>watch American league
>visiting team is on the left/first

your thread is not going anywhere

It's like that in the National League too

wait, what?

what?

the score board

dumb frogposter

I don't understand. Do you mean this thing?

An American league of any sport, you put the visiting team on the left or the upside, like Astros being up now and they are visiting

You do it different than the rest of the world

No, he means the home team is always second

Right now in the WS, LA are at home, but it's "Houston vs LA", in every other country it's the home team first

we do it phonetically. Astros at Dodgers. simple.

here we'd just say "dodgers astros" and everyone knows it's a dodgers vs astros game taking place in los angeles

I am confused

Are we talking dugouts

In baseball, the home team bats second.

That's why they say "at" so there's no misunderstanding, they don't say "vs"

No they bat last

in English we read left to right

That's what I said you retard

>phonetically
what?

That's because we say (away team) at )home team)

>In baseball, the home team bats second.

Wow u r dum

It is considered polite and being a good host to let a guest have preferred treatment, i.e. to go first. You're showing graciousness as a host letting the other team go first. That's the theory anyway.

>two teams bat
>the away team bats first
>the home team bats second
What about this is so hard to understand for you? It's not a particularly complicated rule

It's because the road team in baseball bats first so it makes more sense. I would imagine every other sport just adopted the same standard to keep it consistent.
People will tell you it's because we say Away team at Home team, but that was just an adaptation after the fact

Actually they bat18th

?

[fuh-net-ik, foh-]
Spell Syllables
Examples Word Origin
adjective
Also, phonetical. of or relating to speech sounds, their production, or their transcription in written symbols.
corresponding to pronunciation:
phonetic transcription.
agreeing with pronunciation:
phonetic spelling.
concerning or involving the discrimination of nondistinctive elements of a language. In English, certain phonological features, as length and aspiration, are phonetic but not phonemic.