Ghost In The Shell - Trailer 2

youtube.com/watch?v=72H69pS-3JQ

Visuals look good, Im ok with Scarjo. Not sure about some of the dialogue and story direction.

Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=72H69pS-3JQ
youtube.com/watch?v=udEJzW_S9F8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

scarjo was miscast

She is the only reason this movie even exists so you just have to deal with that

I always liked the casting because ScarJo can be authoritative

Am I missing something or did they just turn a robot into a cyborg just 'cause?

looks awful
honestly why remake something if you can't bring anything new to the table?
it looks like and likely will be a dumbed down of the movie we've all seen before with cheap cgi that will be bad in 2 years, past her prime scarjo, and dialogue made so even the stupidest audience members understand it.
i can't imagine most weebs wanting to see something that so blatantly shits on a classic, and i cant imagine most white people wanting to see an anime movie
hopefully this shit flops before studios try to adapt more anime.

Fuck, she can't act for shit. At least the visuals are ok.

>Microsoft Sam is playing villain
Lit!

>advanced cyborg
>eyes don't point in the same direction

shit casting 0/10

Why did they hire E.T. to play the role of a Japanese cyborg? couldn't they find something more human like?

>She is the only reason this movie even exists
Do you have any evidence?

superior viewing angle, ya putz

kek

>messed up depth perception

nothing superior about that

that visor prop looks so cheap

>Advanced cyborg
>Not getting the chameleon eyes enhancement

Looks like a shitty matrix ripoff, might be worth a pirate but certainly not worth going to the cinema.

So the trailer shows that the people who saved her life lied to her, this evil guy then tells her the truth. She then takes the fight to the people who saved her.

Why do they spoil the entire movie in trailers?

this is gonna look awesome once the cgi is finished

I know everyone on Sup Forums feels compelled to shit on it, but I think it will be an above average action/sci fi flick that will be worth the ticket price.

post yfw you're getting too old for this shit

at least he doesn't look 50+ in this trailer

>youtube.com/watch?v=72H69pS-3JQ

This is really bizarre. The visuals are all just live action direct translations but literally none of the dialogue sounds like it's from Ghost in the Shell

The thing for me is that there was always enough in the film, SAC or 2nd Gig to make a standard action/sci-fi flick, but they decided to go full retard with this adaptation and turn the Major into an amnesiac that wants revenge for being cyberised

don't be such a rustic meatbag
depth perception is irrelevant when you can measure exact distances via laser

Yeah, I don't know how they fucked up the photo. He looks like he should've been the Major's boss

>humanizing the Major
>making her look afraid and unsure
I get that they're trying to make her more palatable to a wider audience, but it just feels weird.
Like they're trying to play her as a 'robot with emotions', instead of a 'former human who no longer gives a fuck'.
Looks alright for the most part, I guess.

IF THIS FAILS

anime is safe

Dialogue sounds like "crawlan in muh skin"-type early 2000s nu metal lyrics.

>IF THIS FAILS
>anime is safe

uh....sure, user

This movie is going to age horribly and the plot sounds like a Bourne movie. It doesn't sound like Ghost in the Shell and hardly looks like it as well. They are going to try and shoe in so many things that made GITS what it is and do a terrible job at it.

With all that being said, it will be a major hit and there will be a trilogy made out of it.

is she ever even referred to as a maybe-cyborg in any of the Shirow stuff? this sounds completely off base.

>they created me but they cannot control me
what the fuck, the major doesn't hate anyone for making her a cyborg. her rebellious nature comes from taking missions into her own hands. this ain't gonna be good.

>there will be a trilogy made out of it.
Weird way to spell yearly franchise for the next 10 year.

I want this movie to go so well just to fuck with all the SJW who are complaining about white washing

>Having said that the movie already looks nice to look at
>Dialogue....mehhhhh

But this movie was always going to be difficult to translate to the big screen correctly

I pray this film fails

If it succeeds, it spells bad things for the anime medium.

I predict this to be among the best movies of the year, and anyone who says otherwise is just a contrarian faggot.

who is the other robot?

No, the original is the only reason this movie exists. That, and a bunch of unoriginal retards in Hollywood.

From the trailer it looks like they're already gonna be recreating the opening sequence, the part with the Major chasing the hacker at the beginning, and then the tank scene at the end.

I'd actually like to see a live action version of the tank battle. That was pretty sweet in the movie.
>pulling the handle so hard she rips her arms out
That was the most metal shit i've ever seen in an anime in my life

>revenge story
>find who "made" the major
>section 9 is the villain

Can this shitty movie be any more wrong?

They turned a robot with a human mind into a robot with a robot mind just cuz

Fuck movies if this happens. I'll be done giving hollywood any more money

So there's the Puppet fag and who else?

Scarjo is qt but I really wished they had gone with anyone else. She isn't a fit for this shit.

It's a shame when they turn down people who are perfect for a role just so they can get some people in the seats when they cast big name "person X who isn't a great actor but hey they make us money".

Also is this even based on the movie? I saw it a while ago, I thought it ended on that ambiguous "did they merge?" thing

I think weebs might watch it just to talk shit about it.
And normies might watch because it is the new "nerdy" thing and being "nerdy" is totally in now.

People who haven't seen the original will probably love it while the folks who have seen the original will hate it.

>ghost in the shell movie looks like the matrix
Woah that's something funny isn't it?

>amnesiac manufactured killer
>pouty weak Scarjo Major
>they created me but cannot control me
>"motherly scientist" trope
>passing on the Major as the first full cyborg, just so they can do the "there are others before me" shit

disgusting, fat pig jew.

>tfw no scarjo gf

What a blatant rip-off of Adam Jensen.

Scarlet's face is startin to make me angry

>they actually reference Arises' red outfit

For what purpose

aeon flux got fat

Everything in this movie is a mess, what the hell does it even have to do with gits, the plot sounds completely hamfisted

The bad guy has a cool voice, just human enough, but hints of robot.

why do they feel the need to remake something like ghost in the shell? I don't understand the appeal. Who thought about that?

>Weebs might not like our movie and not watch it!
>Quick, google her so we can learn enough about her to do some cheap fan service
>Oh look, she is wearing a different outfit here
>Just put a scene in the movie with her wearing it
>I am sure the weebs are going to love it

what the FUCK

idgaf desu senpai. this movie is gonna be awesome.

Hollywood Jews, just enough pleb appeal in the art to rework and feed to the masses

Every'ting dey tol'joo wass a lie...

>Oy, Chaim, what is something we haven't rebooted/remade/made a sequel out of?
>I don't know Moische, we never really touched those weird japanese stuff
>Let's pick one of the popular ones and do a cheap westernized remake out of

>the villain's name is Kuze

They aren't even remotely similar. SAC Kuze was at least interesting. Just thinking about SAC makes me want to watch it again, fug

you must not know where Deus Ex got is inspiration from...hint: it's this thread.

you're right user, how dare they reference the medium they are remaking

>dat mom

S2 when goddammit

It's going to be PG-13, right?
That alone tells you everything you need to know.

If your not aware, arise was awful

Most people that are going to get the reference are going to be weebs, and most weebs hate the arise OVAs.
It doesn't make sense.

Lol so why did they just tell me the entire plot? I haven't seen the anime, so I guess this movie is more marketed towards the anime fans, but the anime fans appear to be hating this? What's the next step of their master plan?

>cheap

Didn't they say the budget was going to be close to $100 million or something crazy like that? Which is kind of bizarre that the original hand drawn animated movie was done for like $5 million or something.

Did the Puppet Master and Kuze have some sort of connection? I love the Individual Eleven storyline, they should tell that next instead of the Laughing Man.

Basically this will look like a TV show on a large screen, but I expect it will have a few surprises.

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if Deus Ex had something to do with it
GITS always had just enough action appeal for something like this but I doubt the decision to dig up the IP came out of nowhere

>the Major as the first full cyborg
Yeah what the fuck this makes the least sense to me. This was a big part of the original movie and taking it out and making her past the focus is just a different story altogether

Fuck I hope they don't remake the tank scene. It's so appallingly grotesque and painful to watch her body contort trying to pull it off and it's not even a real body, it's just metal and plastic and it still makes me wince. There's no way they'll do it justice if they try it.

This movie looks like a weird amalgamation of the 2 seasons of the anime AND of the original movie.
It is going to be a mess.

understatement of the fucking century

ignoring nips and weebs since they're not relevant to their box office gross

>tfw my clothes are too big

I've only seen the first two movies, what else would you recommend?

Is that the guy from Borgen?

There's still Akira and Battle Angel looming overhead.

From what I remember, they are not linked in anyway. I'm just a little disappointed that they choose the least interesting villain. He's still good, but Puppet Master was interesting because he was an AI, and Laughing Man was interesting because of his views and abilities. It just seems like they decided that "spiteful cyborg who's out to destroy the system #241" is good enough

The Stand Alone Complex series (two seasons) and its sequel film Solid State Society is what you need to watch. Don't watch Arise.

kek

Get the Individual Eleven DVD. It's a collection of the main story of the TV show's second season. It is also a fine exploration of 21st-century terrorism, but maybe someone could think of something more in-depth.

Different universes, however the "puppeteer" was itself a projection of many different personalities in the majors ghost, including Kuze

Well I'm glad the put the entire fucking movie in the trailer

Now I don't need to go see it incompetent fucks

I heard Arise was shit, was it just a remake of the first?

her neck needs kisses

This. What was bad about Arise?

Ghost in the Taco Bell.

The first season has a neat look at "meme culture" and how ideas propagate on the internet. Its pretty impressive since the first season aired in 2003, but its so accurate that it could feel like it was written last year (I mean, apart from the cyborgs and stuff)

The second season heavily features a refugee crisis in Japan, which is sorta timely too.

I can't even imagine a plebified version of Akira, hope Christopher Nolan directs it for maximum keks.

youtube.com/watch?v=udEJzW_S9F8

things that are wrong or don't make sense:
>Motoko backstory
>Motoko character
>Batou
>No Tachikoma
>no Laughing Man
>Geisha scene
>tone
>vibe
>zero subversion

10/10 best movie of 2017

Both are great in their own right. The prolific nature of both subjects really go to show how well this series has aged and will continue to age. Its the kind of show you can go back in 30 years and watch.

Seeing this movie in public will probably be embarrassing. I hate weebs and anime except GITS. Movie looks good to me and i llke Scarjo even though She's grossly miscast.

I'll see it opening day, I just don't wanna be seen anywhere near weebs.