Matt Groening is developing an animated series for Netflix

>Matt Groening is developing an animated series for Netflix

Do you think he still got's it Sup Forums?

Considering all he really contributed to The Simpsons and Futurama were the designs, no/doesn't matter.

Literally who.

He has proven himself to be creative and funny with Life is Hell, but that was like 50 years ago.

the creator of the Simpsons and Futurama but your probably just being a sarcastic asshole.

Did he get thawed out of coldsleep like Micheal Moore to whine about the administration?

Whoa, George Lucas is making an animated TV show?

He created the shows but he's not that funny Fox gave him good writers.

Why couldn't Netflix do the same?

It'll be interesting considering he hasnt made anything for over a decade now. straight to netflix doesn't look too good either but hey you never know
>inb4 spastics who don't know the difference between creators, writers, and showrunners

Will we ever know more about Chuck and Sneed?

"Dear Yellow People"

>character designer gets mistaken for all the talent

It will be worse than or equal to Mighty No 9

>Do you think he still got's it Sup Forums?
I know he doesn't.

I was gonna make that joke wtf

Hopefully it will be a prequel show dealing with Chuck and his struggle to fight off the Sneed's Megacorps that wants to drive him off his land.

Simpsons was already starting to get stale when Futurama began, at that turned out well. Maybe Matt just needs his series to be new for them to be funny

>>inb4 spastics who don't know the difference between creators, writers, and showrunners

Enlighten me you autistic cunt.
>inb4 dickhead googles the definitions

>at that turned out well
No it didn't.
Did you forget they got cancelled? Yes you did because you were still in diapers at the time.

>straight to netflix doesn't look too good

They'll pay him well upfront so Netflix is the only sucker here

The original Futurama run is classic television, I don't care that it didn't make a bunch of Fox execs tons of money.

Is James L Brooks apart of it?

>The original Futurama run is classic television
And early Simpsons is still the best. Doesn't mean shit in the end because what came after ruined what came before

After 4 seasons and 4 movies

>straight to netflix doesn't look too good

why?
it seems to work for Bojack

Yeah, my whole point was that if the pattern holds, at least the first few seasons of Groening's new show will be good.

You know it's inevitably going to go down hill so why watch it?

Decay is the natural order of things, just enjoy the good thongs while they last

>Do you think he still got's it Sup Forums?
Probably not, but technically he's got two grand slam home runs under his belt so I guess it's possible.

Fun fact: musically he's apparently a huge artsy hipster. Like he's one of those guys that claims to actually like Trout Mask Replica. I don't know that this has to do with anything but it really surprised me when I found out.

I guess what I'm saying is there is evidence that he's not just a lucky hack who fell ass backwards into a moderately funny sitcom idea. He has an artist mentality and potentially some skill in being able to spot and appreciate new creative ideas. That is, he might have some natural skill as a producer. And that doesn't go as bad with age as some things do.

>good thongs
God damnit

And how is a cartoon show which is not natural, going to decay? You gonna leave it out on the windowsill and watch it dry up and shrivel?

Bojack is shit though an

>good thongs

;^)

>t least the first few seasons of Groening's new show will be good

if he can get decent writers like he did with the other 2 shows

Wtf I hate anons now

I'd be way more excited if they just put The Simpsons on Netflix.

"matt groening" will develop a Netflix series as much as tom clancy develops games.

do you think he'll be like that hack seth macfarlane and just cut and paste the simpsons?