Free-trade thread

Why do Sup Forums hate free-trade?

Why are you guys so ignorant about economics? international trade increases people's welfare

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DnC1mqyAXmw
prntly.com/2016/06/27/study-americas-economic-power-came-from-trumpist-tariffs-and-protectionism/
breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/06/26/american-presidents-washington-lincoln-agree-donald-trump-trade/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>increases people's welfare
yeah just ask china and bangladesh

>implying 1960s china is better than 2010s china

okay stupid man.

you are so fucking stupid with brain death

>Me BTFO
>How will i ever recover from this
You win this one japroach

>can't get the point because no knowledge of economic history of china

haha

Have you ever read Mankiw's book?

>governments taxes imports/exports
>uses 0.0001% of the money from those taxes to hire "experts" to "deal" "tax-free" trades
>"See? We are the good guys, we make the best deals for our population!"

>Trade is good, therefore more trade is better, the meme

If you have an infant son, what do you do? Do you pick it up and hurl it against the wall to toughen it up? Is it wise to make your infant son fight against a pit bull for its meal, on the theory that competition is good, and therefore more competition is better? No. If you have a brain, you nurture your son from the time he is small, until he is big and strong enough to stand on his own.

Trade is like anything else - it's only good in moderation. Protectionism is a boss strategy that allows your nation to shield infant industries from competition until they get off the ground and stand on their own.

Yes, Asian nations are terrified at the prospect of the U.S. flexing her muscles and going into a protectionist mode, and slapping tariffs on imports, but it's only a matter of time before that happens, or the U.S. is going to disintegrate.

Yeah NAFTA worked out great.

We should have turned Japan to glass.

Rapidly growing economies. They're growing at thrice the rate of the US.

This. There's nothing wrong with protective trade deals/tariffs. It terrifies the rest of the world because we've basically been tying both our arms behind our backs to give the rest of the world a chance.

Fuck that shit. America first.

Growing from shit to poop is not that much of a big deal.

>Why are you guys so ignorant about economics?
Because the TTIP shills intentionally keep the proposed treaty A FUCKING SECRET.

They must have their reasons, there's probably some evil stuff in those contracts. So let's not sign them.

They only people who profit from those kind of things are big multinational companies anyway. Normal people get fucked over and lose consumer rights.

Based Brazil.

Go fuck yourself huenigger.

I don't want to increase international welfare I want to increase American welfare.

How is TPP free trade if it doesn't include all China and other countries?

Hello, Chang. Enjoying your green card? Good.

I support free trade on principle but there has to be some back and forth. We can't send half a trillion dollars out and get shitty products in return.

>Logic

DELETE THIS

Daily reminder that under the TPP you can legally be flooded with people who are '''''''''qualified'''''''''' in their home country to work in yours

Enjoy all those Mexican and Indonesian lawyers and Heart Surgeons, world

>not realising that "free trade" does not equal "large corporate protectionist trade policies"

Tut, tut, OP.

Would love a trade agreement that is simply free association of enterprise, it's all the other shit that comes with it that's the issue.

Have you looked at that bill? It gives corporations more rights than people. Hidden clauses over internet traffic, more rights to corporations.
It does nothing for the people, but strip them of rights.

People say globalisation is impossible to reverse, but this is not so if the UK and the US push for it to happen, and that is what is being done.

With the imminent collapse of the Ironically protectionist EU, and the unshackling of the UK, and the election of Donald Trump in 2016, we can reverse this terrible decision.

Just like Businesses, Nations must compete, you would be shocked at price fixing by corporations, why aren't the people shocked at exactly the same fixing by nations?

Free trade mostly benefits the super rich. Of TTIP, 90% of the content was written by the very corporations who lobby for it(corporate interests making up 90% of total lobbyists). They want to be able to produce shit as cheap as possible anywhere in the world then sell it to the rich developed markets in the west that western producers cannot compete with. So this helps finish off manufacturing in the west. And the services industry is a fucking sham. It leaves us with nothing to our economy. And of course ISDS (corporations suing governments for loss of potential profits). This goes way too far in taking power from the elected representatives and giving it to globalist super rich.

The flip side would be to ask you why I should support it? Current tariffs are about 2% between the US and EU. Is it worth degrading our regulations for that extra 2%?

Because our system of justice is the basement of a healthy democracy and in our particular cases we dont have a very well constructed one though it is crucial to maintain it.

TTIP allows to sue the germans state without the regular german court. This is the main problem i see. Fuck this bleach chicken thing. BUT they should not fuck with our legal system. PERIOD.

Who should define what is shit and what isn't: the government or the consumer?

>banks and corporations can no longer be sued for anything
>the internet is now monitored and censored

Sure, sounds like paradise if you're a communist buttcrack spelunker.

"Free" trade

youtube.com/watch?v=DnC1mqyAXmw

Cyberpunk dystopia now pls

>missing the point

Im a machinist and have been royally fucked. We can not compete against countries who pay a fraction of the labor we do. We have to protect our workers. The only people who benefit from it or the large corps that run the country and write the rules.

prntly.com/2016/06/27/study-americas-economic-power-came-from-trumpist-tariffs-and-protectionism/

“They say, if you had not the Protective Tariff things would be a little cheaper. Well, whether a thing is cheap or whether it is dear depends on what we can earn by our daily labor. Free trade cheapens the product by cheapening the producer. Protection cheapens the product by elevating the producer.”

breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/06/26/american-presidents-washington-lincoln-agree-donald-trump-trade/

I just want to increase my own welfare d.s.u. semmpai

Can someone school me on the TTP/TTIP?
Why do people hateit?

I've only heard commies cry about it so far.

It's a managed trade agreement that covers all sorts of ridiculous things from lawyers and litigation to agriculture.

He is right, you know. Do you happen to know about Solow's growth model? If not you should take a detailed read. Basically economic growth can be explained by gaining more capital amongst other things. in theory Y/L=f(k), the output function per person is concave. What does this tell you? Second derivative is negative. This is all you need to know to agree with his argument. By gaining capital a nondeveloped economy will gain a much higher output growth than an actual developed economy.

It is great for Money Printers and Billionaire puppet masters.

It is much less wonderful if your standard of living plunged from middle class down to wage slave.

This is why all modern propaganda is designed to divide the lower classes and make them fight each other.

Modern propaganda is especially designed to break white* solidarity because they are the most powerful group and could do the most damage to the Money Printer plans.

*Any group of people organizing around race and becoming powerful is a threat to the Money Printers. Once a powerful group gets exclusive, it blocks cheap laborers from coming in to it's territory.

Yeah sorry I don't give a shit about you retards in other countries I care about my fellow countrymen.

It's just more regulation, which is the opposite of free trade.

I second this.

go fuck yourself desu yo

Because it gives multi-national corporations POWER OVER SOVEREIGN COUNTRIES. It pretty much tramples all over the laws of the country and their people just for profit.

Row row fight the power

TPP claims to level the playing field by allowing poor nations to trade competively. This is what fair looks like.

1. TPP throws out tarrifs to countries exporting to us but keeps all the tariffs those countries charge us.

2. TPP's exclusivity, through the orgin clauses, means wages here would have to compete with poorer nations. Vietnam peoples make 1$ dollar a day.

3. IP will be beholden to a private tribunal of the partnered companies---NOT COUNTRIES. Meaning military and police will be at the disposal of companies exclusively.

Do you really need an ecnomics degree to see such a bad deal?

Sovereign state comes before money