EXPANSE THREAD

EXPANSE THREAD

Thoughts on tonight's episode?

watching this show while i play stellaris is comfy as fuck tbqh

>Thoughts on tonight's episode?
Er, no. It's on Wed.

Yeah my bad, I don't know why I said that.

What did you think of the last episode though?

my thoughts are >tfw no mars gf ;_;

I thought it was kind of a filler episode after the first two. But it was OK

Looking for a new show to pick up, should I?

I just remembered this show was coming this year. I have not heard anything anywhere. Is this show gonna die forgotten like Julie

Yeah, it's decent enough you wouldn't think it's on Syfy.

Its figures are shit in the US. Maybe it's selling well internationally.

D-does it get better after S01E01? Because Season 01's pilot sucked. The CGI sucked, the characters sucked.

No. Go watch walking dead. kthxbye

Maybe?

The show is saved by /ourguy/

I really hope this doesn't put the final nail in the real sci fi coffin. Seems like the only "sci fi" shows that do well are the ones that go over the edge in fantasy and the main characters are a bunch of special little snowflakes (colored hair, over the top tough guy, special powers, autistic princess, etc.); basically, all trying to copy firefly.

I love how unapologetically stock this character is but so well executed

I like the show but I can understand why it's hard for normies to follow what's going on week to week, I had a much easier time binge watching s1 than I did watching the first two eps of s2 on normal schedule

Same for me. That period of time between each season made forget a lot and now the pace is kinda odd as is the sense of danger.

Plz don't dark matter shame.

I think it is an advantage to the real tropey shows that their episodes are more self-contained though

If you're lost I recommend watching the first season again without the earth political subplot. It helps focus on the main characters, and really the Earth subplot doesn't reveal that much. We know that some people in the government are trying to start a war but we don't know who or why, and we know that Lost man is working with the guy from the UN on the Eros protomatter project, and that there is a fleet of stealth ships built by an unknown Earth faction.

Started watching this a few days ago, just finished s01e08. Mostly enjoying it but holy shit Holden is a little bitch, almost ruins the show for me. The rest is great, comfy sci fi and characters (apart from maybe the grumpy nigress) but fuck that is one awful main character. Is it intentional?

reminder not to judge bobbie until after the ganymede rektcident

>based Mormons realising everyone else is retarded and will get themselves killed so they just leave

The Mormons are so stupid, haven't they seen starship troopers?

Yes. Holden is meant to make you grind your teeth at how ridiculous he is. He's all the off-the-wall romantic medieval chivalry of Don Quixote turned up to 11 and everyone loathes it, but his dumb luck keeps blessing them so they just let it slide. Since he fancies himself the modern knight-errant anyway, running around righting the wrongs of his world without being beholden to anyone, it's not like he's even playing a role, he's literally just that way. If he annoys the fuck out of you, then Steven Strait is playing him perfectly, because you're supposed to be annoyed by him.

Human civilization must be triumphant.

He's there to make you appreciate Amos and his "this guy's going to fuck things up, I'll just shoot him" approach.

Well he should DM-shame. That's the only way we get better sci-fi. If we can't show there's a market for serious stuff like this, all we can do is shit on the... well, shit. (and I watch that crap)

That's actually pretty neat. I always thought that moralfag MCs like Holden in games/books/tv/whatever would actually be pretty insufferable if not downright dangerous (however unintentionally) if the plot actually stopped to consider the consequences/logic of their actions in any detail. Pretty decent deconstruction desu

Hey what's this?

>naomi nagata
>nagata

No thanks.

Imagine how little everyone else cares

Ur a fgt m8

>Well he should DM-shame. That's the only way we get better sci-fi.
fuck off. why kill the next best thing?
cancel Killjoy or dozens of other shit on syfy instead

What if I don't like Amos either

>palette changed version

Haven't seen thos broad posted on Sup Forums in ages, feels good

Then you're a hopeless shitter and should commit sudoku

Read the book.

Forget the adaptation.

His autism cuts too close to home?

DUDE BEER AND COMIC BOOKS AMIRITE? xDD

did this show go full SJW ? like first 5 minutes featured nothing but empowered independent women of color and a white man get cucked and strangled after his partner got murdered

The answer is no, you're a fucking retard.

did you see the part where the woman was arm wrestling with the robot and won?

Was that when the show touched your sensitive pucker?

>redditor's response to logical statements of fact
the show suffers when you put social agendas ahead of the writing

No, the show has literal subhumans and you're meant to hate them because they're terrorist faggots

>everyone that's against me is reddit!

Go be persecuted somewhere else, better yet go watch something like Little House on the Prairie if you can't stand to see the coloreds and wimminz doing stuff that offends your delicate sensibilities.

Does this show have cool aliens or is just a bunch of fags in space?

>or is just a bunch of fags in space?

We're all in space user.

>and a white man get cucked and strangled after his partner got murdered

I don't remember this.

The whole Expanse series was based on play by post roleplaying forums, so I get why he's supposed to be a generic hero character.

It doesn't help that Holden reminds me of the faggot that played Jon Snow on GoT.

Maybe this is the prequel

mmm nah
just bad writing pushing a social agenda
strong independent women everywhere with no writing to back up their established position of power

Fuck off back to Sup Forumsblr

Can the great Belter holocaust please begin already, they're on the brink of single-handedly ruining this show for me

Amos is so weird.
If you break him down he is creepy, scary, and dangerous, but as a whole character he is so great.

>the fuck is this

Is Miller's plan to fly the Mormon ship into Eros? Lame, if the evolution of his arc was to come along on the journey they writers could've had a chance to redeem and do something interesting with his character. Now he'll remain cancer on the quality of the show much like every sub-human Belter fucking shit

punished Miller scares me

I liked depressed Miller more

These people are doing society a favor by making themselves easily identifiable on the day of the rope, God bless

>fly the Mormon ship into Eros
>lame

This. Sci-Fi has traditionally been a lot more subtle with their brainwashing, like with the Trannies on Star Trek.

Get used to it.

good post

Quite rude tbqh

> New episode of The Expanse, oh boy I sure hope I not going to have to look at a load of niggers in my sci fi show again....

they're all gonna die next ep

>implying we wouldn't immediately launch niggers into space if the technology to keep them there existed

I'm so fucking tired of having to look at niggers in my television and film, feels like there are a lot more of them lately too

I doubt Miller is just going to fucking suicide using the Mormon ship. They seem to be hinting pretty heavily that the people can be 'cured' of the protomolecule, perhaps he'll try and do that and maybe even rescue >muh Julie Mao

Any Miller is good Miller

Bookfag here, reading posts

If the series follows the books, a whole bunch of folk on tv might ragequit at the end of this series too

Concerned that the normal audience will do the same and this will get canned

Shame too; the later books are much better and the scope just get broader

Usually I don't care for diversity in shows but that scene made me drop it for now. They cannot act and they are ugly as fuck, that's just too much, it felt like watching a parody.

ragequit because?

she is best girl

I switched it off there aswell. I'm gritting my teeth and making another attempt to watch now.

>tfw no half chinese belter girlfriend

Lmao. You know you literally sound like triggered tumblrinas, right?

he starts doing massmurder-ish things, like that scientist he punished. why the fuck

They dont like change.

>
If you reply to this guy then spoiler rag that shit or I will cut you

Poor little white guys.

>EY YO TREYSHAWN LES' TERRAFORM MARS N SHIT YE MANG

you see the problem here faggot?

>Slowly, the bloom of engine fire changed from a circle to an oval to a great feathery plume, the Nauvoo itself showing silver in rough profile. Miller gaped.
>The Nauvoo had missed. It had turned. It was right now, right now, speeding past Eros and not into it. But he hadn’t seen any kind of maneuvering rockets fire. And how would you turn something that big, moving that quickly, so abruptly that it would veer off between one breath and the next without also tearing the ship apart? The acceleration g alone…
>Miller looked at the stars as if there was some answer written in them. And to his surprise, there was. The sweep of the Milky Way, the infinite scattering of stars were still there. But the angles had changed. The rotation of Eros had shifted. Its relation to the plane of the ecliptic.
>For the Nauvoo to change course at the last minute without falling apart would have been impossible. And so it hadn’t happened. Eros was roughly six hundred cubic kilometers. Before Protogen, it had housed the second-largest active port in the Belt.
>And without so much as overcoming the grip of Miller’s magnetic boots, Eros Station had dodged.

but seriously , are they written as nigs and shitskins in the book as well, or are they portrayed so only for the show?

Shirley he can reply without dropping spoilers

>Friday in space
would watch tqbh famalam.
only problem here is triggered fairies complaining all the time

he won't suicide on the mormon ship

and they can't be cured

Infected Julie (consciousness is preserved during infection) panics and steers eros to earth (her home), miller goes into eros and convinces her to go to venus instead, getting infected in the process

It wasn't me user, please don't hurt me

I think its more the fact they cant relate to fictional characters who look different from them.

>Friday in space
?

>hes never heard of Friday

that seems amazing, has stellaris had any quality updates since launch?i stopped playing like a week after it came out because it felt unfinished

I don't care if they cast black people if they can act but these guys are not even actors they look like immigrants in spacesuits who were put in the show randomly. You cannot honestly defend that scene.

I think its because they know they're going to lose
Give it a few hundred more years and most people on the planet will be a bit mixed-race of some kind. They're pure white ubermenschen is going to be a relic, somebody who walk into a room and is a point of interest.

"John Smith, your name is John Smith, did your parents go in for genetic engineering or something. No your family is just straight Anglo-Saxon. Wow! Do you have ginger hair naturally?"

What would alien music really sound like?

Friday is a Robert A. Heinlein novel that takes place in space. And it was written way before whatever the fuck you're talking about.

no one cares loser