Is racism prevalent in literary circles?

Is racism prevalent in literary circles?

Other urls found in this thread:

awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Jalabhar_Xho
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

WE

WUZ

WUZ

No. Studied English at the university of Sydney, and I've worked at a few publishing companies. The zeitgeist of the modern ""literary"" community is pandering towards the left the same way all other mainstream cultural channels do.
Hell, even the Sup Forums equivalent counterculture of 'alt-lit' is incredulously left. /lit/ is also the third most cucked board on this site, preceding /his/ and /leftypol/

only the good ones.

>A girl is no one
>Nigga please if Im no one who y'all talking to-sheeeit
*audience laughs*

AYO HOL UP
SO YOU BE SAYIN
WE WUZ STARKS AND SHIT?

Its racist against whites.
Professional Writer here.

As a straight white man, it can be incredibly difficult to find a place willing to publish you.

A lot of small publications now are
>LGBT oriented
>Racial (((((((((Diversity))))))))) oriented
or any number of other stupid things.

If you mean racist against whites, then yes.

>Summer Isles (where black people come from in the books/show) is described as a poor nation where people just get fucked up and have sex all the time

There are no blacks in westeros

what is /leftypol/

this fucking guy

STARKS

But that's wrong, you fucking dornishman.

awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Jalabhar_Xho

noticing this on alot of television as well. then theres hulu with 1/3 of their new programming being low budget lgbt shit

rowling said she had to pretend shes a man

cunt

Yes. Racism is why black people are incapable of creating epic tales that others find enjoyable.

Racism is why authors who are white don't have to endure decades of poverty and relative misfortune before their works are appreciated.

I hate to be the one to break it to you kid, but white men are the most likely group to take risks in order to achieve success. Asians and Indians will achieve success through well established means, and African and other shitskins are quite content to blend in with the group and blame everyone else when they don't get handouts.

You can look up the information yourself, white men are more likely to take the necessary risks to make it big. Look at the percentage of startup companies that are successful by race. Now remember affirmative action exists. It should be no surprise then, that the majority of the Epic (in the literary sense) literature that we enjoy comes from this group.

I don't know how anyone can think there is some underlying current of racism in modern fiction. The entire fantasy and sci fi genres are filled to the brim with full blown sjws

*holds the door*

A MISERABLE BAG OF COMMIE NEETS

Data points of one are irrelevant. Data points of a few thousand are Irrelevant in the context of billions.

Cunt

N

Can't you just leave it ambiguous?

>or any number of other stupid things.

like publicists whom focus on bikes, nature, horses, space, politics, autobiographies, history, science, etc, etc.

because they would not accept your crappy incest-infested garbage either.

but you choose to blame the diversity fortress.

What is this alt-lit?

Literary circles are pretty much the epicentre of white guilt, leftism and "multi culturalism" in Germany and probably most of the West.

why is she wearing plate armor?

Why do you think this is? I've noticed the same thing, is it just because academia is generally leftist?

How to find racism, a handy cheat sheet as paid for by the Progressive Alliance

>is there a white person in existence?
>You have found racism

Sounds surprising. I'd expect publishers to encourage the anti white narrative these days.

genre fiction isn't literature

People with conservative views are less likely to create/participate in "circles". It happens in other fields like film, gaming or, as you said, academia.

Plate armor with built-in boob pockets. Because all the armorers in Westeros made armor designed for bombshell women with D-cup breasts, which btw perfectly describes Arya in the books, amirite??

hell yeah

See Hernando Cortez

She also said Hermie or whatever her name is was black. Rowling is a reknown liar.

vev

I don't know why tbqh. But I think it is not the culture influencing the policies, it is the other way around: if you have a a political agenda you have to take over academia, literature and journalism aswell as (mass) media in general. Of course you have these ideals at first and the schools of thought, like the Frankfurt School and the post-modernists like Foucault and Derrida after them. We also know about the propaganda pure coincidence is doing, so they can feel protected and move easier in the society which works excellent thanks to anti-semitism accusation and their actual political and financial power. Then you have WW2 and nationalism was blamed. But quite honestly: I really have no detailed theory based on hard facts and observations alone why the west marched to the left more and more. Woman suffrage alone certainly cannot explain that. Sup Forums memes aside, I still don't know.

dumbledore being gay is my favorite

>'european' sword and armor
>ankh necklace
You can't make this shit up
>mfw starting to notice all the niggers with egyptian shit on their FB pages after seeing this meme
Jesus fucking christ. My head hurts

nah hermione was white
in the new play she's black
and cuck rowling is fine with that

"The Fourth Century" by Edouard Glissant is very good

Clearly blacks don't write anything noteworthy as often as other races but they aren't totally incapable

gr8 b8 m8 I r8 8/8

Most niggers cant even read, and they barly talk.

Just arya?
Arya, a legitimate child was going to be a black child in a family of whites?
They can't claim adoption either otherwise Jon Snow would have been legitimized and allowed the last name stark.

LANNISHAS

>and cuck rowling is fine with that

she also gets paid royalties.

>making money doing fuck all. please no, I have standards.

*barely

In the original draft Catelyn had an affair with a summer islanders in revenge for Ned being unfaithful during the war.

You are a spastic, simple as that

Go and work with David Irving.

And? That was 19 years ago. A lot changes in that amount of time.

KANGS OF THE NORTH

Jon Snow was black too, it's just (((whitey))) who be changin history to erase us from it!!! WE

Ramses II was a fucking ginger lol

That was our painter Ivana Kobilica, never signed her first name because the frenchies

Go try it some time.

[eight]ch.net/

Alternative Literature (often stylized as Alt Lit or Alt-Lit) is a term used to describe a particular literature community that publishes and/or draws its motifs from the internet, internet culture, and "a population of people that are connected with one another through their interest in the online publishing world."

Holy kek underrated post, you just caused me to fart from holding in a laugh at work

>crappy incest-infested garbage
Yeah like haha who would even be interested in that shit? I mean lol what sort of terrible person would look at his sister and want to have any sort of sexual relations with her? Heh.

I don't suppose you have any examples of such works of fiction, do you? I ask so I can laugh and scoff at anyone who would truly be interested, lol.

See? He IS black,

would it make a difference if it was prevalent, I mean it's not like niggers are able to read in the first place