Winter Olympics 2018

Out of fucking nowhere we'll have olympics in 3 months.
What events are you looking forward to?
How will your team do?
What are the chances North Korea kills everyone present?

Get ready for:
>deathslide
>deathhill
>deathslope
>deathpipe
>deathtray
>deathtub

Other urls found in this thread:

nhl.com/news/nhl-will-not-participate-in-2018-winter-olympics/c-288385598
nhl.com/news/history-shows-olympics-dont-help-nhl/c-288389004
time.com/4947041/nhl-players-2018-winter-olympics/
youtube.com/watch?v=COtbszACtJ0
youtube.com/watch?v=Q6ECszlj4Zk
youtube.com/watch?v=VKzlRWMwsy0
youtube.com/watch?v=ctK3tlQtAIc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Hopefully an North Korean athlete gets a medal.

North korea?

I can't wait for on air types to accidentally say PyongYang.

Also comfy biathlon and all this stuff being in in my timezone.

>winter olympics meaning anything

lol

never been less enthusiastic for an olympics.

Why? Burned out because of internet or is your national team not as good?

go away Deshaun

there's a Winter Olympics?

Anyone who isn't looking forward to curling is a retarded pleb.

Post your skifu, lads.

not because of internet, but sports is starting to die for me. football too. not like when i was a kid, the olympics were huge. now they last like a month and then i forget about it right after.

patriotism is kinda dying too for me, doesn't help. only care about my local team now.

who the fuck even watches these """""""""""sports""""""""""""""? I bet more people watch the Paralympics than this faggotry

Can't wait to see my biathlonfu again

Biathlon is the second most watched sport after football in Germany, m8.

Aita Gasparin

>Biathlon is the second most watched sport after football in Germany, m8.
> Watching France wins lmao

Snowboarding but who cares

I just saw Bjordalen is still competing. Is the madman going to pull off another miraculous victory?
I was sure we were watching his retirement in Sochi.

>Yulia retired

This. The hockey tournament has always been the big excitement, at least for Swedish viewers, but now that there won't be any NHL players it simply won't be fun to watch. It will be worse than the WC.

What events are you looking forward to?
the one with the cutest girls

>but now that there won't be any NHL players
why is that

I really hope our ski jumpers get their shit together. Our team has been declining in the last few years..

nhl.com/news/nhl-will-not-participate-in-2018-winter-olympics/c-288385598
nhl.com/news/history-shows-olympics-dont-help-nhl/c-288389004
time.com/4947041/nhl-players-2018-winter-olympics/

the ioc and nhl dont like each other

but I am white

NHL wants to jew their players association by using olympics as leverage for the new CBA deal that will be had in two years.

difficult to choose, all the events are /comfy/ and have cute grills

>Biathlon's

>curling
>biathlon
>shitposting in hockey threads

Ski Cross is my favourite

I can't believe a thread with 30 replies doesn't have any dutch sweepposting.

Will the South Korean national anthem be sung as amazingly as the Russian one was in Sochi?

youtube.com/watch?v=COtbszACtJ0

>Dat harmonious opening
>Dat a capella first verses
>Dat triumphant band entering the song by the final verse
>Dat human flag
>Dat one guy fucking up where to stand during the human flag to never be seen again alive

This is magical.

Didn't that one Olympic ring anus fail to open too?

Can't wait to get cucked out of alpine medals like we did in this year's World Championship.

Miri just had a kid, so it will probably be another season of "what could have been", right?

>MFW Brazilian Bobsled team

>skiing
play a real sport like hockey instead of this competitive vacation

>African Cross Country Skiier
>Argentine Figure Skater
>Mexican Curling team
>MFW the 2022 Winter Olympics is held next door in China

>Turin was almost 12 years ago
fuck

>Sundin, Lidström, Forsberg have all retired

I just want to see lizzy yarnold gigantic ass wobling during skeleton competition and curling

I'm ready for some comfy Big Air threads and some speed skating

>dutch gook burger pileup Australian wins LOL.7z

I unironically play curling here in Rio de Janeiro.

Enough people say they know they can't believe, Brasilia we have a bobsled team

Short track speed skating is pretty tits

it's the track cycling of winter olympics

We are lame and we know it. Best bitch we had was Isabel Clark and her biggest achievement was to score a top 10 on Snowboarding.

Can't wait for them sweet luge medals desu

not at heart you're not

hype desu, nothing better than the olympics.
Too bad the time zone is complete shit most days I'll probably miss everything primetime which is 2-7am my time

The next 2 Winter and Summer Olympics are all in Asia.

yeah it's gay as fuck

>2018
>watching the Olympics

no, shit outdated boring meme sports i'm only an esport man now

>What events are you looking forward to?

>I bet more people watch the Paralympics than this faggotry

You're on. Send me my money at your convenience.

>tfw we cuck Finland in hockey

Are lower leagues sending players to Games?
How's the team chosen?

I am looking forward to the Polish NT sweeping the ski jumping competition. It would also be nice to see /ourgirl/ Kowalczyk get a farewell medal.

Anyone not currently in the NHL. So college, U21s(which are better than Canada's U21s btw), and lower leagues like the AHL and players from European leagues

Justyna is quitting? Damn that sucks. I really liked her.

Also
>I am looking forward to the Polish NT sweeping the ski jumping competition.

Not so fast :^)

>had to make the c a capital letter so people wouldn't show up in north korea

>ski jumping
>schlierenzauer cucked himself again right in time for the olympics

He's cursed, isn't he?

She is 34 and has been slowly fading away. I am sure she won't have another chance at a medal. If she is smart, she will pull off a Małysz and quit while on top of her form.

Still sad to see her go if it's true. She's one of the last people you can root for even if you're from a different nation. Like Bjoerndalen or Kasai if you catch my drift. I don't want to watch a sport filled with only literally who's at the start.
They just don't make people like that anymore.

I wonder if Kasai is even half-known in Japan. He is probably the only ski jumper in history to have his own meme rap song.

youtube.com/watch?v=Q6ECszlj4Zk

>If she is smart, she will pull off a Małysz and quit while on top of her form.

I get that, though. Watching Martin Schmitt decline over his last years was painful.

youtube.com/watch?v=VKzlRWMwsy0

Kek that wasn't even the song I wanted to post. I remember the refrain going "FLY FLY FLY NORIAKI KASAI"

Found it

youtube.com/watch?v=ctK3tlQtAIc

SENTE O RITMO
SENTE A RIMA

The problem with ski jumpers is that they HAVE to jump until they drop, unless they get a cushy job as a trainer/FIS official/local ski jumping association worker. I don't know if you recall Krzysztof Biegun from our NT (won in Kilngethal once), but lately he switched to being a full-time truck driver due to lack of funds.

Małysz and Stoch are exceptions, because they are huge stars in Poland (Małysz is our most liked sports personality according to polls) and they are able to cash in on their popularity. Let's face it - any sport that demands keeping your BMI on ridiculosly low level, training all year round and sacrificing your education for laughably low amount of money is a terrible life choice. Nicholas Alexander is a nurse. Nick Fairall is paraplegic without any support from the burger ski jumping association. Even if you are good, you might end up like Nykanen did, that is broke and without any self-respect. I bet Kasai will an hero in four years after his knees finally give out.

Yeah, but look that in PL song about Kasai gets 500k views. It is crazy.

Not just Finland but Sweden and Canada too

We have a system over here where many of the athletes are also officially policemen or in the military so they get paid after their job is done, but yeah.. that's just kind of a symptom of the bigger problem. It's called being a "sports soldier"

NBC will alter the schedules of big events so that they are live in US prime time, putting them in the late-morning for Korea. Central Standard to Korea = +15hrs
1800 Wednesday CST = 0900 Thurs KST

>watching anything that's not live
yeah no thanks. what's the point if you can't shitpost on Sup Forums about it, fuck NBC

Hey I've watched the last two DTM races after I've already known who had won the championship just because it was /myguy/ who won it.
Sometimes it's just worth it even though you already know the outcome.

There's no way that's the logo for the olympics this year

That's the nuke that the norks are going to detonate during the opening ceremony

>only watches sports to shitpost
hmm

>there are americans who actually think that a ski jumping facility is a nuclear bomb

>the combination of three litres of beer and one and a half bottles of wine gave me really bad farts and i have to shit every half hour and now my ass is bleeding a bit

What did they mean by this?

Go to sleep, deal with it in the morning.

I really hate all the gloryhunting that comes with speedskating here. I don't give a toss about it, and I'm not going to pretend I do just because our country is dominant at it.

This

But you guys suck in Short Track. And Korea dominates in that.

>MFW no South American country with a Curling team

F

We have no money

Send some m8

At least asian countries are getting good at curling

>Korean olympics followed by Japanese Olympics
Can't wait for the board to be flooded by kpop posters and weebs

for me is eddy the eagle

Reddit

You might not like it but you will have to shitpost about it.

HirschGOAT needs his Olympic gold medal, it's pretty much the only thing he hasn't won yet. Also looking forward to >our young alpine skiers, there are about 10 of them that could come out of nowhere to win medals, which is what happened in the last world championship.