J.K. Rowling History of North American Magic gets slammed by scholars and wirters

>The Ilvermorny origin story perpetuates colonialist perspectives, appropriates and erases Native American culture
www.salon.com/2016/07/01/pottermore_problems_scholars_and_writers_call_foul_on_j_k_rowlings_north_american_magic/

Other urls found in this thread:

truthfeed.com/viral-post-7-truths-about-arguing-with-liberals/8258/
survival.com/html/hood_hunter.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

why do liberals always spam tweets on a topic? Can they really not convey it in one?

>this is so racist
>ugh Im so done
>hey people please share this
>you know what Im almost crying now this is too much
>im not even gonna talk about it anymore its just
>hey guys just made pancakes and theyre so good

they're mentally ill and seek attention

>salon
>those weasel words

What scholars? How many and are they respectable or relevant?

If you don't like it dont read it nigger. Assuming you have the reading comprehension to read a book and not just buzzword laden tweets on Twatter

>Nor was it right that the neighbours should know that other horror which my strange host of the night could not bring himself to tell me—that horror which he must have learned, as I learned it, from details in the lost masterpiece of poor Frank Marsh.

>It would be too hideous if they knew that the one-time heiress of Riverside—the accursed gorgon or lamia whose hateful crinkly coil of serpent-hair must even now be brooding and twining vampirically around an artist’s skeleton in a lime-packed grave beneath a charred foundation—was faintly, subtly, yet to the eyes of genius unmistakably the scion of Zimbabwe’s most primal grovellers. No wonder she owned a link with that old witch-woman Sophonisba—for, though in deceitfully slight proportion, Marceline was a negress.

Hey look the left is eating itself again.

because the only way they know how to argue is to cherry pick one thing and scream about it like a toddler. they are children basically.

"7. Liberals apply different rules to their opponents than they do to themselves. They will open an argument with massive insults and then complain bitterly when you insult them back. They will yammer for pages without providing a shred of proof to back their assertions and immediate demand peer-reviewed sources from you for the very first thing you say to them. They never seek to balance the playing field; they want it tilted in their favor because they know they are too inferior to win if it's level. If you stay calm while they yell, they assert that they are winning because they are louder. If you yell back, they assert they are winning because you can't keep your temper. Utterly stupid things count as "proof" to liberals: If you say something mean to them, that "proves" your argument is wrong. If they know a single exception to an overwhelming trend, that "proves" that the trend is wrong. If they have a peer-reviewed source to support their assertion, that "proves" science is on their side, but if you have one that contradicts them, it "proves" it was performed by incompetent researchers or is too old or reflects the hidden bias in the system. It never occurs to them that when two sources disagree, there might be objective ways to reason out which one is correct; they don't understand the concept of objectivity."

Can someone explain what Rowling did? All I know is she wrote a brief story about the forming of a magic school in America. How is this racist or whatever? I mean this is a top lefty author we're talking about, I'm sure she wouldn't slip up.

Heard a lot of uproar about this story but zero explanation.

A black person is whining about nothing? Are you sure? That doesn't sound right.

This sounds exactly like the SJW I work with. She left work early and had to take the next day off because she was "physcially ill" over the Orlando shooting.

She did the same thing the next week when the Russian from Star Trek got killed by his own runaway Jeep. She became physically ill over a minor actor she's never met dying.

good

rowling is an sjw cunt, let her get destroyed by them

It doesn't have enough black people.

I don't know how the native Americans are consumed by the magic though. Maybe Rowling included some constitution that is perceived as some kind of Apache Auschwitz?

>Oh ya'll can miss me with that ish

Somehow I don't think anything written in a book was going to 'hit' you in the first place William.

The only problem I see with the slave trade is we fucking forgot to deport them after we were done fucking them.

Now they think they're entitled. We should have them kickstart Africa and build walls around that. Places mines in the water, the usual.

All my friends on kikebook are obsessed with this new thing. Apparently in the American Hogwarts, the logos that represent each house is mocking to native American culture.

We'd get 50 more Liberias.

Would be entertaining at least

Oh fuck you're right.

>mfw she's actually change it
>mfw when we will never get good hp origin stories

How far does her "lore" actually go? Im curious. Does she explain magic during the feudal era?

A SQPR-Greeko magic origin story would be the shit.

>Greeko

She's a commie so she'd probably make them look like evil sorcerers.

Hogwarts opened in Saxon times If I remember right, at something like 960AD

I hope that we start killing these pussies in my life time.

I'm tired of the weakness and cowardice that these useless people promote.

Do black people think they "invented" magic or something?

WE

At least to the middle ages, that was the time when they separated from non wizards and stuff. I'm waiting for this kind of origin story for a while now

WUZ

There are parts of the lore extending to Japan. Basically, Japanese magic is really different than magic in the west, to the point where people don't really use wands. If they do, they're usually passed down through the family and made of cherry wood.

The International Statue of Wizarding Secrecy was also passed during the Tokugawa Shogunate, so the Japs didn't give two shits, and magic users in Japan mostly just fit in with normal society, often acting as priests, and Japan just doesn't give a shit that magic so obviously exists.

There was a pretty funny sidestory where a foreigner goes to Mahoutokoro (Japan's premiere magic school) and gets bummed out that it's perfectly accessible by muggle transportation and is basically just an ordinary Japanese school.

See, she'd never write something like that now, though, because it's not PC.

WIZARDZ

N

N SHEEEEEIT

what kind of retard took this shitty screenshot?

Why do you think it's called black magick?

>@HoodAcademic

Hope he doesn't stab too many people in the belt buckle.

I don't know what she did, but you the only thing we have to understand is that there now live among us a group of people whose social survival and identities depends on the existence of racism. The more prominent the case, the more value they can extract from it.

It matters little whether or not the racism is real or not. In so far as they can create the perception of it, it is as if they had struck oil. They will then position themselves as the courageous fighters against the injustices of the world and market themselves to their audience as the wise warrior capable of breaking down an analyzing this "problematic" situation so as to liberate them and make the world a little bit fairer.

That they will alienate people in the process and create the very thing they profess to destroy is of little concern to them. The creation and growth of places like Sup Forums is a small price to pay for the harnessing of social justice riches.

DO NOT LINK TO SITES YOU STUPID FUCKING HIGH SCHOOL FAGGOTS

learn to archive or stay on facebook. reminder to sage and report shill threads

Irish were slaves along Africans. This nigger is retarded

They thrive off victim hood, it's pathetic

I love it when the left eats their own.

They're so fucking stupid. A lot of our cities, regions, rivers, etc are named after native words and names out of respect to them and their history. It's incredibly feasible the same would happen to a magic school.

I bet they want to change that too actually now that I think of it.

One of my favorite Lovecraft stories. Genuinely terrified by the end.

cuck

kek

We should fuel this drama. Let the left cannibalize on its own.

Then don't read her books you whiny dindu. Geez oh man. She already panders to SJWs now and it still not enough for them.

Kek, the whitewashed Cherokee bitch giving her shit on appropriation. Have these people ever heard of doing their own work? I guess since Shawnteeponty farted, we'll all have to hold it in from now on.

This is what happens when retarded writers like Rowling start reconning their works to make them more politicised.
>Le Trump, Brexiters, and Scottish Independence supporters are big deatheaters and Voldermort meanies >:(
>Hermione's black!
>Dumbledore's gay!
>

I never realized how bigoted J.K. Rowling was. It's the year 2016 and hate mongers like her can still find work as authors of children's literature? Sickening. She should be tried for hate speech and all her published material pulled off the shelves. People need to know that such intolerance is no longer acceptable in a civilized society.

>twitter handle
>@HoodAcademic

I think intersectionality already does a good job of it. Better to let them hang themselves than to show up to their little infighting parties to tell them we enjoy it.

Ours is a unified front since it by definition tends to the strengthening of the group, with an in-group out-group distinction, while their philosophy is that of social division into various classes and the analysis of their power dynamic. They're laying the groundwork of their own incessant infighting for us. We don't need to do anything but harness their hatred of us for our purpose. Every time the radical left over step their boundaries and cause some collateral damage, we grow. Well meaning liberals of the old stock suddenly realize that reciprocity between ethnic groups doesn't exist, that mutual cooperation and understanding is an illusion and that they're actually stuck in a zero sum game of domination and social control and that they're what's for dinner.

Pic related is the number of mention of the colored terms in the ny times over the past years.

WE WUZ WITCHDOCTAHZ N SHIEEEEEET

>that transition

It's so accurate it hurts.

>@HoodAcademic

I got to give it to the man, the thought of having nigger blood and being literally tainted as a life form is some genuine cosmic terror.

>mfw 23andme test
>100% european, fuck yeah
>3% yiddish...

salon..... not even once

Kek

where is that from?

desu they probably did way back when in africa 100k years ago... shaminisn,

why do they ALWAYS FUCKING USE THE WORD "CRUCIAL"

im so fucking mad that niggers figured out how to use a dictionary.

Is this the start of meme magic on Rowling?

You know it's really funny how much this resonates with blacks claiming 'We wuz kangs. Cracka ass whitey is stealin' our history.

>cause im an academic

lmaooooooooooooo niggers are soo fucking ridiculous with there crazy pot headed ideas

truthfeed.com/viral-post-7-truths-about-arguing-with-liberals/8258/
First result in google seems to be it.

>colonists never did any work they just landed on a beach and slaves immediately started building and doing everything while natives were killed by the thousand on sight

>hafta

Did he try squatting that rock and his intestines got forced out or something?

'ARRY

I'm sure part of it is because Twatter has a character limit per post.

>you only have x many characters to use to virtue signal about this topic
>better make a bunch of posts about it

>some niggers ranting eating up precious front page space

what the fuck is going on today?

survival.com/html/hood_hunter.html
It was a great type of knife, too bad Fehrman knives stopped selling the Hood Hunter

HOL UP, HOL UP

*smacks lips

SO U BE SAYIN

*receives letter from Hogwarts but doesn't understand it because no one in her family can read

HOL UP NAO

*creates a BWM (black wizards matters) movement and burns the Choosing Hat for discriminating people and not let them choose where they belong

WE BE BEING WIZARS AN SHEIT?

*earns a position in the Ministry of Magic to fill a quota

SHEEEEIT

2deep4me

Don't think lotr, ASOIAF or anything like that. It's depth focused more on the workings of magic and modern world of magic (past 50 years) than past histories, and it doesn't really go too much deeper than is necessary for the story.

>I got better things to do than write trash to compete with Rowling's trash
>like posting on Twitter about Rowling's trash

we whites are the master race, we build the best countries, this is why the non-whites want to live in them and refuse to live in their own

thats what you get for saying dumbledore was gay you cant cater to these freaks or they will never leave you alone you have to tell them to go fuck themselves

More shallow the further you go from the canon present, but the canon present is actually really quite deep. She keeps adding shit to it on Pottermore though, which I'm unsure if I like. it's typically meaningless shit.

How can people pull shit like that and not get fired, or at least a warning from the boss?

>@HoodAcademics

lel

someone post that one webm