What did he mean by this?

>I hate Woody Allen physically, I dislike that kind of man. I can hardly bear to talk to him. He has the Chaplin disease. That particular combination of arrogance and timidity sets my teeth on edge. He is arrogant. Like all people with timid personalities, his arrogance is unlimited. Anybody who speaks quietly and shrivels up in company is unbelievably arrogant. He acts shy, but he’s not. He’s scared. He hates himself, and he loves himself, a very tense situation. It’s people like me who have to carry on and pretend to be modest. To me, it’s the most embarrassing thing in the world—a man who presents himself at his worst to get laughs, in order to free himself from his hang-ups. Everything he does on the screen is therapeutic.

Other urls found in this thread:

andsoitbeginsfilms.com/2011/08/art-of-talking-trash-directors-vs.html
youtube.com/watch?v=iDQ8DiP_Y_A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

TONIGHT ON CELEBRITY DEATH MATCH:

Two of Kino's heavyweights face off in the ring in a bout we call:

The Auteur Vs The Autist

That Allen is a pussy ass kike

>To me, it’s the most embarrassing thing in the world—a man who presents himself at his worst to get laughs, in order to free himself from his hang-ups.
I never got this from his films. Instead of seeing it as justifying his hang ups, I saw it as Woody Allen trying to find common ground with common hang ups that happen to all people and not just him. Welles is just being an ass here.

Allen wanted to tell the same kinds of stories as Bergman, the universally relatable foibles that are a fact of everyday life. It's just too bad he didn't have a troop of amazing actors or access to top tier cinematographers like big B.

A lot of people question Woody Allen's reputation of being a hack.
He is a hack, in the sense that he always does the same shit in all his flicks.
Annie Hall was the first Woody Allen movie I watched, and I loved it. It was creative, inovative in many ways, funny and different than the usual comedy.
Then I went on to watch Manhattan. It was the same thing, but in B&W: neurotic intelectual jewish struggling artist living in New York has romantic issues.
Not only the premisse was uninventive, the execution wasn't all that great, and the whole plot about a 42yo dating a 17yo like that was the most normal thing in the world was ridiculous, and made me want to puke (of course, pedos will try to defend this). But what made me cringe the most is the dialogue he tried to push, as natural conversation, but was nothing but a bunch of wannabe cult gibberish.
It made sense to me that the people who loved Woody Allen act like such uptight poseur cunts, because they wanted to be just like him, that pretentious faggot.
It baffled me to find out this was considered one of his masterpieces, as it seemed like a poor rehash. Then I went on to watch other of his stuff, just to find out it's the same shit over and over again.
Same romantic plots with his neurotic auteur alter ego, same self deprecating jokes, same ridiculously pretentious dialogue.
I'm with Orson Welles - who criticized Allen's "comical persona" - on this one. Welles was an intellectual, but for the sake of knowledge and reflexion, not to make himself look smart in silly flicks.
He didn't loosely refferenced Swedish directors or german philosophy, for no particular reason. Even more so, he made films with a good understanding of human nature, instead of just "wow, Freudian theories about upbringing are true and relationships are hard".
Plus, he was a complete artist, not only working as a writer, but also was a fantastic director and a competent actor.
Sorry about the rant, but I'm pretty pissed off.

>implying I'm gonna read all this shit

>It baffled me to find out this was considered one of his masterpieces, as it seemed like a poor rehash.
Yeah, he's a comedian and that's his persona. May as well get mad at Chaplin, Keaton, Jerry Lewis and the other countless comedians who have a comic persona.

Good rant lad

>big fat faggot sellout bullying others who didn't do jack shit to actually agitate him besides existing

let me guess he's /ourguy/

he meant woody "the pedo kike" allen blown the absolute fuck out and exposed for the subhuman garbage he is

He wasn't really trying to justify his hangups. It was him trying to escape his hangups by hiding behind his joking about them. Post modernism. You can't criticize the man who criticized himself.
Wells thought that made Allen weak.

i like u

Amen.

>muaHAAAAA the frensch shampain

what the fuck are you talking about

Whoops wrong thread lel disregard I'm gay

>*stuttering autistic noises between pants of fucking your adopted daughter*

had it not been for my laziness at hand i'd have filtered you long ago

this but i like midnight in paris

>i like midnight in paris

So?

>all his flicks.
>lists two
Go to bed, Orson. You're dead.

>Get me a jury and show me how you can say 'IN July' and I'll go down on you.

Probably something to do with being such a beta you need to adopt a kid to groom into your sexual object.

>What did he mean by this?

crumb crisp coating

Orson Welles said that not Allen.

He was jealous obviously.

great quality pasta

>Allen got to make a film a year for over three decades
>meanwhile Welles had to hawk wine and play in Transformers cartoons

Orson Welles is by far the most arrogant fuck to ever live. The guy thinks way too much of himself, and seems threatened by a weak little quiet man like Allen. But I get what he means by the little sheep who bahs loudly when the wolves are out of ear shot. If the wolves found out, they'd be so pissed.

what he said about that timid type of person is definitely true, i feel like everyone must know one person who is like that

Chaplin and keaton made good comedy movies though. Allens movies have a lot more cringes than laughs

thick

And?
It's a stale meme that needs to be beaten with allen-autism.

Well yeah, cringe is his style.

>if someone isn't an asshole is he just faking it

this tells more about the guy than the one he is attacking

Woody Allen is literally putting his life on the screen for others to see and exposing his weaknesses while finding humor on them, yet people think that his movies are inauthentic.

It doesn't get more authentic than him, desu.

>Woody Allen is literally putting his life on the screen for others to see and exposing his weaknesses while finding humor on them
yeah I love all those scenes of him fucking his "daughter" and her queefing. Such authentic and humorous scenes I can relate too.

i fucking agree
i only seen one woody Allen movie and it was headache inducing complainathon,

instead of dealing with his weaknesses and improving himself, he makes fun of them so people can't criticize him. he takes the easy way out. he is a beta cuck.

Damn, Orson got triggered. Must suck when you can't make a genuinely good film, and your insecurity causes you to lash out at those who receive the slightest recognition for their work.
The best film Orson was involved with, he didn't even direct.

Any other instances of directors talking shit about each other?

Nice ,OP. Now post Bergman's quote on Welles.

Tarkovsky talked shit about everybody.

Transformers The Movie?

>Knows nothing about the subject at hand
>Comments anyway
Are Americunts really this stupid?

Go adopt and fuck another child woody

He deals with his weaknesses through film and you're the because that doesn't understand this.

>he makes fun of them so people can't criticize him
People still do

I meant to say that you're the beta cuck who doesn't understand this

>Are Americunts really this stupid?

>country run by kikes
>support a degenerate kike that fucks his own kid

Yeah they are.

Allen, your autism is identifiable even through words. Fuck off you talentless kike.

My man!

Just a reminder that there's no evidence that our favorite kike has ever fucked children besides his suspicious marriage with his 21-year-old stepdaughter.

>Watch as Sup Forums struggles between their hate of kikes and their love for """men's rights""" and fake accusations of rape by evil women

>Watch as Sup Forums struggles between their hate of kikes and their love for """men's rights""" and fake accusations of rape by evil women
It's black and white.
He's a beta cuck kike who had to adopt a kid to groom into fucking him. Couldn't even go out and find a random woman or anything with his apparent "stardom".

Here is a whole bunch of instances of directors talking shit about each other
andsoitbeginsfilms.com/2011/08/art-of-talking-trash-directors-vs.html

Allen is a wannabe Bergman of the worst kind.

Are you retarded? He fucked Diane Keaton and Mia Farrow for years until he got tired and went for younger ones. Considering he's an neurotic manlet kike that's quite the achievment.

He seems more inspired by Fellini.

Bergman and Godard really gets on each others nerve. Burton and Smith is comedy gold.

They be in bed together with Polanski.

Friendly reminder that this man was the Black Dahlia murderer.

Based Bergman always with the best banter

FUCK YOU, CHARLES. GET OUTTA MY HEAD

thats an interesting perspective but im not sure i understand what he means, even though i understand what hes saying.

>When Orson talks shit about your entire personality

Right, so grooming a kid and taking advantage of her makes you alpha because you got your dick wet with two mentally challenged idiots?

>farrow is insane and a beta female (couldn't even hold onto her autistic man)
>keaton was a bulimic moron during her time with allen

Since he was the Black Dahlia murderer he could easily spot that Woody Allen was a creepy pedophile.

He means the reason Woody Allen acts so nervous and fumbling in his films is that he is trying to take the piss out of himself before anyone else gets the chance.

>He acts shy, but he’s not. He’s scared. He hates himself, and he loves himself, a very tense situation.

Holy shit this is me. What do?

No Sup Forums: I can't watch his films because I despise the Jewishness he puts in every element of his work. It is entirely meant for Jews, while being painted as high art. i can imagine an Intuit making films for entirely Intuit sensibilities and an Intuit audience, while marketing the films as art that everyone else must see. Over and over and over and over and over.

Except the Intuit probably wouldn't cheat on his wife with one of his children.

T H I C C

I dont buy the passive-aggressive tag people want to put on Woody. Yes, he threw in some pseudo-intellectual bullshit in his movies, but that was more a side thing. Orson claims he was using the movies as 'therapy', well there are not many film makers, actors, or people in general who are willing to open up themselves the way Woody did. It takes a sense of strength to be that open about yourself, to put your heart on your sleave so to speak, and to do it confidently. And if you look at the things he was insecure about it was usually the kind of thing most people can relate to, he wasnt trying to take advantage of anyone.

If you want someone who fits Orson Wells profile of being a toxic egomaniac who tries to shove his weakness down people throat then there is one comic who fits that to a tee which is Louis CK. Louis is a degenerate and a cuck and tries to pass it off as something all modern males are. He has the mentality of a 15 year old Sup Forums basement dweller, this show "Louis" illustrated that very clearly. There is nothing likeable about Louse CK, he is just an obnoxious cuck trying to act 'cute' and timid.

Damn, Rocky looks like that?

It seems only americunts find Louis CK funny.

I'm a yuropoor, and I find him funny.

not even memeing here but citizen kane was a boring pos

DUDE ROSEBUD LMAO

>It’s people like me who have to carry on and pretend to be modest.
that's fucking gold right there.

Obese English man vs Tiny Jew

>English
He was from Kenosha Wisconsin.

Orson was all American.

>That particular combination of arrogance and timidity sets my teeth on edge

It's contagious effeminacy. Women love to revel in contradictions like this because if you still want to assign them an equal reputation for accuracy after hearing all the ways they desperately try and appear "occasionally" accurate/consistent then they can't really respect you but they can keep you around for drama.

MUHURHHHH

>WAAAAH WHY ISN'T HE ARROGANT AND AN ASSHOLE LIKE ME? IT'S JUST AN ACT! NO WAY HE MUST BE JUST AS ARROGANT AS ME BUT DOESN'T HAVE THE COURAGE TO SHOW IT!

Not threatened, more that he feels a compassion towards his fellow men being mislead into a life of hesitation because it is defended with gusto and surrounded by vaginas.

Probably because you suck nigger dicks like the rest of your refugee loving populace.

There is no pure authenticity in this world. Let that go.

If you are like woody and getting audience pussy from exaggerating weaknesses on the big screen that you may have had briefly at one time or another, then you are in another class entirely. You get rewarded with a different lifestyle entirely if you are loudest to broadcast those values entertainingly compared with some impressionable audience member on the reverencing end mimicking those values and thereby cementing them forever without anywhere near as much personal reward.

What did women ever see in a creepy neurotic jew like Allen anyway

At least Fellini knew not to let one girl have a monopoly over your sexual release, to chase strange in parallel so the girls don't lose the ability to charm. This woody guy is always so hung up on one (at a time) and then he wonders why the girl thinks she can do better and leaves or he gets bored. Pasolini even knew better not to get hung up on the meaninglessness of the chase and to be pragmatic in paternity and adventure.

I understand the sort of person he's describing, I just don't know if Allen really fits the bill.

All self-deprecating "humour" fits the bill if it's too heavily applied.

I'm guessing that he doesn't like Woody Allen. Just a hunch.

Woody Allen is a child fucking hebe.

GAS THE KIKES, RACE WAR NOW!

He meant he was a fucking kike.

what he means is that instead of working on himself and becoming a stronger person, Woody Allen instead points out his failings before anyone else in order to deflect any criticism.

I actually just watched a JP video about this.
youtube.com/watch?v=iDQ8DiP_Y_A

mfw it's all true.

There. Royally BTFO

>[on Orson Welles] "For me he's just a hoax. It's empty. It's not interesting. It's dead. Citizen Kane, which I have a copy of- is all the critics' darling, always at the top of every poll taken, but I think it's a total bore. Above all, the performances are worthless. The amount of respect that movie's got is absolutely unbelievable."

>[On Orson Welles] "I've never liked Welles as an actor, because he's not really an actor. In Hollywood you have two categories, you talk about actors and personalities. Welles was an enormous personality, but when he plays Othello, everything goes down the drain, you see, that's when he's croaks. In my eyes he's an infinitely overrated filmmaker."