What is the point of the gimmick on this show?

What is the point of the gimmick on this show?

Instead of:
>What is 2 + 2?
>4

it's:
>2 + 2 is this
>What is 4?

How does that improve the game show experience? Are there any "questions" where you actually get a hint or a new understanding because of the way it's "asked"?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1950s_quiz_show_scandals
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Answer me this, OP. How old are you and what country are you from?

97 and Peru

It's kind of like thinking backwards. The real game is about the money not the questions.

The host isn't asking questions, he's saying statements.
The contestants are asking the questions

>Are there any "questions" where you actually get a hint or a new understanding because of the way it's "asked"?

Literally almost every question you fucking retard.

This is why Jeopardy is more than just a trivia pop quiz; you have to look for hints in the clue and process it into a correctly phrased response quickly.

alex trebek is dumb as hell.

Give me 1 example

...right, how does that improve the show?

DELET THIS

Cause it knocks doofus' that can't follow the rules some money

They give the contestants the answer. The contestants then have to give the question.

Jeopardy is loved for that one time Sup Forums was mentioned on there

i figure the real reason is the audience needs more time to think than the contestants and they just ignore the "what is" part.

>They give the contestants the answer. The contestants then have to give the question.

...right, how does that improve the show?

Jeopardyfags just repeat the gimmick without having a reason why it's popular

Why is it better the other way?

it doesn't
however, it is how the show has always been done, so they aren't going to change it

My money is on lengthening out the response time so the answer can come to you. It's normal to see the quick buzzers go "what...issss........4?"

I'd never thought of that. Makes sense.

No. It's because of the quiz show scandals: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1950s_quiz_show_scandals

Because if it was question - answer then it would just be like every other generic gameshow.

Try to realize how stupid you sound when you ask 'how does that make it better?' You assume they're trying to make it better, but they're just trying to make it different.

Compare it to movies. For example, a lot of movies portray the fight between good and evil. Now if every movie was about handsome hero saving a damsel in distress from the evil anti-hero portrayed in the same way it would be boring. So they change it up a bit, maybe the hero isn't all that good, or the anti-hero isn't all that bad. Maybe it happens on a water planet, maybe in Space, maybe in the past.

Look up variations on a theme in classical music. Can you say the composer is trying to make it 'better' which is somewhat subjective, or is he trying to make it a bit different so it has a slightly different effect on the listener.

>and the lack of then-current regulations prohibiting the rigging of game shows
We don't need regulation! People can make fair agreements and uphold them. :^)