The nightclub shootout was great, everything else was mediocre as fuck. Why is everyone sucking this movie's dick again?

The nightclub shootout was great, everything else was mediocre as fuck. Why is everyone sucking this movie's dick again?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gCKhktcbfQM
youtube.com/watch?v=rCIgpUTvfsA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Pleb

It was very nicely shot and choreographed.

A bit too much "ooh look at this shot" but still nice to look at.

Keanu is the weakest part of the movie.

Why was there a super secret assassin hotel? Why did the assassins have their own super secret currency? Why did all the assassins dress like they were in a photoshoot for Gentlesir Monthly?

i liked every moment of the film from beginning to end except when he had to look at pics of his wife to emote some, but i understand they had to do that

It's the only movie in the last 10 years with amazing fight choreography.

He's better in the sequel, its a better movie I think

that guy from GoT is in it. that failed WW. doge. Sup Forums action scenes. pew pew. ''you just don't get it''

because only beta gets off by shooting bullets

>Why was there a super secret assassin hotel? Why did the assassins have their own super secret currency?

Why not?

To build up how organized they were which added to the awesomeness of Keanu tearing through them like tissue paper

I wish we got more mad Keanu. The best part of John Wick 1 was where he flipped out and started screaming. He was way too laid back in this one.

>The best part of John Wick 1 was where he flipped out and started screaming.

If you put too much of that in you get IT WAS FREE PIZZA though, you need a balance.

I agree with you on one, but 2 was much much better.

>why couldn't it be a normal hotel with all normal people in it?

>he hasn't seen The Raid

This. I finally got to watch an action movie that didn't have shit tons of shakey cam and a jump cut every second. There was definitely a few shots in it I think could have been better. I really enjoyed the movie though.

The choreography and stunt work was 110%, but everything else, from the story to the dialogue to the characters, the acting, even the locations and the cinematography was all pretty ok to average. Personally I loved it, but that's because I'm really into slick and stylish action movies. To the average action fan this is the equivalent of another Jason Statham movie.

I like Jason Statham.

Can I watch pt 2 without seeing 1?

>To the average action fan this is the equivalent of another Jason Statham movie.

Problem is Statham hasn't had a good action film since Safe. Furious 7 wasn't his movie and I liked Spy but that was obviously a comedy.

The Mechanic 2 was great, and that came out recently

Yes. They basically tell you what happened in the first movie in the first opening scenes. You just miss out on the good parts of him killing all the people in his way.

Everything Laurence Fishburne's character said was embarrassing as fuck.

it's not about sucking the movie's dick, it's about wanting to suck keanu's dick. Everyone who liked this movie is a faggot, pure and simple

t. focus group retard

ur mom's a faggot

Fishburne is an embarrassment in general

>posts anime reaction images

You'd know all about embarrassing shit wouldn't you? lmao

don't bother replying your butthurt, weeb, i won't read it.

I don't think the films were trying to be anything but fun action flicks. The original story was "Retired Assassin's wife dies. She gives him dog as present after she dies. Dog gets killed by Russian gangsters boss's son. Assassin goes on rampage for revenge".

If they do a JW3 and I don't see why they won't after this success, they'll need to ramp it up. Think of it like the Fast and Furious films. They're not gripping stories. The characters are shit. The acting is mediocre at best. But why do people like it? Fast cars, cool looking cars, car stunts, big action scenes and racing. That's it. Not all films need an amazing story and shit.

Also the music was good in JW1 + 2.

You're right.

Years of capeshit has lowered the standards of this board. John Wick is essentially a cringeworthy graphic novel adaptation for people who are eternally 16 years old and think Sin City or Django Unchained are in the top 100 movies of all time.

great stuntwork, people were getting sick of: youtube.com/watch?v=gCKhktcbfQM
shot count and reloads were accurate, slick ass cqb, you could actually see what was happening
the story was just a backdrop but it still set up a cool underground crime world
they put a fucking bag on his head instead of just putting a bullet through his face.

>there are STILL reddit autists who point out the sources of reaction images
who the fuck honestly takes the time to do this who isn't a literal brain dead retard

Aaaaaaand two hidden posts. Easy.

Out of morbid curiosity, name your Top 10 films of all time.

they literally ripped of korean films

end of evangelion
ghost in the shell
akira
your name
spirited away

>Aaaaaaand two hidden posts. Easy.
The state of this redditor

>muted :^)
please fuck back off to reddit

Favourites in no order:

Amadeus
Woman in the Dunes
The Hidden Fortress
Once Upon a Time in America
Stalker
Apocalypse Now Redux
High & Low
The Thing
The Wages of Fear
TGTB&TU

you really showed them up by hiding their posts, good job

>Apocalypse Now Redux

Thanks for proving what a pleb you are. Pretty pathetic desu.

I can't believe you greentexted a film from my favourite films and used it to mock my taste without explanation. I did not see this coming.

Redux is better even if your eyes roll into the back of your fat head and you stare at your phone during the French plantation scenes.

They both sucked. Now what cunts?

you go gurl

Matrix
Event Horizon
Matrix 2
Gone Girl
Matrix 3
Finding Nemo
Signs
Matrix

No. Apocalypse Now is literally 'try hard' war film that tries to be something it's not. It doesn't want to be an action flick, so it pretends it's some deep anti-war drama and "war is hell" shit that has been done better by other films. The fact the entire fucking monologue scene between Sheen and Brando being completely fucking 'on edge' because Brando was drunk. He was also fucking fat and they had to shoot everything in the dark (cause of his massive hangovers) and have him mumble so nobody could see his fat belly (some ultra soldier being some fat fuck? Great!).

Sheen also had a heart attack on Apoc Now and that effected the entire thing. Apoc Now is what people call a 'try hard' film. Now this does not mean it's not good. I'm not saying that before you get rumblerustled. But it's not a Top 10 film. Top 50? Maybe.Top 25? Probably not.

Now if I argue my next points, you'll just bring up "b-b-but I'm talking about the Redux version from 2001! With all those extra scenes which TOTALLY change the film!". Apocalypse Now was competing with Zulu Dawn, All Quiet on the Western Front, all of which did a 'war' story better than Apoc Now. 1941 did comedy war film. So you're left with doing character arcs and anti-war films. Especially since 'Nam is still fresh in peoples minds.

tl;dr Apoc Now was created because it was competing with people who did things better than they did, they just got lucky with the 'gimmick' they went with. It was a clusterfuck of a production and nearly didn't get made.

Happy now?

Don't pretend to be me, faggot.

>great
Low quality shit.
Crank 1 and 2 were great.

Nah
T. Korean

Better be good, moon face, I am watching it later.

I've already watched this movie tonight and might just boot it up again thanks to this thread. Thanks, lad.

are you implying 1941 wasn't trash? Even tropic thunder was better and that's a legit 1/10 flick

>Apocalypse Now is literally 'try hard'
>Mentioning imdb trivia for no reason
>Apoc Now is what people call a 'try hard' film
...?
>"b-b-but I'm talking about the Redux version from 2001! With all those extra scenes which TOTALLY change the film!"
They do?

Nobody likes Zulu Dawn or the TV movie version of AQOTWF (except me). You're thinking of Zulu.
>1941 did comedy war film.
O-ok.
>tl;dr Apoc Now was created because it was competing with people who did things better than they did, they just got lucky with the 'gimmick' they went with

You wrote so much but I don't think you said anything. I get the distinct impression you didn't watch the films you're namedropping.

>Keanu is the weakest part of the movie.
Nigger, Keanu is what makes the movie great. If he didn't know how to operate so well it would just be another jump-cut action movie like everything else.

youtube.com/watch?v=rCIgpUTvfsA

Which literally ripped off Hong Kong films.

This, it's so refreshing to see a fun, yet somewhat realistic portrayal of firearms in a movie. My only gripe is that it seemed like most of the henchmen were running straight at him even with guns in their hands. But realistically speaking, most normies can't tell an authentic gun scene from an unrealistic one.

>not a single trained assassin went for a headshot on wick

what did they mean by this

Look at the 2D surface of your head, compare to the area of your body. "Oh, shit, THAT is why training always says aim for the center of mass!'

oh okay user

even though he faced an equal opponent and he had been doing it himself the entire movie

A shot to the head is very difficult, especially if they see it coming. Flinching your head, which can happen reflexively, can easily get it out of the way very quickly of a headshot even at close range because you only need to move it a few inches.

John usually puts several rounds center mass first to distract their attention or send them into shock before shooting them in the head. It's rare anyone else in the movie gets the same opportunity back.

"Someone get this man a gun" was a good line. The Applebees line was pretty shit though.

I don't think the cinematrophy is overly great, but I do love the shots on New York.

What are some other good films that feature prominent shooting around New York? Things like Manhattan and Metropolitan.

No it wasn't.

>Also the music was good in JW1
That terrible fucking Marilyn Manson song played multiple times.

>The Applebees line was pretty shit though.
t. faggot with sense of humor and time spent around poor people