I don't remember The Fly too well

Does this movie feature any sex scenes?

I need to know because I want to send a copy to my 8 year old niece.

You may remember me from an earlier thread where I was inquiring about The Thing, for the same niece. (She loved it and Alien too.)

That's the problem, those are literally the only movies I can think of in that vein; I was never huge into horror, but I like those two movies when I was her age and now. I seem to recall liking The Fly, and it's similar monster/gore stuff. Fly 2, too, so my childhood memories might be unreliable.

I don't have a copy on hand, and I want to know if there is any dickin' in this picture. I don't think I can reasonably send my niece a copy of a movie with a sex scene in it, even if it's a good movie.

Slightly unrelated: If I put The Thing or Alien into Amazon, the "people who bought this also bought" section is mostly trash, and if it's Alien, The Thing is first on the list. If it's The Thing, Alien is. Is that feature typically reliable?

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt0091064/parentalguide
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If she's watching The Thing, and Alien then who the fuck cares about sex scenes?

I think there's an implied sex scene at the beginning but can't remember.

>Does this movie feature any sex scenes?

it's a cronenberg movie, dude

use your fucking head

theres a full 8 minute hardcore graphic orgy in it

imdb.com/title/tt0091064/parentalguide

lazy cunt

There are a few sex scenes my man. He fuck Geena Davis near the beginning where the fly hair is discovered, and he fucks the whore later too. Plus Geena davis gives birth to a live maggot, so I'm gonna maybe she should be at least 10 before watching this. Or watch it with her

I don't remember. I last saw it when I was 8 or 9.

That's fair. I'm sorry.

Alright, maybe not then. She'll need SOMETHING to watch later, I guess.

Is this supposed to be funny? You might need more medication, or a lot less

What's funny or unusual about this? Movies these days are either streamed or in theaters. That's it. If it isn't in one of those, how else is she going to see them? So I send her DVD copies of movies I liked when I was a kid, because she showed interest in them when we lived near each other.

Her older sister absolutely hates these movies, which is always funny because the younger one torments the older one by having these movies at the ready when it's movie-time.
On that topic, what are some movies like Alien or The Thing that I might look into? Gore and suspense are high marks. She likes zombies, too, though I'm sure she's seen all of those.

A much more modern picture springs to mind, but I never saw it. How is Pan's Labyrinth? Her mother hated that, and she didn't go beyond the first five minutes. Think she might like that?

he didn't The Fly too good

up here boys

This.

The gore outweighs the sex big time though. In actuality, Davis says something like " l'm surprised you have any body fluids left", to a kid it's sweat, to us its implied that its semen.

>How is Pan's Labyrinth?
pretty bad, a movie that's actually suited to 8yo's, like most of del taco's stuff

Really? I wonder why my sister recoiled at the sight of the hand-eye guy.

Is this the definition of a 'murrica thread?

Sending an 8 year old movie an incredibly disturbing movie featuring horrible scenes of transfiguration but OH BOY THERE'D BETTER BE NO REAL HUMAN CONTACT IN THERE

It's just that I think her mother would object.

All movies around that time had sex and mandatory boobs. Now its like walking the tightrope with kids. I personally wouldn't send it unless mom approved.

Two fuck scenes, unnatural birth and his dick that fell off in the medicine cabinet? On a side note, Davis and Goldblum were very much newly in love at that time, so that's authentic.

That's a thing I always am surprised by. Movies that I watched in totality when I was 7, 8 or 9, upon adulthood rewatching feature nudity and sex scenes. Like, I get that to kids if they don't know what it is, their brains just gloss over it, but yeah, it's my sister, her mom. I know that she outright objected to the kids watching Deadpool but their dad let them, and it seemed to go-over okay. There's boobs, sex and sex jokes in that, too.

Boobs in Robocop. I keep meaning to send her Robocop, but it's kind of plodding, even if it starts with a shotgun crucifixion. I certainly don't want her to get bored.

I guess I'll send my sister The Fly and have her go at it... which she won't do because it would terrify her. Spend the $15 today and find out in 6 years if my niece likes it.

It's a great movie to add to your collection right now user. Last time I watched it was on DVD, maybe the bluray has some nifty new stuff. Its a perfect gross out with tits movie if you had a nephew.

I consider my youngest niece to be the nephew. Not to get all post-modern and SJW. She's a maniac.

But yeah, my wife watched the original Fly on Netflix a few weeks ago, having never heard of it or seen it or heard of or seen the remake. I was confused by her on that day. I guess we probably talked about buying it at the time because she could even recall the Kids in the Hall skit where (I think) Scott Thompson, as a middle-aged woman is terrified that Jeff Goldblum is a fly in her house, and it just boggles my mind she didn't know what the fuck that was a joke about.

I haven't seen the Fly remake since I was a kid, so maybe there's the happy medium. I'll buy it now, watch it with the old lady, then in a few years shoot it over to my niece so she can terrorize her then old-enough-to-drink older sister.

Here's an idea, watch every film you make your niece watch to make sure of the content yourself.

Around Halloween my kids (girls 8 and 10) were introduced to A nightmare on elm street the original and part 3. I assumed they weren't that bad because Freddy Krueger is a clown and almost on par with Bugs Bunny. How wrong I was, my decades of desensitization clouded my judgement and I was dealing with straight up Freddy-phobia long after. It sounds like you know what your doing though user. Maybe have your wife watch more sensitive shows along with your niece. They can turn the horror into fun by screaming and sort of stuff. Good luck.

Well, in this case, I have seen The Fly. I just don't remember it. So, boom, semantic-destruction.

* along with you and your wife

>semantic-destruction.
You don't remember it so rewatch it is the only option.
The alternative is getting anonymous shitposters to say yes let your very young family member watch that film.
Why exactly are you sending your 8yr old niece films to watch that aren't suitable for that age range?

half the time youd see the movies on cable as a kid and didnt get shit like nudity.

When I was younger, the movies that terrified me were laughable even then, and even through adolescence I lived in perpetual fear of Grey Aliens, coming in my room at night. But that was the thing, the movie Alien never scared me, it just outright fascinated me. I think my niece got whatever gene, through my sister, that I got from our dad.

Thank you for your vote of confidence. I'll certainly never send her copies of Child's Play, The Blob or Ghoulies. That being said, Ernest Scared Stupid is in a bundled DVD with three of those other movies, so, I hope it doesn't scar her like it did me.

I feel for your kids, being scared of something fucking sucks, especially if it's a movie.

On a lighter note, the older niece fell in love with (and was simultaneously terrified by) Gollum from when we sat down to watch Lord of the Rings. I did then what you're saying, acting scared and doing over-the-top screaming.