Best film never made or Jodorowsky was just crazy and had a massive ego?

Best film never made or Jodorowsky was just crazy and had a massive ego?

Other urls found in this thread:

duneinfo.com/unseen/jodorowskys-dune-uncovered/16
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

He basically wanted to redo it all his own way and the story would have been completely different. Also he wanted to hire Salvador Dali to play a role iirc.

I'm glad Fagdorowsky didn't get to ruin Dune with his retarded ideas
>DUDE HIS BLOOD TURNS INTO SPERM
>MAN AND THEN THE PLANET BECOMES SELF-AWARE LEL
Irrelevant fool

Ya, I watched the documentary, that's why I'm asking

At some parts thought it could have been a great movie but in other parts he sounded like a narcissistic sociopath

little from column a, a little from column b

Both statements are true.
Jodorowsky is not a hack but he's a fucking narcissist

Nah, it would be way to different from the book

He brings to much mysticism to the table, while with Herbert (even though focused on both), logical thinking always prevailed

>I shit on America, capitalist pigs!

>And then nobody gave me 20 gorillion dollars to cast Orson Welles, Dali, my wife's son, and Jesus Christ in the moovie, strange huh?

Is the book any good or just some Star Wars crap?

Nigga, did you never read past Dune?

What your whore mouth
It's much better than any Star Wars crap

Finishing Chapterhouse in a few days

Greatest movie never made was Kubricks Napoleon.

It's got great detail and world building if you're into that nerd shit, but the basic story and characters is just some generic Star Wars crap.

It's basically a ripoff of the story of Muhammad + Alamut.
But it's quite good.

>When I wanted to do the rape scene, I explained to [Mara Lorenzio] that I was going to hit her and rape her. There was no emotional relationship between us, because I had put a clause in all the women's contracts stating that they would not make love with the director. We had never talked to each other. I knew nothing about her. We went to the desert with two other people: the photographer and a technician. No one else. I said, 'I'm not going to rehearse. There will be only one take because it will be impossible to repeat. Roll the cameras only when I signal you to.' Then I told her, 'Pain does not hurt. Hit me.' And she hit me. I said, 'Harder.' And she started to hit me very hard, hard enough to break a rib...I ached for a week. After she had hit me long enough and hard enough to tire her, I said, 'Now it's my turn. Roll the cameras.' And I really...I really...I really raped her. And she screamed. "Then [Mara Lorenzio] told me that she had been raped before. You see, for me the character is frigid until El Topo rapes her. And she has an orgasm. That's why I show a stone phallus in that scene ... which spouts water. She has an orgasm. She accepts the male sex. And that's what happened to Mara in reality. She really had that problem. Fantastic scene. A very, very strong scene.

wew lad

Jews are weird people

LITERALLY /OURGUY/

'In order to insult Duke Leto, David Carradine, Rabban the Beast gets his army, the Algerian army, to pull down their pants in front of the palace and shit. So there's going to be a scene of 2,000 extras defecating at once. So here's Charlotte Rampling, she agrees to meet with Jodo, she gets the script, she reads the script, and she says, "I can't be in a movie where there's 2,000 extras defecating on screen!" '

duneinfo.com/unseen/jodorowskys-dune-uncovered/16

totally jessica.

point out one character in Star Wars who has the depth of Wellington Yueh. the character in the book, not the film.

Both

Everything in the script basically ended up in Barry Lyndon and Eyes Wide Shut at least. Isn't (((Spielberg))) trying to turn it into a Netflix series or some shit

The latter
No wonder he couldn't get money, all he does is rant complete nonsense and complain.

Dark Vaper

Have you watched it? Of course it's the latter. Jodorowsky is out of his fucking mind.

right there.. thats your answer.

Would've been an interesting movie for sure, but it gets overhyped as some potentially lost masterpiece. Namely because the people involved went on to work on great things, and a lot of the designs they had ended up on shit like Star Wars.

There was never a chance of it happening, it was just a delusional stoned guy's fantasy.

It got as far as pre-production so yes there was a chance of it happening

I love the story of how butthurt he got meeting Pink Floyd because he was expecting poet-intellectual types and they were all eating fish n' chips while watching a football match #toplads

Having seen Jodos work, I'm glad he didn't get to make it, it would have been another bullet in Dune's already raped corpse.

He would have made the visuals even weirder and the story even more confusing and altered than Lynch's mess.

It would have been another expensive curio that makes fuck all money, is almost universally panned, but gets wanked over by pretentious contrarians trying to out-intellectual each other looking for meaning that just isn't there.

It not being made gave us Alien and Star Wars, so it's for the best

There's really no sense is saying it's the "best film never made" because it's just dreaming how it COULD'VE been.

Chances are, it would be worse than the Dune we have -- although, the Dune we have isn't that bad.

>false duality

Just go back to pol and read the sticky.

Would've been shit anyway. A complete version of On the Silver Globe on the other hand...