In the first episode they established El hates electric fans...

In the first episode they established El hates electric fans, but this wasn't reference in any other episode unlike her affinity for radios which is key to her character. On s2 will they build on her hatred for electric fans or you think they will drop this entire plot thread.?

Are you actually being fucking serious?

I am just re watching the show and picking up on all the plot elements I never noticed on the first watch. Like the upside down being a metaphor for Wills sexual awakening as a homosexual.

Will also had a dog but this is the last we see of him if I recall, "nothing he is probably hungry" as she takes him away. Later we are shown Johnathan trying to get her mom to eat.

I assume the shaggy god was originally meant to be a metaphor for Wills mom but this angle too seems like something that was left in the cutting floor.

How did Will get away from The Monster after it transported him to the Upside Down? Shouldn't he have been either dead or in the nest the whole time?

This agent, she is first introduces as a social service worker but we later find out she is an agent for the Hawkins Laboratory and then find out she is also working for a state wide AV Club agency when she meets the kids teacher.

She was a triple agent and we only saw her working with HL. The other two entities will probably play a bigger role in s2.

Actually, she was an agent for Hawkins Lab the entire time and lied about being anything else to gain people's trust.

Alright now this is interesting. On episode 2, El sees a picture of Mikes sister and says "pretty."

Pretty is a key word later in the show when she starts wearing a wig and dress and looks at Mike for approval. In the last episode, the scene leading to their kiss, Mike says he would like for El to move in with his family. El assumes he would like her to be like a sister. Mike tries to refute that claim by kissing her, but again, looking back at these scene and the pretty wig scene there seem to be some underlying incestious theme between mike and his sister.

At the end of episode 1 Mike saw saw Steve enter her sisters room and this episode begins with Mike mocking her with the "studying anatomy" line. Mike seems to have started projecting his lack of affection from his sister unto el.

He a smart boy
He hide very good

You're reaching. I saw nothing to indicate Mike and Nancy had anything more than a regular brother/sister relationship.

The Monster literally had him. Unless it stood a respectful ten feet away when it teleported and he was completely silent as he walked away, it should have caught him.

It's a shit show with shit writing. The only thing it had going for it was "hey remember the 80s!" I hope this season we get a more diverse cast in Hicksville, Nowhere!

Huh, so apparently Mikes family is partly Jewish. This completely subverts her relationship with El. He is keeping her locked in the basement(as opposed to the attic like Ann Frank), and sneaking food to her. Her head is shaved and has a tattooed number, like she escaped a concentration camp.

Its possible Mikes grandparents sold out other Jews to escape the Nazis(just how Mikes parents will give away El to the government), Mikes story arc would essentially be about atoning for the legacy of betrayal in their family. Will have to keep an eye on this theme, surprised they kept this element of their family in background and subtle.

I also don't quite understand why she didn't find his dinosaur toy "Rory" appealing. It was cool.

You just know Will reeked when he came out of the Upside Down. In a wet and sticky place like that. Probably had to burn those clothes due to the spores.

This is quite possibly the worst thread in the history of Sup Forums, and that is saying a lot.

>ALE

One of the boys D&D characters(most likely Lucas's) is a drunk. A reflection of his home life and his self black hatred as his character is white.

what's happening?

that's Chinese checkers you fucking nitwit

Worst thread on Sup Forums right now.

Well that would explain this line, it seemed odd but Mikes mom could be part Chinese and like many bilingual people interchange words from their first language when frustrated.

It seems like the act of taking someone into the Upside Down results in some weird spatial shit, in that it isn't just a straight teleportation (ie: the monster doesn't just pop back into the Upside Down still clutching its prey). Barb also had an opportunity to get away, but she wasn't as fortunate as Will, who likely got away because he knows those woods like the back of his hand.

At first, it seemed like the monster had to drag prey into the Upside Down world to feed on them. It seemed like maybe it didn't have a face or mouth in the real world, but in the Upside Down his entire head was a mouth. I'm a bit disappointed that didn't turn out to be the case, and more disappointed that it started completely ignoring its previous rules and just went on a killing spree in the end without bringing anyone upside down.

Also, what exactly are the mechanisms of its feeding? It seems to just eat prey like a normal animal, right up until the end where it affixes Will to a wall and does some other peculiar shit it never seemed to bother to do with anything else.

As it was mentioned early on, Will being homosexual possibly makes him a fertile target in the upside down. He was dragged there not to be eaten but to become the next Queen of Blades. Barb was also originally dragged for the same purpose(she is a lesbian thus fertile). We saw her body decomposing and assume she is dead but was also filled with larva. Its possible she was just metamorphosing to her final form and will come back for Will for /ss/.