HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Other urls found in this thread:

autism-society.org
twitter.com/AnonBabble

le im going to science the shit out of this xD

intersteller>memetian

The Martian didn't have a shitty ending about muh love transcends time.

Man has a fucking point.

The martian was american propaganda we wuz pioneers and shit. There is no tension, sense of immensity nor the slight impression he's actually on another fucking planet. There are just shit humour and Matt Damon mac gyvering his way out. Please

That's true or fundamentally not understand how a black hole actually works.

Love does transcend time, though. You're not one of those people who goes to movies alone, are you?

Critics prefer something basic but fulfilling than something ambitious but half-baked.

le actually fun movie > mediocre, overhyped movie

Maybe if you watched Martian with friends in cinema you would understand that

>they're both certified fresh

o-of course not, pff

This.
I was never afraid for Damon. There was no tension.
But after crazy wave planet, I knew most bets were off

Insterstellar was far more ambitious in scope and thus more vulnerable as a project. The Martian is a safe, play-it-by-the-books adaptation following basically the same formula as any recent marvel production.

nice projection faggo

>le actually fun movie

yeah nah. they both suck but interstellar had cool space scenes and a soundtrack. martian had had what.....shit potatoes and reddit humor?

I'll pass k thanks bye

>le

trash opinion you have to compensate with by implying you have friends, which is pathetic.

>literal autists think they know how love works at all

The Martian was a bunch of lame bullshit for nerds who post "I fucking love science!" memes.

Solaris got a 96%

How isn't that shit perfection?

The "hahaha" OP is probably my least favorite meme in the past 5 years or so.

Zero effort, yet it always gets replies. A sad state of affairs for the site.

71% actually feels about perfect for Interstellar

The martian was a nice flick but interstellar is a masterpiece

The Martian was fucking dreadful

>He thinks love transcend time and space

>nice projection faggo

It's called assuming things based on provided facts, if you stopped using buzzwords exclusively you would know. Actual projecting you can see in other person that replied.

And I'm fairly confident in my assumption, you haven't seen Martian with friends at cinema, you haven't discussed it with them right after the movie. And you think it sucks because it's popular and has 'le reddit humor xddd' or something like that.

But feel free prove me wrong, have you seen it in cinema?

>doesn't see I'm using 'le' ironically
>projects his own shitty life on literally complete random person he knows nothing about, other than that he enjoyed Martian more than Interstellar. Yet this is, somehow, grounds to come to conclussion said person has no friends.

A prime example of subhuman, you are. FYI, I have more friends than I have time to spend on them. It's actually pretty tiring, I just want to watch movies and people paster me to go out with them too often...

I was so bored of the Martian that I turned it off in the first 30 minutes.

>Didn't get hugged enough as a kid

> assuming things based on provided facts

what facts do you have about me you autistic retard?

Yeah I saw it with 2 friends at the movie theatres. It was trash then and it's trash now.

Anything else? ;)

The Martian is a much better film than Interstellar. But they're both about 40% too high in their scores

>make a movie almost exclusively about a man dealing with the pain of isolation on an alien planet years away from home
>don't have him progress as a character in any way except he has a shitty beard for 5 seconds and gets a little skinny at the end

Not really, there were a few light-hearted jokes thrown in, but since your entire "life" and "personality" is the repetition of canned phrases called memes, you vastly overestimate the importance of said jokes. While most people hear some momentary comic relief and almost immediately move on with their thoughts, you see your routine daily behavior -- hence this post. Feel free to come back and thank me if you ever recover from such a pitiful mental state.

do you think people care about how black holes work?

>A prime example of subhuman, you are. FYI, I have more friends than I have time to spend on them. It's actually pretty tiring, I just want to watch movies and people paster me to go out with them too often...

If that triggered you so much that you have to keep going on about the friends no one cares about then I'm suspicious as to how many you actually have.

>understand how a black hole works

Enlighten everyone you dunning kruger neckbeard

Fact that you are meme-spouting idiot incapable of forming any sensible arguments without resorting to buzzwords and who only hates the movie because it's popular.

Your second post also provided me with information you are insecure enough to lie on an Anonymous image board. Ouch.

>few light-hearted jokes are it's saving grace

So these are the type of people who think of themselves as "decent human beings".

I wasn't even talking about the jokes, I just meant that it's a flat, boring movie with no emotional oomph. Rationalism has it's place, inspiring a rapturous cinematic experience isn't one of them.

Kubrick understood this
>"There's a side to the human personality that somehow senses that wherever the cosmic truth may lie, it doesn't lie in A, B, C, D. It lies somewhere in the mysterious, unknowable aspects of human thought and life experience. Man has always responded to it. Religion, mythology, allegories - it's always been one of the most responsive chords in man. With rationalism, modern man has tried to eliminate it, and successfully dealt some pretty jarring blows to religion. In a sense what's happening now with films and popular music is a reaction to the stifling limitations of rationalism."

My point is that you exponentially inflate the importance of the silly jokes in the movie because repeating silly jokes is your entire life. People who don't like memes in the first place don't have the perspective to understand your ridiculous "criticisms."

> who only hates the movie because it's popular.

i didn't like it because i thought it was bad compared to interstellar which is the point of the thread.

>you are insecure enough to lie on an Anonymous image board.

yeah man, i'm lying you got me. hehehe! Why are you defending the movie so much? Does it hold a special place in your heart? awww ;)

I was triggered by your existence, not by what you have said. By the fact I have to share this place with a trash like you. Ugh, makes me sick. I couldn't care less what a subhuman like you thinks of me, just like I don't care what cockroaches think of me. I'm just repulsed and annoyed when I have to squash them.

Oh, and that bit about friends was just FYI (for your information, I don't think you knew that), don't dwell on it too hard. Just a little piece of mind I thought I would share, despite knowing full well you won't believe.

Which one?
And how does 2001 size up?

ugh, you dropped your fedora, sir

>He thinks "love transcends time and space" is anything other than pure retardation
wew lad

Martian didn't have stupid ass causality loop at the end.

>Love does transcend time, though

If you can adequately explain this, I'll embrace Interstellar as the best sci-fi of all time
Questions you must address
>does transcending time mean that love is eternal (exists in every moment of time) or timeless (exists outside of time)?
>what does it mean to exist outside of time? The fact that today manA does not love the woman he will marry (and love) in 20 years means that love must surely exist in time?
>If love exists in every time, how can it be said to transcend time?
>Surely to be affected by time means that it can't transcend time? (and definitely can't exist outside of it)
>Matter does not transcend time, we agree? So why does love?
>What is love if not a chemical reaction in the brains of humans? If it's a chemical reaction, then it definitely can't transcend time as it doesn't even transcend matter
>If love is something more than a chemical reaction, then why can it be stimulated artificially with chemicals? Many people claim to feel love while under the effect of MDMA for example
>Does anything else transcend time?

In your essay, I expect to see no "no true scotsman" arguments, no strawman arguments and no arguments that adhere to any other logical fallacies

>t/v/irgins triggered by the word love
every single time

>being this autistic

Guess my suspicion was true, lol.

look up religion, you intellectual parasite

>the love of christ has literally transcended time and space
>thinks it's a retarded concept

dummy, interstellar was really too heady for you

>Does it hold a special place in your heart?

It does, it was great movie and I had a blast watching it. Anything wrong with that? ...wait, was that an attempt to mock me, somehow...? Huh.

>i didn't like it because i thought it was bad compared to interstellar

So... you cannot describe what you didn't like about movie at all, other than 'it wasn't Interstellar'? Yet you hate it with passion, as evident by your previous posts, still without giving ANY explanation other than the one just provided.

>which is the point of the thread.

If you think that by typing 'le im going to science the shit out of this xD' you have posted 'on point', I recommend browsing /s4s/

>kissless virgin thinks he knows anything about love

>too stupid to enter the discussion
>can only retort that someone else has mentioned something that maybe answers the issues

Is this what autism looks like?

interstellar was to intelligent for the common movie viewer, so the movie experience wasn't as stimulating and hard for them to understand.

>It does, it was great movie and I had a blast watching it.

Nah nothing wrong with liking it, but the fact that you sperg out at anyone who doesn't makes you retarded.

>you cannot describe what you didn't like about movie at all,

refer to previous post i made. i barely remember anything in martian. was boring. you got a problem with that?

>
If you think that by typing 'le im going to science the shit out of this xD' you have posted 'on point', I recommend browsing /s4s/

you realise this board is shit right? lurk moar. it's all memes and nobody talks about movies anymore. get with the times faggot

Do you even know what autism is? What are its symptoms? Or are you just content with spitting out more pointless buzzwords and pepe reaction images? I think I know which one is it...

Also, this post wasn't even aimed at you, yet you replied vigorousely. Guess a bit of actual discussion and not shitfest you usually partake in has really pushed your buttons, huh?

>meme arrow
not an argument

sorry lemme fix my meme arrows

>If you think that by typing 'le im going to science the shit out of this xD' you have posted 'on point', I recommend browsing /s4s/

I love Ridley and scifi but this movie gives me the impression of being science fiction for people who dont actually like science fiction.

>DUDE IM GONNA TOTALLY SCIENCE THE SHIT OUT OF THIS POTATO

Is it actually worth a watch?

Nolan knows exactly how a black hole works. He had plenty of physicists smarter than you telling him. His animators made a computer simulation of what would happen to a ship going through a black hole, and Nolan didn't like the way it translated to film, so he went with something else. Incidentally, those computer simulations ended up producing peer reviewed papers on black holes.

>kissless virgin
stop projecting m8, I know what love is and also what it's not, in this case a force that can violate the laws of physics

You're asking questions without first defining the basis all of them rely on. What is love?

>look mom! im shitposting!

>meme arrow
not an argument

Only Americans think The Martian is better

>he just keeps going

get help
autism-society.org

>Nah nothing wrong with liking it, but the fact that you sperg out at anyone who doesn't makes you retarded.

I 'sperg out' over 'le funny spaceman in space xd' being used as valid criticism.

>you realise this board is shit right?

Because of faggots like you, yes. Fun fact - there are many threads that we actually discuss movies and tv series and have actual fulfilling discussions. But you don't browse those, since they don't have pepe as OP or have 'cuck' or 'kino' in post field.

>you got a problem with that?

I do have a problem with someone criticizing a movie they don't even remember. You cannot name a single thing you didn't like other than it was 'boring'. Your opinion has the same weight as opinion of a spoiled 7-year old child that finds anything with a lot of 'talking' boring

>lurk moar

Been here 10 years. You?

One of the questions asks this. Love is for you to adequately define.
I could define it, but then you could retort that that's not a fair description and then I'm basically arguing against a strawman
So the burden is on you to define love and then answer all these questions

But I do imply that it seems evident that love is merely a chemical process in our brains. If that's not the case, you must explain why that's not the case when people can artificially be excited such as to feel what they call love
To deny that said experience is love is to veer into a no true scotsman argument

>not american
>recognise that a meme-science film for the bbt audience is still better than a non-sensical pretentious plot-hole ridden mess
checkmate Pedro

>I know what love is and also what it's not, in this case a force that can violate the laws of physics
Oh look everyone we got us a sientict among us. Could you please enlighten us about your deep knowledge of the universe

>maybe if I call him autistic enough times, he will feel emberassed in front of those Anonymous posters and stop

Let me use a spoiler function the way it was intended no, I won't

We don't know how black holes work.

Answer this first
>Do you still beat your wife?

You don't need to be a scientist to understand that the universe doesn't give a shit about our subjective interpretation of our own brain chemistry

why would i bother trying to convince you what i didn't like about the movie when you clearly love it so much.

>I do have a problem with someone criticizing a movie they don't even remember.

yeah, i don't remember it because it was boring. boring is criticism. if i were to watch it again i could have more opinions but i don't want to because it was boring.

>Been here 10 years. You?

about 6.

jesus christ stop replying. i have no doubt you're the only dude going off tangents in this thread against others. fuck off matt damon

>he has never loved

You obviously fucking don't you pathetic wannabe.

who was she, user?

Plus I wouldn't be so autistic about the scientific inaccuracies of the movie if they didn't communicate so much on how their portrayal of scientific phenomena was supposed to be accurate.

Interstellar: Sup Forums
Martian: reddit

>love is just a chemical reaction

I'm not that guy and I don't know if you're serious, but -

Black holes are not actual holes. Black holes are actually points where the gravity at the center is so intense that light cannot escape it.

So, what would happen if you try to pass through a black hole?

You'd be crushed by the gravitational force.

Pretty much what you said. Matt Damon gets through a lot of situations pretty effortlessly (only source of tension is the ending where you wonder if he'll get to the ship or not but of course he made it).

>Is it actually worth a watch?
not at all. It's like the "I fucking love science" page wrapped up in a uninteresting story.

Haven't watched The Martian, but Interstellar was worth it just for the docking scene. Didn't really like the sappy ending though.

Well it IS a chemical reaction. Saying it's JUST a chemical reaction greatly undermines all of the human accomplishments done in the name of love throughout history, so I wouldn't say it as such. But outright claiming that love is LITERALLY MAGIC is intellectually dishonest.

>why would i bother trying to convince you what i didn't like about the movie when you clearly love it so much.

Because this is called 'discussion' and what you are supposed to do. Also, don't bring the 'I have reason I won't tell' to the table now, it's clearly too late for that. Also, I do like this movie a lot, but main reason I keep replying is I was repulsed by your style of commenting, not by the opinion it bore.

>boring is criticism

one only children use. Because they cannot provide any argumentation, can't pinpoint what was wrong, what they didn't like. No self-respecting adult, especially one trying to discuss movies should use it. But giving you a benefit of the doubt that you actually watched it, and didn't just decide to shitpost about it since based on posts on Sup Forums you saw you came to conclussion it's 'reddit movie' and you called it a day, if you can't remember a single thing a valid course of action is refraining from discussing it altogether.

>jesus christ stop replying

you have the same power to stop replying I have. If you stopped enjoying this conversation, feel free to refrain from replying any further.

when i saw this movie i felt memed so hard my anus couldn't stop pulsing for a week.

Holy fuck the autism is palpable

But I have, and it didn't confer me magical powers allowing me to see through space and time

> I keep replying is I was repulsed by your style of commenting

lmao

>boring is something only children use

ah yes we can't all be intellectuals like yourself. i think you dropped your fedora back earlier in the thread.

>you have the same power to stop replying I have

you were the one you replied first. you brought this whole "discussion" up. I'm just waiting for you to stop giving me sweet (you)'s but you can't because you sperg out.

now fuck off

>the universe doesn't give a shit about our subjective interpretation of our own brain chemistry
god cares about all of his creations

Nerds fucking love jerking off about how plausible and realistic The Martian was but guess what? The storm at the beginning that strands Mark is a load of bullshit, there's not enough of a atmosphere on Mars to do that.

i would say interstellar was more ambitious while the martian played it pretty safe but was very well executed

honestly i don't like either of them that much but no way is martian 91%

>god cares about all of his creations
I'm literally shaking so hard my fedora fell off

I think the love shit was stupid, but it's clearly supposed to be handwaved as advanced technology shit the future humans built into the black hole. There's some unexplained time travel device handling the actual process, while sappy love acts as a beacon of sorts that enables the guy to search for the right place and time, then send a message.

No one passed through a black hole, he entered into an artificial construct.

Reminder that RT is shit
Reminder that people still don't understand the ending

> everything I don't understand is litterally magic

>lmao

as insightful as the first comment that started all this

>ah yes we can't all be intellectuals like yourself. i think you dropped your fedora back earlier in the thread.

Dunno about everyone else, but you clearly can't. But sure, more buzzwords, that will put you on top here.

>I'm just waiting for you to stop giving me sweet (you)'s but you can't because you sperg out.

You clearly don't since you asked me to stop twice now. You are not enjoying this, because despite what you are typing you can see I'm simply smarter than you are, I'm providing better points, ACTUAL points that may have some ad hominems in them, but aren't a complete mess of cool kid one-liners and memetic mess like yours. It seems I was also on point with my benefit of the doubt, as you haven't even touched upon it. Or rather, I was incorrect in my benefit of the doubt. Also, you cannot just give up because you feel you need to be on top here, since, unlike you, I really did manage to piss you off. It shows.

I can accept that. But hearing the "Love transcends space and time" from the mouth of a scientist just seemed silly. Same when they explained the basics of a black hole to a fucking rocket engineer. If they wanted to have a dialogue explaining it (which they obviously needed for the plot) they could have picked Murph who, as a kid, wouldn't have known shit about black holes. But explaining it to someone with a scientific background and who has worked in the aerospace industry for years just seems weird to me.