What is prison like in your country, Sup Forums? Have you ever been, or known anyone who has? Tell us about it

What is prison like in your country, Sup Forums? Have you ever been, or known anyone who has? Tell us about it.

Other urls found in this thread:

independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/anders-breivik-demands-better-video-games-and-threatens-hunger-strike-over-jail-hell-9130592.html
youtube.com/watch?v=-48OFresMkI
time.com/4360758/inside-the-hell-of-venezuelan-police-prisons/
m.liveleak.com/view?i=8e9_1467487024
breitbart.com/national-security/2016/10/13/cannibalism-in-venezuela/
youtube.com/watch?v=iWhdzIJMEmQ
bestgore.com/?s= Brazilian Prison
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

1st worlders would kill themselves in our prisons. I know one guy who was in prison for murder attempt (his gf cheated on him), he said it was rough.

Tell me more. What did he say happened in there? And why could first worlders not handle it? America's tougher prisons are no joke either but I wouldn't know how they'd compare to yours.

He is a pretty tough guy and a bydło, he didn't say much, he managed not to get beaten up there. First world prisons are fucking spa compared to ours.

4 years and 5 months in Kumla High Security.
It's not fun but not nearly as bad as other countries.
>comfortable cell
>books, tv and sometimes video games
>kiosk where you could spend money on smokes, snus and junk food etc
>daily work (not slave labor, actual meaningful jobs)
>studying was available, studied vehicular engineering
>almost zero violence
>no rape
>no hidden "shanks" or soap in socks
>there was groups, white, blacks etc but not as extreme as you might think
>friendly guards
>good food
>clean and safe in general
Being stuck is the hard part but I worked and studied.

The living conditions are pretty good, but it's boring as hell. No gang fights, no tattoos and shit. You're just sitting on your bed reading books or watching TV

This is a fucking cell? Jesus.
I was stuck in a mental hospital five times and it looked like I was back in commie times. This is a Polish cell.

>First world prisons are fucking spa compared to ours.
jup they are

Glad you were able to put your time to good use. That doesn't seem to be possible in our prisons from my understanding. Mind if I ask what you were inside for?

did he try to kill his gf or the guy fucking her or both?

Both. Well, actually he just wanted to beat the shit out of them but they said he wanted to kill them so.

what do you do now?

tell me more about why you held there, also for how long at a time, what was the experience like

I am schizophrenic, longest stay was one months, I hated being stuck there, fuck this.

Yes Sweden has strict laws when it comes to prisons, cells like yours would be extremely illegal.

>Mind if I ask what you were inside for?
Don't mind, started with smaller shit like selling stolen bikes and weed. Got into heavier dealing, robbery and fraud. Got my self hooked on pretty much everything you can inhale, swallow or sniff and at some point a neighbor had enough of my shit. They called the cops, they came boots kicking, I was high as a kite and punched one of the officers.
All that plus the stolen goods, fraudulent checks and papers plus a rifle and enough pills to kill of a small city... Well I got fucked in court.

I'm currently a intern in a garage with half time employment, by 2018 I'm getting bumped to 80% employment. I'm off drugs and drink. No funny business.

Does Poland treat the mentally ill like criminals? Did they not try to make you comfortable? I wouldn't want to be held in a psychiatric hospital anywhere, but here they're supposed to be a lot better than they used to be.

Holy shit, m8. You'd have gotten much longer, in America. That shit all adds up here. Are you clean off the drugs now?

Well I wish I was in a fucking Swedish prison rather than in Polish psychiatric hospital.
>Does Poland treat the mentally ill like criminals?
No but it's no vacation. Everything was washed out of colours, like a faded photograph and I had to sleep in 8 person room without door handles.

Oops my bad, I didn't read your reply to the other fag. Glad you're alright though.

what was it like with the other people in the room? did they bother you in any way or did you ignore them?

Yep guess I'm lucky I live in Sweden.
My defender was aiming for 3 years with early release at first but since I clocked the police they slapped me harder..
And yes, clean since then.

what are you doing on Sup Forums you chad

I ignored them, thanks fuck they let me keep my phone with unlimited internet so I wasn't THAT bored. It was a bit like prison, everyone was asking me for cigarettes and coffee, I was ignoring them. The worst thing was hearing all the loud screams all the time mixed with my own voices.

Having watched plenty documentaries about german prison, I came to the conclusion that prison's would have been neet's paradise if internet had been available
If that changes, I will probably do anything to get into prison, when I wont find a job or fuck up education

I don't know anyone who's been in prison, but I read somewhere that guys who are in for rape live like 4 months on average

>if internet had been available
Isn't internet available in some European prisons? Did you have it? I want to say I've seen a Norwegian or Swede posting from prison but I don't know.

>all the loud screams all the time mixed with my own voices
holy shit, did you ever post on Sup Forums from the nuthouse?

Many times.

independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/anders-breivik-demands-better-video-games-and-threatens-hunger-strike-over-jail-hell-9130592.html

Not all that bad if you

>Mind your own business
>Fight like hell if anyone attacks you
>Don't accept anything from anyone
>Only hang around your own race
>Don't speak to the guards
>Don't gamble
>Don't do drugs
>Don't stare at people
>Never speak about your personal life or friends/family outside
>Don't complain
>Don't change the channel without asking
>Never show any weakness

And you should be OK. Rape is usually a punitive action, not a lustful one. There's so many fags inside giving it away like sluts that nobody needs to rape. Although if you behave like a scared little girl you'll probably get gangbanged or at least bullied 24/7.

>I want to say I've seen a Norwegian or Swede posting from prison but I don't know.

You most likely have. "Top remarks" inmates or soon to be released inmates have access
(limited) to the internet. Mostly for studying, applying for jobs etc but a few quick minutes of browsing wasn't impossible.

>Don't speak to the guards
What's with this? Will the guards fuck with you if you talk to them or does it make you look like a snitch to other inmates?

Also where were you and for how long and why?

I think he is implying that inmates will plot sth against you if you get cozy with guards

America isnt 1st world

The prisons sure as fuck aren't.

>>Don't speak to the guards
It's the opposite here, you treat the guards nice and they do the same to you. So most inmates were nice to the guards and had conversations pretty much daily.
Used to talk to one of the female guards when I was cooking my dinner every day, she thought me how to do omelets and other dishes.

99% of the time guards are almost as bad the inmates. And yes, talking to them makes you look like a bootlicking snitch.

I was a CO at Statesville prison for 3 years.

I d rather die, than to be in our prisons

That feel when being sent to jail in Sweden is better than being poor in America

Were you as bad as the prisoners or were you one of that other 1%? This seems like a strange observation for a guard.

Yeah I bet a country like yours has some terrible prisons. How much do you know about them? Tell us.

I'm a piece of shit like the others

If you ever endup working at a prison, there's something deeply wrong with you

Like going on Sup Forums

imagine being in a jail in south america

What made you get a job there, and what kinds of things did you do there that were so bad?

You guys also sell an awful lot of drugs and use any drugs you confiscate among numerous other things.

The problem with our justice system is that a lot of times cops and criminals are basically the same sorts of people.

Would rather kill myself desu

It's pretty crazy isn't it? Here it's all about rehabilitation and education instead of revenge and punishment.
I can't imagine US prisons.
My day looked like this.
>08:00 cell opens
>09:00 breakfast (lunch at 12:00)
>10:00-17:00 work of study, or chill in cell
>17:00-21:00 free time, gyms open, entertainment room with tv etc
>21:00 you get locked in your cell
>repeat
Probably read 150-200 books during my time.

I heard they cannibalize motherfuckers in Latino jails

Like literally eating dudes alive like zombies

>tfw I will never live in a Nordic cunt

As far as i know they're not horrible? Nothing Norwegian like but nothing American like either

Source?

would rather end it myself than be eaten there

yeah, this is my story:
youtube.com/watch?v=-48OFresMkI

they will inject other inmates with syringes of infected blood

Depends, generally:

>State Prison: overcrowded and you're probably gonna die
>Federal Prison: Decent

venezuelan prisons are the worst

time.com/4360758/inside-the-hell-of-venezuelan-police-prisons/

Hell/Paradise
Yes, if you know the rigth people it's not that bad, "my" room was something like pic related, 8 people in

they pour molten plastic on inmates in venezuela

m.liveleak.com/view?i=8e9_1467487024

Why. How did you end there?

You don't end up in prison for flying planes here.

Apparently quite bad.

They put 10 people into cells meant for 4 people because there has been a massive increase of convictions in the past 10 years. However budget is tight and no politician dares to suggest using peoples tax money for criminal scum, so I guess we'll find out how many people you can actually put into one cell soon.

Also not enough guards so people spend 23 hours of the day locked up in these cells.

Also if you're a child molester, you're fucked if anyone finds out.

Someone started a fight with me, I left him almost dead, but I didn't know that her dad was a lawyer, and in those years corruption was even worse, so I ended in jail for 5 years

fuuuuuck

What? I thought Austrian prisons were safe and relatively comfortable like most of Europe.

Don't the guards tell the other prisoners who the sex offenders are?

Fug, at least you scarred him for life

breitbart.com/national-security/2016/10/13/cannibalism-in-venezuela/

Are you a svede?

>breitbart
I wonder if any legitimate news source reported on this.

Safe - yes.
Comfy? No.

But then again should prisons even be comfy?

Swede/Norwegian yes.

Recently I read in a book called Narconomics that in some Central American country or other (possibly El Salvador but I don't remember for sure) they used to not give the inmates food, the only thing they had to eat was what their family or friends would bring them, or what the prison gang they were associated with might provide for them in prison.

Well, I hope it was more than 2k €/month at least to make it worth

Real? WTF!!! I hate Mexico now

Why are Western prison so paradise? Looks like it's more comfortable than my army time

What are gook prisons like? I mean at least you don't have Best Korea's camps.

Dumb subhuman, just don't be a pedo and you won't be killed

How can rape only sentence 4 months?

>English teacher reading comprehension

It means you can only endure it as a rapist for 4 months there. Then you die. I though gooks were smart wtf ching chong?

Dunno exactly but if you sentence only probation even though are not going to prison, your life will be fucked up

Poor you

Its a mixed bag actually. This is probably the most informative video I've ever seen of Varg's actually

youtube.com/watch?v=iWhdzIJMEmQ

What type?

overcrowded happy places where they kill themselves and sometimes torture each other

but no one cares since they are trash

Serious question is it viable to emigrate to Sweden, commit a petty crime like trying to rob a store or something and then get into one of your comfy prisons for a few years

We have different tiers that have less to do with security and more to do with luxury and comfort. Litla-Hraun is the worst and places like Kvíabryggja are more cozy, in the cozy prisons you'll get what is basically a room and a computer, get to do stuff in the day and go out for “vacations“ from prison, it's basically like a dorm, people such as thieves and so on go there, in the worse ones you just get a cement cell a toilet and a mattress, no windows, it's like a typical American prison, murderers and rapists go there.

One of the reasons we have such a high incarceration rate is because prisons are a business here. Prisoners are used as a source of free labor. Rehabilitation is an afterthought in our prisons; the first thought is "how can we use these prisoners to make money."

bestgore.com/?s= Brazilian Prison

I heard that it was so small there that you basically spent like a few hours in prison then went out to work or whatever then basically just did home arrest

A Korean lady once told me a story about a Somalian pirate who went to prison in South Korea. He received an allowance, which he sent back to his family in Somalia, and he learned all sorts of useful skills. When his sentence was over, he didn't want to go back to Somalia.

They're not supposed to tell anyone what you're in for, some do anyway because guards are human and the job doesn't always attract the highest and most noble people to it. It depends a lot on the individual guard. Some prisons automatically put sex criminals in administrative segregation away from the general population, others don't do it unless the inmate starts getting harassed.

>Prisoners are used as a source of free labor. Rehabilitation is an afterthought in our prisons; the first thought is "how can we use these prisoners to make money."

This is possible because of the 13th Amendment. "No person shall be held in involuntary servitude except as punishment for a crime that the person has been duly convicted of."

>Only hang around your own race
If someone of your race is being bullied by someone of another race, it's also obligatory to stand up for him.

My friend said it lasts 20 monthes and paid less than 170 dollers per month,but also said you can watch dramas in your room and every meal has lots of chickens.It seems not so but

In my country,some guys get in jail instead to keep working or take healthcare because they couldn't get along with social pressure

Bitches please

Looks better than most people houses here.

Enjoy your first world heaven.