youtube.com/watch?v=jYSNFonlbWw
youtube.com/watch?v=uZELQR_W6c4
youtube.com/watch?v=kl0Uh3HZAeM
youtube.com/watch?v=Kg8Y2rQ0A9U
youtube.com/watch?v=7KTUfQwiF0g
youtube.com/watch?v=Td84F59dZXo
youtu.be/lpcWW5UIP6Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Who here has been torrenting hours of tribal cumbias?

Why do Chicanos have no culture?

so, why are you alone?

i only listen to narco corridos
>why do Chicanos have no culture?

i guess thats just how things are meant to be i say i'm all alone but honestly can't see myself any other way so I don't know

>not knowing oldies is black music

Vado a tavoletta da Ostiense fino a Prenestina
Con la tavoletta per la tua bambina
Dalla pasta al cocco siamo gran maestri in cucina
E non preoccuparti che i piatti ce li lava Nina
Oh Nina, oh Nina
Oh Nina, oh Nina
Oh Nina, oh Nina
Oh Nina, oh Nina
Oh Nina, oh Nina, ti prego non piangere Nina
Oh Nina, oh Nina, scappiamo c'è la polizia

que?
song?

Chicanos are obsessed with motown era oldies however the music was dominated by blacks. Explain this phenomenon please.

show me an example

As Americans they follow in the same pattern as mainstream culture, pretty much all 20th century music is strongly black influenced or has black roots in the US.

If you want "white" folk music the polkas on our side of the border are the closest you're going to get in North America. Even the banjo originated in Africa.

In literally every movie depicting Chicanos they are depicted as plaid shirt wearing soul lyric quoting hoods.

youtube.com/watch?v=xYXWvgxiPYs

youtube.com/watch?v=x6k4SZE2Fn4

youtube.com/watch?v=jYSNFonlbWw

youtube.com/watch?v=uZELQR_W6c4

I'd rather listen to

youtube.com/watch?v=kl0Uh3HZAeM

>it's in a movie so it must be true
they are just movies most chicanos probably listen to chicano rap or something

but for me it's real mexican shit youtube.com/watch?v=Kg8Y2rQ0A9U
youtube.com/watch?v=7KTUfQwiF0g
youtube.com/watch?v=Td84F59dZXo

:/

CHI
Still not feeling too good. Maybe tomorrow will be better.

did you do anything different? whats weighing you down from work anyways?

Nothing new today. Work is just one more thing to worry about. Definitely not the main reason.

A CHI girl touched me today
Am I one of you now?

oh, just let it pass then maybe listen to some sad music and drain out all those thoughts
how did she touch you?

She hugged me

wait are you that guy who wanted a CHI gf? if you're congrats

Yes but this girl is probably not going to be my gf
I just went to high school with her and she hugged me when she saw me

I'm not a /chi/ but for some reason I read this general every day.
It's a very /comfy/ general

should of gotten her number probably the best scenario for you wouldn't of been weird either since you could of just been like " so we can catch up or something"

why don't you ever post? there are tons of non CHI's that post here and are also canadian

:(

This.

>tfw i'm such a loser i have to bump my own generals

I know i'll feel better sooner or later but the regret and bitterness is getting to me quite a bit at the moment. Hopefully things become better, even if it's only just a little bit. Turning things around seems more like a fantasy than anything that is grounded in reality at the moment tbqh. But surely it can get a little better.

I did get her number

i guess if you have nothing to look forward to the smallest thing can't make a huge difference (but i know that's not true in my case)
make her your gf then or if you don't like her tell her to hook you up with one of her many cousins

You are 100% correct btw.
The reason is the motown era was started at about the same time as the CHI political movement ( Cesar Chávez farm workers ).
Even though blacks dominated it, CHIs still put out some really good stuff of their own (The genre is called brown eyed soul if you're curious). My all time favorite by a band literally called El CHIcano:
youtu.be/lpcWW5UIP6Y

I have noticed that the little things stack up quite fast. Especially when you have nothing big to look forward to.

plz stop being sad

Her and I were kind of friends through her brother in high school so maybe it'll happen

i could probably go to the moon and still feel like i've accomplished nothing idk i guess it's just this state of mind
i wish i could user I wish i could
make it happen take her on a date

why do chicanos idealize/romanticize being sad/crazy/loco?

idealize being sad?