Why no Half Life movie? There's tons of source material. Also cast Freeman

Why no Half Life movie? There's tons of source material. Also cast Freeman.

Other urls found in this thread:

movieweb.com/portal-half-life-movie-jj-abrams-still-happening/
steamed.kotaku.com/the-most-interesting-answers-from-gabe-newells-ama-1791313495
ign.com/articles/2016/03/12/jj-abrams-portal-half-life-movies-still-happening
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No audience

It has been forgotten, there is no audience.

yes, this game with a non-talking protagonist that's 95% action setpieces would make a good movie. good call Sup Forums

>idris elba and he talks
>rashida jones as alyx but she is the main >character and also writing
>produced by avi arad
>direcred by rupert sanders

Also, a movie couldn't be made out of Halo that was guaranteed to print money. Half Life will never even be a whisper in a board room.

>maisie williams as headcrab

>actually getting to see Freeman
>Freeman talks
Do not want.

terrible idea, wouldn't work. Hugh Laurie

>Freemans first words are endorsing the immigrants

DROPPED

>Why no Half Life movie?

user.... at least use google before asking questions

movieweb.com/portal-half-life-movie-jj-abrams-still-happening/

Peter Jackson had some test footage of his try at Halo floating around that looked alright. The camerawork and effects looked sorta like District 9.

I would watch it if it was like Hardcore Henry.

>Hardcore Henry hivemind

That's what I was referring to. The test footage was amazing. But our version of reality is the shitty mirror version to the amazing version.

What? Gabe literally confirmed the movie was going to be released a few weeks ago.

Look up GabeNewellBellview or whatever his reddit username is and see, it was in a recent AMA.

nobody cares about it anymore
hl2 aged horribly and should be forgotten
hl 1 is amazing but should not be a movie

john boyega as morgan freeman
naomi watts as the female
bryan cranston as bad tower man
morgan freeman as gravity gun

Leslie jones would be perfect to play Dawg

terrible idea unless they make it about the first game and a character other than freeman but that ship sailed long ago

It's going to be fucking awful if it tries to follow the corse of the games. An action drama about city 17 or some cronenberg horror type shit that takes place during the black mesa incident could totally be cool though.

Gordon is only 27 years old though

yeah, and that's the problem.

The universe/broad story/setting would certainly provide enough for a solid film or even tv series, but it couldnt' follow the game.

So any type of adaptation would from the very start draw complaints from fans for 'deviating' from the source material

this Jew actor RDJ as Gordon

>first movie is about an unexperienced scientists slaughtering everyone just to go kill a giant floating fetus in speehs
>second movie is that same guy slaughtering everyone in the state, despite the aliens being so advanced they subjugated humanity in 8 hours, just to go jump out of the window in the end
>also gun CGI has to be just confetti popping out while the actors shake the plastic props, so that it's faithfull to the gameplay

The movie is happening, but I don't know if it's a good idea or not.

>not hardcore henrying it

this

where have you been the past 20 yrs

>With Ross Scott as Gordon Freeman

This tbqh

steamed.kotaku.com/the-most-interesting-answers-from-gabe-newells-ama-1791313495

Ron Livingston would be the perfect Barney

If you make it an anthology series about the 7 Hour War it could be interesting. Just do 7 hour long episodes told from multiple points of view of just regular people and only have things alluding to the games (Black Mesa and whatever else) in the background. Each episode could be one hour of "in-world" time like 24 does.

>office workers in the city
>Government officials
>regular family out in the country
>military squad

idk just some ideas

obviously they would all end with everyone getting their shit pushed in by the combine but the last episode could be all Dr. Breen getting manipulated by G-man into surrendering or something

I want a HL1 movie that merges Freeman's, Shephard's and Calhoun's storylines. Is that too much to ask?

Halo failed because of Microsofts cockiness during negotiations. Go read an article.

It better have physics puzzles.

closest we will get is the mist

Oh I have a good one

>black or female character

Hi Sup Forums. Please stop trying to get movies to be like videogames and we'll stop trying to get videogames to be like movies, that way we can both be happy. Thanks.
Yours truly,
Sup Forums

It's called The Mist

>The Mist

ign.com/articles/2016/03/12/jj-abrams-portal-half-life-movies-still-happening

It would work maybe from a perspective of a small group of rebels trying to break someone out of a Combine installation or something, with a similar setup to a heist movie or a lower-key action movie like Where Eagles Dare.

You can't put Gordon in a major role because not speaking is a big part of what people know about him, but you could have him happen to be nearby and the Combine call away some of their forces to deal with him or reference him through radio chatter.

The reason it hasn't been done is because what people really want is half life 3 to continue the story, anything other than that will have less appeal while still being very difficult to pull off.

A HL movie is so easy to do it's dumb, just follow the events of the movie and change things up. You just have to have someone with Gordon and blam.

>HL1
>Gordon and Barney, Barney talks a lot, Freeman reacts a lot but never speaks, they go through a quicker version of the events of the game.

>HL2
>Gordon and Alyx are united much earlier, same shit.
Done.

>cast freeman
Pic related, if Gordon is completely silent, you need someone that can do good facial expressions, since that's how he's going to be developed.
Goose is fucking amazing with just his face, I'm serious, dude has range.

Casting Alyx is the hardest part, what are some blasian actresses today?

She'd actually make a decent Issac Kleiner.

Holy shit, did they model the dude after him or what

it will be Ryan Reynolds and he will be quipping non stop from start to finish

>'woah Alix a lot of crabs here, seems like we should postpone our date, you wouldn't like if anything bad happens to my crowbar!'
>winks to the camera

>95% action setpieces
Are we talking about the first, or the second game? Because the first game is good whereas the second game is 95% cutcenes.

hey, you're right

Pic related would be best Barney.

holy shit this pic is just like bioshock infinite

i could see a movie about the first half-life movie from the perspective of all 3 protagonists maybe being cool. they'd have to retcon some stuff to make it work as a movie though

>movie about the first half-life movie
haha i'm retarded :DDD

kill yourself

>somehow dr breen is an allegory for trump
>the combine and the resistance work together to stop the head crabs for some reason
>instead of alien overlords the combine are minorities people
>interracial/interspecies love story between alyx and you combine hero
>no freeman at all

Fund it.

>tfw no barney calhoun movie

>There's tons of source material
Not really, Half Life has always been focused on gameplay, plus the main character never speaks.

???

WELCOME TO THE FAMILY SON

It's not a good game

>777
Bungie is that you?

dude fassbender in everything lmao

Fucking newbs. They only choice is Gary Oldman

He's too old, man.

GO BACK

All these people will be too old by the time a movie ever gets made(or another game for that matter).

ive been saying goose for awhile as him, Gordon isnt supposed to be too old anyways, like only 27 apparently looking it back up

It's hard to make a Half Life movie.

The only HL game that might be a great adaptation is Blue Shift.

>Escape the Black Mesa by taking out marines
>Fix the teleport machine
>Escape the Black Mesa via car
>End

HL3 won't be released, ever, as Valve has realized they will never be able to live up to the built up anticipation, nor could they even begin to hope to profit from it in the same way they have with their previously released skin/hat simulator games.

Prove me wrong.

>video game movies

umm no sweetie xxx

Sam Hyde should play Freeman, he has got the glasses and beard

Barney would be the best part of the movie by default.

The basic premise of Halflife would make a good movie yes. Alien contact via interdimensional travel is your basic plot, spice it up as needed.

I could see a company rivalry movie between black mesa and aperture. like pirates of silicon valley. dr. breen and cave johnson fucking with each other over 20 years then end it with resonance cascade/glados killing everyone.

>HURR DURR Sup Forums PRETENDS LIKE THAT SHITTY FPS FILM WAS GOOD
>HL2 WOULDNT WORK

kys my man

>27
>PhD in theoretical physics

Stop making me feel bad

>There's tons of source material
What you mean FPS action?

There isn't...

>cast Freeman

Also Portal.

>how to tell someone has never played half-life the post

>dude has range

I meant to post an OP with this and probably will, but have you seen the Believer pic related?

best self hating jew acting ever?

shoot, pic related.

Best parts of HL2 are when they just let you explore the levels without interruptions. Like the entire road trip with the antlions and all the abandoned houses and bleak landscapes is absolute kino. It wouldn't work as a movie

If you wanted to make a movie about Half Life, you should make it about the 7 hour war or something.

wtf valve is sjw now?

woah what an original post

It' a sweeping statement, but it's not an outright lie. And the gunplay in HL2 was shit. The pistol is imo one of the worst vidya weapons. Only the crossbow felt ok-ish

>abrams
>after he successfully ruined star wars
No

What is pic related

Valve was sjw before it was cool

>DUDE BLUE N ORANGE
>LMAO

I like the idea

A young Bryan Cranston

Of course it would. Half Life 1 would make a great movie about Gordon's escape from black mesa/his try to launch the rocket and close the portal. It would be like a horror die hard. You'd have to cut the Xen part and the Nihilanth, because it's too over the top and destroys the mystery of it all. Plus the Combine invades anyway.