Why is the 2010s going to be the worst decade in film history it was invented? Only 2000 was nearly as bad

Why is the 2010s going to be the worst decade in film history it was invented? Only 2000 was nearly as bad.

Think about good movies from the 90s, 80s or 70s, you can name a shitton.

But good movies from this decade? Mmm... Maybe the Revenant? It wasn't really thaat good, anyways. 12 Years a Slave was good but Sup Forums can't accept it. The rest are pretty unremarkable.

>not understanding how retrospection works.

You probably liked Transformers, faggot

Because people don't actually experience anything anymore. Thirty, fourty years ago you had existential struggle, you had forbidden love, there was a society telling you how to behave, average people went to war. When people back then remembered their youth, they thought of all their life-altering experiences. When people today remember their youth, they think of the movies they watched.
So instead of referencing the real world in movies, they reference other movies. Film itself as an art will slowly die, because it becomes more and more difficult to relate to the viewers as they don't do anything interesting themselves.

Because back then the formula hadn't beed perfected

social network and grand budapest hotel only worth mentioning there

If you have pleb taste maybe... like your pic.

I could name 20-30 masterpieces. 2000s were good.

But all those things still happen. Not in Western society, but they happen somewhere else in the world.

Name them bitch. Probably 70% of them are foreign films anyway

This. Looking to bring to life an Australian Neorealism movement over the next three years. We're going to bring cinema back.

You really wanna hear em? It's obviously a personal taste. I don't even watch foreign language films.

the 2000s were worse. the fallout of 9/11 and then the Iraq war was like a big dump all over american culture

I meant to say I dont watch foreign language films often.

>american 'culture'
AAAAAAMERIKEKS ACTUALLY BELIEVE THIS HAHAAHAHAHAHHA REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

What about

La La Land

Boy and the World

It's Such a Beautiful Day

World of Tomorrow

Anomalisa

Whiplash

Drive

Civil War

Mad Max: FR

Star Wars

Guardians of the galaxy

The Witch

X-Men

Edge of Tomorrow

Skyfall

Dawn Of The Planet of the Apes

The Lego Movie

Star Trek movies

Ex Machina

Her

12 years a Slave

Winter Soilder

The Jungle Book

The Imitation Game

The Nice Guys

Moana

Gravity

Zootopia

Birdman

Kubo

Selma

Kubo

The Edge of Seventeen?

Just a few named.

Yeah tell me your favs

>la la land
Stopped reading

But really. Shit list.

We talking movies and film or only kinos?

Movies

Its the best decade for cartoons so far. Animated children's films are better than they ever have been, it is no longer seen as just "for kids" they actually have decent plots, good actors and whatever else, multibillion dollar industry

Silence
The Hunt
Only God Forgives
The End of the Tour
Black Swan
Bridge of Spies
Enemy
Macbeth
The Bling Ring
Somewhere
Gravity
Ex Machina
War Horse
Super 8
Oblivion
Fury
Skyfall
The Revenant
Noah
Under the Skin
A Most Violent Year
Inside Llewyn Davis
The Perks of Being A Wallflower
Anomalisa
Sully
Sicario
The Social Network
Whiplash
Deathly Hallows P. 1
Her

I'm certainly not going to say the 10s have been the best decade for movies ever, but there have been some great films made in it. I've given 20 a 9/10 or higher.

At least we got one kino, There Will Be Blood.

>civilwar
>star wars
>zootoopia
>kubo
>lego movie
>guardians of the galaxy
>winter soldier
>mad max
>moana

Are you 15?

>Every movie from the beginning of the decade used the same fucking sound heard in one meme movie
Inception was complete shit

The Raid 1 and 2
John Wick 1 and 2

Why do people like Django?
Itsa peace of shit

>Only God Forgives
>Bridge of Spies
>The Bling Ring
>War Horse
>Super 8
>Oblivion
>Fury
>Noah
>The Perks of Being a Wallflower
>Sully
>Deathly Hallows

WHAT THE FUCK. How can like half of your list be alright and the other half be fucking trash?

>Its such a beautiful day
Great film.

Nice bait faggot

>Think about good movies from the 90s, 80s or 70s, you can name a shitton.
People tend to forget all the really bad movies of the past and only remember the good ones. Meanwhile, contemporary bad movies are easy to remember because they're fresh in our minds.

If you ever want to try something, pick a year in the past (like 1985) and look at the wikipedia page for every (not really every, but pretty much) movie released for that year. Sure, you'll immediately spot some good memorable ones, but they'll be in a sea of names you don't recognize because those movies fucking sucked and were either not memorable or were so bad people actively forgot about them.

It's fine to be nostalgic. Just don't be ignorant.

Some user recently pointed out that:

>no notable new IPs, actors, musicians, films, series, books, games, etc came out in the 10s

Social Network and Whiplash were based as fuck

Take Shelter, The Master and Oslo, August 31st are three of my favourite films. Pretty sure there are others too from this decade but those are the three that immediately spring to mind

>Drive
>Nightcrawler
>Grand Budapest Hotel
>Whiplash
>Interstellar?

I think these will be looked back upon fondly

tru dat

Moonrise Kingdom is one of my favorite movies but I can't admit that because it would make me sound like a pedo, maybe I am being stupid about that. I still recommend it to people though.

Its really weird, like we all just turned our brains off during Obama. We all wanted to watch the same things we knew, then there were some nice indie for film fans. Hollywood TRIED to make original IP for us but moviegoers decided they didn't need any sadly. After the 20th bomb it became more on us than them imho.

Yeah, I don't think the average person is Sup Forums, that is basically Gen Z's 2001: A Space Odyssey a normie masterpiece for all time.

Look, I know you were born in the 90s and think that everything "old" is better than anything "new" but the reality is that it takes time to appreciate a decade and what made it special. You think people considered all those fucking action movies from the 80s good back when they were released? Hell no, I can assure you that critics wept for the downfall of cinema back then like they do about capes now.

It's 100% guaranteed that you and everyone else, including kids that aren't even born yet will look back on the 00s and 10s fondly and curse the current decade they're in. You weren't born in the wrong decade, get over it, kys, the end.

Bait

Not to mention a writer's strike that jimmy-jams production for years.

>What is historical perspective
Wait until you grow up before you make ridiculous blanket statements like that.

So how long do I have to wait for shitty movies to suddenly become good!?

10/10

Dunno, some people stay retarded for their entire life.

Don't forget Zodiac and NCFOM.

You need to go back

Nightcrawler

That's it, everything else has been shit so far

moviegoers are, right next to vidya, on the bottom of the rung in terms of understanding canonization

Best list so far but not everything is essential there. Silence was the last movie I didn't regret seeing.

>"Part II's dialogue often sounds like cartoon captions... its insights are fairly lame"
>Vincent Canby, New York Times on the Godfather II

>"A very dark and far too long thriller with many dull moments that would serve the film better by moving along a bit faster."
>Chris Hicks, Deseret News on Blade Runner

>"Inappropriate and wrongheaded interruptions reveal the fragile nature of the plot and prevent it from working...a mess"
>Roger Ebert, Chicago Sun-Times on Die Hard

>"The screenplay of Rocky is purest Hollywood make-believe of the 1930's, but there would be nothing wrong with that, had the film been executed with any verve."
>Vincent Calby, New York Times on Rocky

>"Dramatically unsatisfying"
>Joseph McBride, Variety on Goodfellas

>"It's astonishing that so much money, talent, technical expertise and visual imagination can be put in the service of something so stupid"
>Bob Graham, San Francisco Chronicle on the Matrix

>"Pretentious, abysmally slow, amateurishly acted and, above all, wrong"
>Stephen Hunter, Washington Post on 2001: A space oddyssey

>"The Empire Strikes Back is about as personal as a Christmas card from a bank"
>Vincent Canby, The New York Times on the Empire Strikes Back

>"It is a coarse-grained and exploitative work which depends on excess for its impact. Ashore it is a bore, awkwardly staged and lumpily written"
>Charles Champlin, Los Angeles Times on JAWS

People have totally always known exactly what movies will stand the test of time.

America has become a culture bloated and fat from eating its own shit for so long it can no longer distinguish between a steaming turd and culture worth consuming. Only the looming financial crash can change this. See you on the breadlines comrade..

I don't watch new movies anymore. 80s or older only for me. Some 90s flicks are still okay but that time was already the beginning of when everything went to shit.

Music videos, globalism, political correctness, PG13 and CGI killed cinema dead and it's not coming back any time soon. It's gone. You either get pretentious low budget indie shit or mind-numbingly retarded and bland AAA blockbuster vomit.

can I watch river dale somewhere online? don't have netflix

Spot the infantile manchild... he *likes* childrens brainwashing.

I unironically agree with all of those opinions

>>there have never been morons with bad taste

you got ebert and jewyorktimes guy 3x. bravo. there have always been morons.. whats your next amazing feat of strength genY?

Grand Budapest Hotel was great though...

Am I a bad person for being incredibly happy that Ebert is dead and suffered horribly before dying?

Yup and edgy too

Let's build a wall, around Hollywood, and make the jews pay for it.

I assume everyone that says the 2000s was the worst decade in film is an angsty teenager. Prove me wrong.

It really was. (I'm creeping up on 40.)

>existential struggle, you had forbidden love, there was a society telling you how to behave, average people went to war.

every one of those still happens faggot

I really like these films from the 2010's

The Social Network
Tree Of Life
Birdman
Her
Grand Budapest Hotel
Silence
Nightcrawler
Inside Llewyn Davis
The Master
Skyfall
Prisoners

Those came out in like 2007

>there have always been morons
Exactly, just like OP

probably when you stop being a faggot

good one
>Song of the Sea
>Toni Erdmann
>A Most Violent Year
>Victoria
>Die Wand
>Pieta
>Once Upon a Time in Anatolia
>Frequencies
>Taxi
>Phoenix
>The Forbidden Room
>La vie d'Adele
>Embrace of the Serpent
>Upstream Color
>The Survivalist
>Holy Motors
>Winter Sleep
>Land of Mine
>A Bigger Splash
>The Great Beauty
>Only Lovers Left Alive
just to name a few

Do you hate having fun?

>Maybe the Revenant
Oh my god no

Great movies from 2010s:
Blue Ruin
Hail! Caesar
The Witch
Her
Prince Avalanche
Inside Llewyn Davis
The Great Beauty
Blue Valentine
Animal Kingdom

Very good movies from 2010s:
Kubo
Spotlight
Whiplash
It Follows
Wolf of Wall Street
American Hustle
Snowpiercer
Silver Linings Playbook
Place Beyond the Pines (bar the third act)
The Master
Samsara
Drive
The Social Network
Barney's Version

Grossly Overblown Movies of 2010s:
Anomalisa
The Lobster

Overall not a bad decade. Pretty happy with it. Chin up, OP

>Blue Is The Warmest Color
>Nightcrawler
>Valhalla Rising
>Drive
>Only God Forgives
>The Nice Guys
>The Killer Inside Me
>Hateful Eight
>Super
>Monsters
>The Killing
>Springbreakers
>Trash Humpers
>Maps To The Stars
>The American
>Four Lions
>The Master
>Mad Max Fury Road
>etc etc

I'd almost go so far to say life changing, but I haven't changed anything yet... Still astounding. Left me a wreck.

>Moonrise Kingdom
Haha, I would think it's because there is a vocal segment of the population here who decries Wes Anderson as "reddit," whatever that means.

Were there any movies in the 00s that weren't universally beloved but now have gained affection from the masses?

ITT: contrarian faggots blind to the fact we are currently living a golden age of film and television right before the downfall to a chinese shitfest

good luck holding your breath to see if the chinese can do it better

>The Imitation Game
One of the blandest movies I've ever watched. It's the definition of forgettable Oscar bait.

All of those movies besides Boyhood are a solid 8/10 at least.

Speak for yourself my world's on fire how bout yours that's the way I like it and I never get bored.

The Social Network
Whiplash
Mad Max Fury Road
Manchester by the Sea
Silence
Inside Llewyn Davis
The Hunt
Drive
The Nice Guys
Tree of Life
Interstellar
Nightcrawler
Split
The End of the Tour
Hell or High Water
Prisoners
The Tale of Princess Kaguya
Macbeth
Take Shelter
Mud
The Revenant
Sicario
Ex Machina
Grand Budapest Hotel
Swiss Army Man
Zero Dark Thirty
The Town

>Gravity 10/10

no he was a ponce

This guys gets it

>criticizes the current decade of film

>thinks the revenant is good

your taste is hot garbage

What didn't you like user? I guarantee most of them are underrated or misyndetstood kinos for the few. Granted I tried to pick an array of films I have wide taste.

I don't even lile Refn but OGF was alright. I don't even like Coppola but TBR was kino.

This is actually a great rec list. 9/10

Thanks man. And yea that list is my personal taste. Silence was the last great film I watched as well. Need to watch it again.