Why does it look like the Female M.U.T.O from the Godzilla reboot?

>makes effort to do practical effects
>replace it with CG or retouch it with so much CG that it's really just CG

It's sadder than just doing CGI in the first place. And also more time/money consuming for no reason.