Why no one builds anything like pick related anymore? where all the creativity gone?

why no one builds anything like pick related anymore? where all the creativity gone?
is it due to jewish influence?

Other urls found in this thread:

gallery.smilingtree.cz/Gothic/Panorama_Praha_Chram_sv_Vita_vecer_090720_x03p_crop.jpg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Show me some Russian creativity, and we will discuss your point, and I do not mean ex-pats who became famous after leaving Russia/USSR.

Classical architecture fell out of style. Hitler was a fan, and tried to revive it, but he died.

>'let's just throw gaudy statues all over it until you can't see the building'
>creativity

why no one use infantry square like pic related anymore? where all the creativity gone? is it due to jewish influence?

>How to detect virgins

Wow great argument lad, you sure showed us. Well done.

You're implying aesthetic styles are equivalent to technological innovations. The only argument needed to rebut you is to call you a faggot. So ahem.

You are a faggot.

>is it due to jewish influence
Wouldnt even be possible without jew golds

Sure like build buildings out of stone again, what could possibly go wrong.

Ehm you do know Russia had one of the best buildings made and architect's beside the commie buildings. Pretty sure USA doesn't have any city that could beat ST petersburg alone

The fact that you need people to show you this shows that you need to go back to school, kid

>Advances in architectural techniques renders certain aesthetics obsolete.

You are this dumb. People still build houses of fucking bricks moron. Just because new techniques emerge doesn't mean old techniques suddenly stop working. Architecture isn't computing. For that matter, you can incorporate new architectural techniques and materials into an old style, to create a new piece.

The whole point of this thread is to bemoan the current fad of modernism in architecture vs classical designs, not for you to go "Hurr the reason nobody wears robes anymore is because we invented polyester."

As though technological advances alone dictated trends in aesthetics.

Like anyone should take advice from someone that went to school in Texas... idiot

>what is St. Petersburg, Russia

Because back when whites ruled society we did cool shit just because we could. Now that Jews are running the show we can only do something if shekels are involved.

There's actually a good kikebook page on this topic.
Check it out
kikebook.com/ArchMMXII/

Germans lost the war

>why no one builds anything like pick related anymore?
Because it's costly. Nowadays you have to build big and tall to get the highest possible return on your investment

it's unfortunately a current in all of art, be it paintings or music or architecture or drama or sculpture.
Proportions and decorations are seens as something spurious and disturbing. Today things have to be either abstract to a level where it's not recognisable as art anymore, or purely functional where the boredom and lack of imagination hits you in the face like a truck.

In architecture this is reinforced by having new materials and techniques like complete glass and steel facades.
It would be easier and cheaper than ever to create really great buildings, instead we decide to make them bland and lackluster and call it "modern".
It's a shame. I hate modern architecture.

Yes, you are right, that the architecture is nowadays mostly spoiled and it is a pitty...

But even today some pearls like this "Dancing house" are built, but it is rather rare...

The glass and steel is more practical to build, to maintain and live, it is light-weight and there is more light inside...

I think most architects just simply cant design in the classical style anymore.

Peoples view on what is "creative" has changed

>Germans lost the war

Bullshit.
Even in the 1920 Bauhaus and the exhibition on "Internationales Bauen" were en vogue. Hitler built some sort of Neoclassicistic style but I really don't like it - it has nothing to do with the great artworks from the antiquity or the middle ages or the Renaissance or anything.

But the malaise in city planing and architecture we see today ultimately started with Adolf Loos who built pic related at around 1910 in the heart of Vienna - directly behind the Hofburg.

Don't know about you guy, but we still got it.

Long story short: art's dead. It's all about ""modern"" """expression""".

Looks like it's made out of feces desu.

too expensive

Idk I am not a feces expert like you I guess.

you call pic related a "pearl" ?!?
That's awful. It doesn't fit at this corner at all and it has no symmetry and no regularity and it's style totally falls apart with this curvy glass thing to the left and the strange pillar-like structure in the centre. There is nothing that catches your first view and guides the eye. I don't even know where the entrace to that building is.
Your pic is worst case in my eyes.

>The glass and steel is more practical to build, to maintain and live
Not even. It's pretty expensive and it hard to mantain a good climate in these buildings. Also cleaning them.

>it is light-weight and there is more light inside...
In the age of mass electrification and cheap LED lights.

I want window benches back. They are sooo comfy.

>I think most architects just simply cant design in the classical style anymore.

Yes, it's deliberately not tought anymore. I know 2 or 3 architects and all they know about proportionality is from architectural history.
Building historistic buildings is outright discouraged in universities.

>muh old buildings

Say what you will about their designated shitting streets, that's pretty cool

Yes, Dancing house is really like "Dancing", it has an "expression" of something...

> it has no symmetry and no regularity and it's style totally falls apart with this curvy glass thing
Would you probably most prefer the gray cube ? It is most symmetric, most regular, it does not fall apart and is not curvy... (Otherwise gray sphere would be more regular and symmetric, but is curvy...)

About cleaning glass surface - much easier than to clean a stone building facade...

agreed

you're a faggot

> In the age of mass electrification and cheap LED lights.

Take a silver CD (not the blue or green for computer, but silver with "printed" music), make rainbow from various light sources and enjoy...

Best spectrum has got the Sun light and _candles_ - by far degree, heat-bulb (old light-bulb) is worse, the fluorescent tubes and led lamps are by far the worse "white" light, and yellow sodium lamps are just that, black-yellow is light black&white...

>posts a building from a jewish artchitect

Because why pay a fortune for masonry buildings like that in this day and age? We have fucking steel and glass and need to build tall in modern cities

>is it due to jewish influence?
>influence

No, it's just literally jews

Because Jews. Jews simultaneously won't pay for anything and expect to take enormous sums for themselves. So, let's say that building project is worth $1M. The Jew will demand $2M for himself, making the math impossible. Or the Jew may take $950K for himself, leaving nowhere near enough to buy materials and hire workers. The latter is basically the American corporate model, enriching useless talkers at the expense of all else.

Lol, how do you even come up with this shit?

Experience dealing with jews in real estate and licensing.

So Jews are the only financers of new construction and they make any new building economically unfeasible by demanding too high a share in the expected profits?

>Would you probably most prefer the gray cube ?
That's excatly what I don't want, but you have to have some regularities otherwise it's completely random and doesn't look like anything.
It's about striking the right balance between an ornamental facade with some complexity and something that's just bland brutalism.

Your dance house doesn't even have a proper roof, but some quirky shit on top of it. It just doesn't look like a house at all.

>cleaning stone building facade
why? Maybe once in a lifetime.

True, they have a limited spectrum, but that's getting better in the coming years and you could still use halogen lamps if you insist.

Also: I'm not against large windows (pic related) but if there's no structure in between them, like some load-bearing walls or columns it just doesn't look like a house anymore. It's what the Bauhaus people called the "Auflösung der Ecken" (dissolving the edges) that decoupled the actual walls of a building that hold the roof up and the windows.

>le all modern art is degenerate thread

this is literally one of the subjects that i wouldnt even mind being banned form this board. Most of you people have little to no knowledge or experience with arts, probably little to no education on art (which might be embarrasing to most of you, since i doubt many of you are able to tell at least two painters from your countries). literally, this whole area falls out of your expertise, art as a subject needs to be taught to people. because people in general have extremely terrible and infantile tastes, im not even targeting the pop scene. im talking about the russian golden youth, arabian sheiks. majority of people are tasteless shits that have no idea how colors, composition etc works and its extremely easy to lower their standards and convince them a pile of shit is an excellent artwork.

Go ahead, regurgitate some fright wing talking points. That's how I can spot you do-nothings a mile away. You never try anything yourself so you can't tell when another do-nothing is blowing smoke up your ass.

>gaudy statues
i want to believe this is bait, but i actually know people this ignorant

"Jew" is a mindset as much as it is a religious/cultural sect. So yes, Jews interfere by making funding, acquisition, operation, etc too onerous.

the lake on the left Looks like POO

>look at me im conservatist elitist and my arguments are absolutely vague

youre a retard if you think that its out of place and doesnt fit there, because everything thats new was at one point out of place and didnt fit there. literally there is overwheling documentation about people from any period of time complaining about the approach of a new art period. people during classicism said romantism and biedemeier is degenerate and useless shit, people hated revavalism for its innacurate modern projection and said that any historistic building is just a pathetic attempt to get into the monumentality of now-passed styles. hell, monarchs of egypt complained abou the stylistic changes that came with the roman empire trade and said its all degnerate.

i dont see any profitability, any worth in restraining ourselves to a conservative approach you propose. i see many posibilites of aesthetic discovery and experimentation in gehrys architecture for example and enjoy most of it. thinking that gehrys stylization is somehow final and will not get overlayed by something new in 50 years is illogical.

I dunno brah; theres an amazing amount of new construction where i live

You would know better, Germany is no less than a Refugee poo now.

Yes, once they were building things like this one, but only with the modern lightning it becomes truly magical...

Original in 150 Mpix (38Mb) resolution
gallery.smilingtree.cz/Gothic/Panorama_Praha_Chram_sv_Vita_vecer_090720_x03p_crop.jpg

indirectly. statues, fancy moulding, expansive mosaics, etc. all require the labor of skilled crafts people.

nailing panes of glass to a steel I-beam cage can be done by a few teams of mexicans for less than what you were paying the sculptor, especially if they "can't find" their papers.

Good lord user you blew him the fuck outchhere ya herd

I'm a fan of certain concrete brutalist architecture. Especially when it contrasts with more typical contemporary glass/steel designs.

Beautiful modern London skyline

Don't mind him Mundeep. I personally think the POO meme should be reserved only as a reply for poor quality posts.

What have Jews ever built besides a dumbass whaling wall?

>singapore
Of course you don't care, you guys just looked at the modern West and decided to copy every single bit of it.

>muh skyscrapers xDDDDDDD

Thank you.

Is this a relatively new build?

>""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""Beautiful"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Started in 2005 completed in 2010.

Nice

All of western society used to cater to the aristocratic class. Artists survived through aristocratic sponsorship. And so, all of the west's cultural output mirrored the taste of western aristocracy (our generational cream of the crop). After World War 1, the aristocracy was overthrown, worldwide, by Jewish merchant interests. And we've been in a race to the bottom ever since.

>>look at me im conservatist elitist
Why am I elitist?

>youre a retard if you think that its out of place and doesnt fit there, because everything thats new was at one point out of place and didnt fit there.
Not an argument.
Yes, I do think it doesn't fit there. It's not even respecting the urban block as it stands out into the walkways.
Why does that make me a retard? The only thing it is accomodating is the eaves height, but that's about it. It has 6 upper floors, whereas the ones to the left and right have 4 + attic story.

>literally there is overwheling documentation about people from any period of time complaining about the approach of a new art period.

Yeah, no shit nigger. Isn't that a very conservative argument?
>People have always complained about new styles, therefore our new one cannot be bad, either.
It's a self-immunising way of evading the discussion.
I do think that a barrock building shouldn't be in a gothic city core and I find the cathedral in Salzburg out of place. Same with the renaissance fountain thing not far from it.

In the end it's a matter of taste and I hate the aesthetics of modern architecture. I have yet to find a modern building that I prefer over a historistic or classicistic or even Jugendstil one. Between 1750 and 1920 was the pinnacle of architecture, imo. And that covers several styles, of course.
pic related is train station Keleti in Budapest. Great!

>i dont see any profitability, any worth in restraining ourselves to a conservative approach you propose.

>thinking that gehrys stylization is somehow final and will not get overlayed by something new in 50 years is illogical.
Of course not. It's not the end of (architectural) history.
And that's not what I said. I'm saying I don't like where modern architecture is going AT ALL. But I'm aware that I will have to live with the stuff that's being built right now for the next 50 years. I just hope they build it somewhere where I don't have to look at it.

Your not allowed to create such things because of the offence it will create to the negro, arab and muslim.

There is no longer an educated aristocracy that decides what to do. Decision are taken by a mixture of free market and democratic decision.

Imagine being in a hospital where the neurosurgeon is confined in his beautiful office with only his title left for him while patients are having their skulls cut open by janitors and accountants.

this building to commie block is like a complicated romance to a fapping

now what do you choose?

watch out, they have Moscow, Petersburg and shit

>Show me some russian creativity

Jesus Christ, is there a bottom to your educational retardation America?

How much of a dickhead you are

In the past, such buildings were one of the very few ways to spend vast sums of wealth in a way that was personally gratifying. Nowadays, rich people can buy all sorts of premium commodities, and play with their money in the market, so the demand for buildings like those has gone down.

This monstrosity is real and I have to walk past it every day

What the fuck man

I want to puke

Sadness intensifies.

The main reason is because of the cost/utility ratio. Classic architecture is great, but it is expensive and you can't build it big. Modern skyscrapers need lightweight exteriors to get as tall as they are. Stone and marble are not good for that. Also no real-state developer is going to make a classically styled residential building or officer building. It's to expensive.

Also architecture just like art changes over time. Is what the Jews like to say. Really it's just the jews wanting to make more money.

What happened?

Looks like one of those climbing walls

I was thinking the same, pastabro.

The West died.

This is depressing.

>Also architecture just like art changes over time
This is not a valid argument. Changes can also happen under the banner of beauty, as it was for centuries.

Also, modern skyscrapers are fine. Here we are talking about this garbage:

the best thing is that the Brits bombed 97% of Cologne but the main station was pretty much intact. It was deliberately "modernised" in the 70s because it looked to "martialic" and out of the Wilhelmian epoch.
One of the best train station buildings out there.
It's an allegory on the steam engine. The tower is supposed to be the chimney the entrance hall with the dome is the tank and the round thing is the main traction wheel.

It most likely got destroyed in war. We germans are still a sucker for those old buildings and try to put them under historic preservation.

uh okay... so is modern art shit or what? i'm not an expert but do i really have to be to prefer rembrandt to rothko? to find my modern surroundings hideous? you know people save up for years and years to afford to travel to europe to see the beautiful architecture there yeah?

>he has never seen the glory that is the Moscow underground network

Don't bring God Emperor Trump into this, you dumb shit.

My architect friend masturbates to Zaha Hadid.

They force the ugly post-modern aesthetic on students until thats all they know how to design.

Everything is just weird curves, with shit sticking out at random spots.

This is like a prime example of everything wrong with architecture you nigger

What I don't understand is that some people point out errors in Hitler's work as if it adds to the argument that he is an evil and bad person, 'Look the anatomy in this drawing isn't perfect, look and laugh at this pathetic evil bastard, don't forget the six million!'.

What would be the point of art school anyway if you already knew how to paint and draw perfectly?

Real construction or manufactured loss construction?

Thats horrible... We lost some nice things here in Denmark too to "modernisation".

Breaks my heart.

Pic related is Danmarks Monumentet, a monument symbolising Denmark. It was originally placed in a very prominent spot infront of the States Museum of Art but was removed in the 1920'ies because it was considered distasteful and deemed unfit to be called art.

Now it sits in the corner of a park close to the museum and its been allowed to fall into disrepair and parts of it has been stolen.

Quite funny/sad considering the whole thing symbolised Denmark and you could say that it was not just the Monument they threw away it was Denmark itself.

Picture is where it was first placed and i will post where it is now in the next post.

Cheaper not to. They construct building based off how long they want it to last, design accordingly. No one wants that level of intricacy on a 50 year building.

It looks like that sacred pigeon temple you cunts have. Or am I thinking of the one with rats? Those temples do exist right?

> Why isn't it popular anymore?

I don't know, and modern architecture is degenerate. I think what we need now is something new, something creative and something awe-inspiring..

Looks like cancer desu

This is beautiful. So sad.