Mr Robot

This show has blown away all of my expectations. Without hyperbole, the best show since Mad Men.Hell, it may turn out to be even better.

It's true.

Please tell me you're seeing this too.

I really hope they have an idea where they're going. Near the end of season 2 I got that making-it-up-as-we-go feeling that I got watching Lost. And I wanted more resolution after everything went all David Lynch on the Angela story in the 2nd to last ep.

I support these assertions. Continue.

I'm honestly shocked USA has stepped it's game up so much. This show is engaging and fantastic, has great modern context and the debt plot literally has the debt riddled populous glued to the screen. Rami Malek is an amazing actor and the supporting cast is not far behind. I think Portia Doubleday has quite the career ahead of her. Also damn Christian Slater - you still got it.

S2 was quite iffy.

S3 will make or break the show.
Also if Email makes even more Trump scenes in S3 he'll forever be known as a hack.

It's a dumb and derivative show with a simplistic political message. The director probably reads Vox after his daily viewing of Fight Club.

what is its political message?

Dude, thats what I was thinking. Mr Robot is no Franklin & Bash. Where the hell did this come from?

I agree with this, especially when she calls Tyrell. I must admit though him being alive was a good twist and well hidden by the gift plot line with his wife and Adams.

are you seeing this tho?

Sorry if you like it, but burn notice to THIS???? Mr. robot could easily be an HBO show --- imagine the increased production value - it's already high and they do a great job of not bullshit "hacking" a la "hackers" - like the femtacell scene? Brilliant. I work in information security and i was like thank God they're doing this - no one needs another show where someone HACKS THE FBIS MOTHERBOARD AND STEALS GOVERNMENT SECRETS

CORPORATIONS ARE BAD, MAAANNNNN! FUCK SOCIETY, MANNNNNNN!

You don't get the show.

Except his plan doesn't work out. It's cool just go pick up something a little simpler that you will understand & enjoy.

Great rebuttal there, genius. The show isn't saying anything, it's hollow and vapid entertainment.

>the show has a political message
>what is it?
>(dumb shit)
>that's wrong
>it doesn't have a political message

huh

So was Tyrell dead or no?

Sometimes I think I could sit down and write a show if I really put my mind to it. Then I see something like this and I'm like, nope nevermind this is way out of my league. I call it TV's version of "Cormac McCarthy syndrome," which occurs every time I read Blood Meridien.

dude fuck off, use spoilers.

The inundation of the tech world bequeathing modern banking and analog life. The realization that money after the gold standard is simply digital and has no actual form or function beyond wired transactions. Digitizing banking has allowed for even more corporate espionage and the cloaking of good deals for top men and bad deals and the poor. Wealth inequality has certainly been around for centuries, but in this form it's finally maniputable and at risk. The show explores these risks and understands that there has been a power shift in terms of monetary control that has lead to the actions of the f.society group. I think it's a brilliant commentary on the future necessity of wealth redistibution, and the means by which is could occur.

Definitely agree. The raw number of good & original ideas jammed into this show are intimidating, and this is the kind of thing that reminds me that I couldn't have done what great writers do. It's hard work, but it's also a natural gift. Similar to musicians or any other art form I guess.

I liked how Esmail Lolitarolled the viewer.

>one of us, one of us

Nah, the 2nd season sucked.

Season 1 was some of the best television I've ever seen. It was not what I was expecting at all, I was scared away by the marketing which painted it as being reddit/2008-11 Sup Forums-core and being a platform for the writers to push their terrible political views.

Instead, it was everything good about the show Dexter ramped up to 11, a commentary on depression with a cast of strong, well acted characters, great pacing (but the second half of the season slowed down a bit tb h).

Season 2 was garbage, it was everything that scared me into nearly not watching the first season.

I like the drugs/withdrawal episode.

The Angela storyline is so weird now and could potentially be really really cool, or really really bad. Hold me Sam, I'm scared.

I put it off for so damn long because I thought it was going to cringey "hacker" shit.

First 5 minutes in when he starts legit talking about TOR networks I was hooked. Then it became fight club with hackers and it went from "pretty great show" to instant cult classic in my opinion. Spectacularly well done twist.

Haven't seen season 2 yet, but damn did I love season 1. Right up there with Hannibal.

is this a shill thread? I thought it was retarded and couldn't make it through the first season.

>People who like things I don't are shills
reddit please leave, seriously.

Thanks for stopping by, I'll be sure to let Sam know that "it sucked dood" for you.

E-mail if you are in this thread, please don't go full egregious and have Trump lines.

Why can nobody like a tv show on fucking Sup Forums without being called a shill?

This board is filled with the most contrarian pieces of shit on the internet, every damn thread.

Sometimes people like things and like to talk about them, they're not shilling. USA is not spending their marketing dollars to have some random person post good things about their show on goddamn Sup Forums, you fuck.

don't get your knickers in a twist

i like the show

I'm starting s1 e5 now. Amazon Prime is streaming it btw.

They even have Raspberry Pi's in here. Based.