Oscars General

Official Sup Forums's Oscars poll

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeu482qIpTVPqVsyzkuDAdjRRIWSQswEe3kctybQevtfn1s8g/viewform

Vote for who should win the Oscars

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ll_JPrXFKGo
youtube.com/watch?v=Xn52gTQJSlo
youtube.com/watch?v=CVV7kxQdolY
youtube.com/watch?v=9MqAt8S5lws
youtube.com/watch?v=mmvqb9Uzu8k
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>leading man
Affleck
>leading woman
Huppert

>The White Helmets

LOL

>Whites win presidency
>Whites win Superb Owl
>Whites win Grammy
Which movie will win?

You really think that Sup Forums neckbeards know how to evaluate all of those technical categories?

Most don't even know the difference between sound mixing and sound editing, let alone them being a valid judge of which is better in those films.

youtube.com/watch?v=ll_JPrXFKGo
none of the nominees should win really

Which are oscar bait?

I think it's good to know Sup Forums's overall opinion. That poll is a few days old, i found it in the archive.

Stuff like that isn't to be taken that seriously but it's nice to know what Sup Forums actually thinks is the best movies and actors of the year since all the threads about movies get filled up with 1 or 2 trolls yelling "reddit" and "oscar bait" every other post so you can't tell if people like something or not.

What else should i add?

Celebrity does a political speech

Some negro makes a joke about Jake Gyllenhaal and Bad and Boujee.

He won't be there though because he's too busy being based on Broadway..

I just voted for every black actor and actress and films that feature black people on posters. Virtue signalling is going to be strong in the current year.

Disney winning "best animated feature"

>yfw Casey wins

Literally any chant against Trump "not my president" "love trumps hate" the usual bunch

Does anyone else realize how fucking long this Oscar's is gonna be? The In Memoriam section will have to be like half an hour long at least

2017 already claiming victims. End this awful year already.

Casey Affleck gets robbed

see free space
more like two-minute long
youtube.com/watch?v=Xn52gTQJSlo

Joke made about Mel Gibson

Somebody says they don't deserve their award and it should have gone to a black nominee

This might actually happen

significant actor gets left out of the memorial video
a recipient of a "lesser" category gets way too hyped/goes on for too long

Foreigner ridicules US politics

>Should win
Best picture: Lion
Documentary: 13th
Animated: Kubo
Director: Lonergan
Actor: Viggo
Actress: Meryl
Supporting actor: Dev Patel
Supporting actress: Naomie Harris
Screenplay: The Lobster
Score: Lion
Song: The Empty Chair
Cinematography: Silence

>Will win

La La Land. Literally everything. They can't help themselves.

Actually Moana might get best song if La La Land splits the vote enough in that category.

I doubt that In Memoriam one will happen

It is always a brit

>Actor
>Anyone but Casey
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Some shit about unity. That America belongs to whoever wants to succeed, and no one call tell them otherwise.

Followed of course by a standing ovation and fake tears

>literally only seen suicide squad in that list

Any of the past hosts roasted

So, literally "celebrity does a political speech"?

La La Land was actually really good and I wouldn't mind if it took home some awards. I haven't sen Lion though, is it that really that good?

A comment about the Iranian director dude who wasn't let in.

I honestly don't care who wins the oscars as long as at least a quarter of the winners are people of color.

Arrival > meme land > moonlight > hidden figures

Its always hard to not vote for who you think will win instead of who deserves it.

>person calls out Trump by name in their acceptance speech
also
>person doesn't use Trump's name but they're obviously talking right at him

What about the annual 'Meryl Streep has been nominated a lot of times' jokes

Also a appearance from Melania Trump or Mike Pence. I mean, they did it in the past with M. Obama and Biden, and as far as I know the Academy isn't part of a political party.

anyone else seen the shorts? I saw the live action and animated ones over the weekend, unfortunately couldn't get to the documentaries.

My picks would definitely have to be Pear Cider and Cigarettes for animated short, and Enemies Within for live action.

What did you guys think? Silent Nights (the danish live action one) was pretty hilarious though in that it was every BLACKED meme and Sup Forums joke about Sweden rolled up into a film without an ounce of self awareness.

>Danish girl has racist asshole mom
>because of this she decides to work at a soup kitchen helping homeless african migrants
>helps one of the africans after he gets beat up by arabs
>near instantly falls in love with him because reasons
>he's homeless and jobless so she wants to save him
>he has a wife and kids back home in africa, but doesn't tell girl about it
>steals money from the charity to send it back home to pay for a doctor for his kid
>she forgives him the next day
>winds up pregnant
>when she's about to tell him finds out he has a wife+kids
>kicks him out
>mom dies and leaves her 35k Euro
>sees him on the street the next day and forgives him
>gives him 50k Euro so he can go back home to Africa, where he is greeted by his happy and healthy family
>final shot of the film is her getting an ultrasound, doctor says its a boy and she smiles
That film was a real headscratcher to me. The girl was shockingly naiive, but are we supposed to see her as a positive role model as far as behavior towards migrants? The whole ending had a real fairytale quality to it as well with him getting all that money so he can go home and have a happy ending with his family, that's not realistic at all. I really didn't know what to make of it.

-A wtf fashion choice from a starlet.
-Accidental cussing in a speech
-Music plays off impassioned speech
-Trump joke ( though that may be covered with the us policy box)
-joke about run time
-older presenter Or winner seems out of it or about to die during speech.
-Blm or some cause is mentioned

and my personal ranking for the animated ones

1. Pear Cider and Cigarettes - far and away the best entry, if this doesn't win I don't know what to say. Very moving and melancholy film, told stream of consciousness style by a narrator recounting stories about his recently dead friend who was a quite fucked up person. I really, really enjoyed it.

2. Piper - its cute and has great visuals, not much in the way of story though. If this wins just because its got the Pixar name and OMG THAT BIRD WAS SO CUTE like that fucking dog one a couple years ago I swear to god.

3. Blind Vaysha - "We couldn't think of a way to end our movie so we let the intern do it for us." Nice visuals though.

4. Borrowed Time - it was alright, but a bit melodramatic for my taste. Felt like it ended right as it started.

5. Pearl - I think my jaw dropped while I was watching this because never in my life had I seen anything so pedestrian, ironic considering the subject.

As for the extra films they were pretty good, Asteria and the Head Vanishes were both better than Borrowed Time and Pearl (have I mentioned how much I hated Pearl) so idk why they weren't nominated.

Where did you watch them? Every year I have the most trouble with the animated shorts, nowhere to fucking find them

silent nights wins best short film

I live in NYC so there's literally 4 different theaters within 10 minutes walking distance of one another that are showing them.

Do you not have any arthouse movie theaters near you? That really sucks. I think you can buy most of them online, but that's pretty annoying. I'd say Pear Cider and Cigarettes is worth paying for if you have to, its like 35 minutes long.

A lot of them end up on youtube eventually, here have a couple of previous winners that are some of my alltime favorites.
youtube.com/watch?v=CVV7kxQdolY
youtube.com/watch?v=9MqAt8S5lws

the guy who was murdered in this image looks really relaxed in the first frame

>tfw living in the NYC equivalent of my country
>there's only 3 "arthouse" theaters
>they only show old kino and animu

They always end up eventually showing one or another oscar winner, but like 6 months after the award were given.

that's a shame, about a decade ago here in the US they started putting all the nominees together to make them easy to distribute to theaters, I guess that's only in this country though. Where are you living out of curiosity.

And you know you can always write an email or go talk to the programming director at your favorite arthouse and tell them what you want to see.

>-A wtf fashion choice from a starlet.
Will there be any starlets though?
>-Accidental cussing in a speech
Yeah
>-Music plays off impassioned speech
>-Trump joke ( though that may be covered with the us policy box)
Already there
>-joke about run time
Like "too late" or "too long"? Idk, kinda casual
>-older presenter Or winner seems out of it or about to die during speech.
Too many words and "winner/presenter dies" seems too hardcore
>-Blm or some cause is mentioned
I think there are enough political boxes, even though I know that it's going too be over the top political this year
Is this a meme or something?

This years Oscars are going to be awesome!

Fucking Drumpf getting BTFO in every single acceptance speech for entire 4 hour show.

>I would like to thank my family, all the people who worked on this film etc etc whatever. Now, regarding Trump...

Forgot pic
Also, rate my graphic design skills

>Is this a meme or something?
are you asking if my plot synopsis was a joke?

its not, that's the film

also forgot to mention on Variety's oscar predictions they have Silent Nights winning that category

god only knows why

Not bad. Needs work.

Get rid of the Andrew Garfield square. Too remote.

More Trump stuff too.

I already read the synopsis of Silent Nights before. When I read it before I only thought it was the common 'muh poor refugees' kind of stuff that we see in the current year.

Now, reading what you wrote it makes me thing that the film might have two possible endgames
a) The same as I thought before. Immigrants need our all help and we have to do everything we can or more to do so. Even if we will won't gain nothing or even will lose something while doing so, because whites need to check their privilege
b) It is an honest film about people, and people are not perfect. So the film portrays them with all those imperfections.

>Get rid of the Andrew Garfield square. Too remote.
Ok, later
>More Trump stuff too.
But there is "DUDE TRUMP" already. Initially, free space square implied him.

>But there is "DUDE TRUMP" already. Initially, free space square implied him.

Now that I think about it, you're right.

Pretty good work so far. Looking forward to the completed project.

it felt more like A than B to me, but as I said it was a bit of a head scratcher, almost everyone other than the main character is a raging racist cunt to the guy for no apparent reason which helps explain why she's so sympathetic to him. She also has this racist mother so you can understand a desire to react against that, but on the other hand the guy is not deserving of all the forgiveness he's given. I was left very confused about what I was supposed to think.

Turns out asians are mad too
youtube.com/watch?v=mmvqb9Uzu8k

-Starlet can be changed to actress or celebrity, or just a simple "wtf fashion choice" to cover both nominees and gf/wives.
-I meant the older presenter/winner looks like they are ready to croak but won't actually die. They struggle through their speech or take long to get to the podium or gets lost in their speech. Meant more of "older person out of it" or "older person spaces out" or "old people zzz."
-Can add also "person(choose any or all-nominee/presenter/host/celeb) is high or buzzed."
-the time is a guarantee mention every year-someone jokes about how long the ceremony is, but may be that would be too common to mention.
-Surprise winner beats a favorite. the oscars would sometimes pull something in the supporting categories.
Of course adjust them to fit if you'd like. Will be fun for the night at least.

Well, I guess that's all

bump tho