Get Behind The Scenes With Creator Genndy Tartakovsky and Composer Tyler Bates

adultswim.com/videos/samurai-jack/samurai-jack-behind-the-scenes-music/

Other urls found in this thread:

polygon.com/tv/2017/2/9/14560830/samurai-jack-preview-season-5
youtube.com/watch?v=OnliDQ2DyDg
thecreatorsproject.vice.com/blog/samurai-jack-season-5-genndy-tartakovsky-exclusive-interview
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bike looks like a Lawmaster

This is going to be great, but Sup Forums will take a contrarian approach and retroactively say Samurai Jack has never been good.

Screencap this post.

But they are saying that already.

>TV-14 rating
>Blood
>Akus daughters are qt as fuck
>Adult Swim
>Tyler Bates composing
>Getting closure

>tyler bates

Jesus Christ, blew the budget elsewhere, I see

Who knows how real that is though. Pretty much every post I've seen saying Jack was shit also mentions how anime is superior to western animation. That just screams trolling to me

Where were there like 50 time portals in Aku's future anyway?

>THIS

Season 3 > Season 4 = Season 1 > Season 2

Season 4 had the best episodes of the series like bounty hunters, 4 seasons of death or tale of x-9, but season 3 had more good episodes overall.

so i agree

The Tale of X-9 is unironically the greatest 21 minutes of mainstream animation ever produced

Does he think it's weird that people loved this way more than Dexter's Lab?

Yeah the Spy Episode and those 3 were good but the likes of the mech one and both the scotsman ones really dragged

Hmm, I like Jack but I love Dexter more, except for the season after they fight Axelor or whatever it was called.

Goddamn that was bad.

Everything after Ego trip wasn't even Genndy's doing.

That's what I figured, everything about the tone and the stories they had felt wrong when I was kid but I didn't know what it was.

I really hope if this is a success AdultSwim will also resurrect Symbionic Titan, I was into that big time.

user, we've got bad news...

Deader than dead? Fuck me.

Dexter would get more praise if it weren't for the last season or 2 ( I think Genndy left ) and it was very obvious

As in, it can never legally air on US Stations ever

It pissed me off so much that I haven't watched Cartoon Network in like three years because of ot

Hey you guys told me this guy was russian?

Yep

He sounds American

That's because he's lived in the states since he was four or so

>As in, it can never legally air on US Stations ever

What the fuck.

Also just checked and it sounds like there's still some hope. Maybe

polygon.com/tv/2017/2/9/14560830/samurai-jack-preview-season-5

>"If someone offered me money to finish up Titan, I'd do it. We had a John Hughes-type teenage comedy with action and it was ... When you have babies, sometimes they grow up and have a life of their own and sometimes they don't find their footing. Jack grew up and moved on, and he needed an ending. I think my movie for Titan would be like ... what was the name of it? Pacific Rim. Like that but without all the humor removed. Sometimes things don't connect. Maybe it's the kind of stories I want to tell? I don't know."

Give him the money, you jews!

This Jack in Widescreen HD

Maybe this will finally get CN to release a series bluray.

ABSOLUTE KINO
K
I
N
O

youtube.com/watch?v=OnliDQ2DyDg

Why are his Adam Sandler 3D movies so boring?

Because Sandler is also the producer

Everything he said about sound design was really interesting. That scene where jack got off the bike and all you could here was the nature in the area made me realize how many movies and shows would just put some soothing piece of music or sounds there or would "fill" it.

Which one?

all of them

he's jewish

The beatboxing is so cheesy but at the same time shows his love for the process and as he said keeps things fresh for the sound guys to think up something that fits.

Today I will remind them

Great episode and one of the reasons why s2 was better than s1.
Sorry s2>s1 really the only noteworthy s1 episodes were the beginning 3 and Jack and the Scotsman.

Whole thing had a very Lone Wolf and Cub vibe with the various weapons they used.

Blind archers
Jack versus the lava monster

>they can finally get around needing to have everything that Jack kills be a robot because it's no longer aimed at children
>can finally get a little darker with the themes and action

Blind archers was bretty good I'll give you that. But I still think s2 had better episodes like learning how to jump, ultrabots, spartans, smackaback and etc.

>closure
F-fuck, I'm not ready.

SO WHERE THE FUCK'S MY PACIFIC RIM CARTOON AT, GENNDY? DEL TACO WANTS IT. WE WANT IT.

>tfw avoiding rewatching Samurai Jack after all these years because I know it wouldn't be satisfying in the end
>tfw you can finally rewatch it and not feel like you just got dropped off in the middle

samurai jack was alright but not all that good
it had an unique artstyle and great sound direction but that's it

most of the show was filler, the story never progressed after jack was sent to the future, there was almost no continuity

new season looks great though, like they are actually doing what they should have done back then

Does Haku get his?

sometimes, limits helps an artist focus his talents more, and can make something more unique.

With no limits, I hope he won't go over board

Kakashi killed him, remember?

Whats the odds the baby in the last episode of season 4 is gonna come back

It was purposely filler, basically Cartoon Network wanted it to just be one shot episodes for syndication purposes.

thecreatorsproject.vice.com/blog/samurai-jack-season-5-genndy-tartakovsky-exclusive-interview

>"The first four seasons we weren't allowed to do episodic stories," Tartakovsky explains. "Back then no one was doing episodic storytelling. You couldn't have a lot of change in Jack, because if they wanted to run episodes out of order, all of a sudden he's one way here and another way there. So we had to keep him as a stoic samurai unfazed by anything."

It was for the better desu

No. episode to reference as to steal from the man>

very cheap animation and style, and the writing was pretty standard for a children's cartoon. people only remember it for the fight scenes which, like I said, weren't animated very well

When is this senpai?

who feels this way? autistic people? dexters lab was actually funny, samurai jack is anime-tier bad

Damn 50 years passed wtf has jack been doing during those years

March 11

the joke is you said Haku not Aku,
I was referencing Naruto

I like things like that though. I really enjoy the monster of the week type episodes. Jack is Jack and he reacts to a new thing in a new way every episode. That is fun and easy to watch for me. I understand the want of growth of character from an adult perspective, but as a kid or teen, just watching Jack overcome a new obstacle every week was fine.

A studio just needs to buy the show.
Movies have been put into turnaround all the time.
CN got money back and legally can't air it.
Doesn't mean another network can't.

This shit is going to be outclassed by any decent anime

who cares

Nigga, I don't think he killed that Satan.

animes are shit

Im kinda getting hyped for this new season,but im wondering should i rewatch the previous four seasons,since i watched them as a kid years ago and remember almost nothing from it,or should not bother and just watch the new season?

>anime
>decent

the art style is reminiscent of picasso to me

its something that speaks to kids better than, for instance, realist art does which is why i really like the idea of a kids show using this type of art style, it fits together really well

Why the fuck samurai jack stream isnt up anymore?

Some episodes are just goofy stuff like the farting dragon but there is also stuff like the premiere, the Blind archers, the Ultrabots, Tale of X9, Spartans, Lava Monster AND the 2 parter that showed Aku's creation plus others I can't recall

I'd say there's more chaff than wheat but some really GOOD wheat.

>Adult Swim
>its another guy that thinks Cartoon Network and Adult Swim are different entities

>watching the first 4 seasons of Samurai Jack because the new season looks good and my mom didn't let me watch the show on TV when I was little

Pretty good, love the art style, and the sound. You never just get to hear the simple sounds of nature (birdsong, wind) in a cartoon anymore unless that's the explicit point.

It's a little goofer than I would have thought, but I can roll with it. I like it so far

This is the only cartoon I've seen with great camera work.

Why weren't you allowed? Too violent?

I've been thinking the same, it has some really good moments.

it's the same flash impressionism every cn show had during the 90s. but yes, simple and lack of detail is more appealing to children. it's sad that grown adults defend it, though

>that time Jack and the Scotsman experienced their feminine sides

My mom was really strict with what I could watch when I was a kid. I wasn't allowed to watch fucking SpongeBob until I was like, 7 or so.

why is that sad?

That fight was made so much more better with how each of the characters spent the episode showing their personalities, plans and how they mixed with one another.

Made it kind of sad that none of them other than the princess made it.

To me, sound is absolutely one of the most important things in film making, and a lot of people take it for granted.

A good soundtrack can live out in someone's memory longer than the source it came from.

New Samurai Jack is going to be garbage just like new Powerpuff Girls was garbage.

The new Powerpuff Girls didn't have any of the original creators behind it, get your facts straight.

Dimango, Jump Good?

I don't see how that matters.
Its not hard to write a powerpuff girls episode. Its a very simple formula and CN fucked it up. And CN will fuck up Samurai Jack.

My biggest fear is that they ran out of budget somewhere and it will show. Hopefully itll be top notch till the very end.

There is only eight episodes being made to give the series a proper end instead of making a movie. It even has the original creators, writers and animators.

It's in no way like the cash grab reboot that NU-powerpuff girls is.

>Its not hard to write a powerpuff girls episode

No, it's actually pretty fucking hard, because Craig McCracken was riffing on a set of specific things he himself found interesting when he was a kid. It was a love-letter to everything he wanted to see in a show growing up.

You remove the creator, and you don't have that.

Also Samurai Jack isn't on CN. Adult Swim is officially considered a different network, and is ran by entirely different people.

>story never progressed after jack was sent to the future
wow it's almost like that was the point user

Its not with CN

My fear is that its too serious and loses all the charm it had

>There is only eight episodes
ten

>Adult Swim is officially considered a different network

Its the same fucking company you mong.

>and is ran by entirely different people

Wrong. Its run by the head programmer of Cartoon Network.

Christina Miller does not run Adult Swim.

It's a separate network operating under the same channel space as CN.

Jackie's cute

>Cartoon Network's original head programmer Mike Lazzo conceived (and continues to operate) Adult Swim

Its literally the same company.
Adult swim, just like Toonami and Miguzi are/were programming blocks on CN.
Adult Swim is controlled by CN.

I wasnt hyped for anything in a long time as much as I am hyped for samurai jack now.

I trust your judgment Genndy, dont fail us!

The episode where he fights the assassin dressed in all black while
He's in all white is some of the best art direction i have seen in a cartoon