Hypothetically could the US military cripple ISIS if they fired an EMP into the regions where there strongholds are...

Hypothetically could the US military cripple ISIS if they fired an EMP into the regions where there strongholds are, so their electronics and computers are ruined and they can no longer post on social media and radicalized people abroad? Wouldn't an EMP essentially cripple ISIS?

youtube.com/watch?v=C3p86Yej6fw

It's not like they have a couple hundred people in a house to shitpost all day long.

>he thinks obama democrats actually want to stop isis

It would cripple the entire region leading to even more violence, famine, and disease.

How would cutting off their computer access cause famine and disease?

Can you kill a mosquito with a shotgun?

>hey Sup Forums why can't we detonate a nuclear weapon in the atmosphere
have you ever stopped to just think about the dumb shit that's about to come out of your mouth?

you can't just 'fire an emp' you knuckle head

The problem with terrorist groups like ISIS is that they don't need to rely on electronics to communicate and organize. The low tech ways have worked fine for them since the beginning and only the proliferation of small cheap phones and other electronics just makes them convenient. OBL used runners carrying USB sticks for over a decade. An EMP just means his goons would be carrying large stacks of papers instead.

>a bunch of goatfuckers will be defeated if we just disrupt their camel's WiFi access...

k.

I like this weapon. It's super "destructive" but doesn't cause death or long term consequences like radiation. It's a great deterrent and I wish it would replace nukes.

That being said, it might fuck up other regions. There is no way this has been "tested" officially before and by targeting ISIS they might accidentally fuck up everything else in a 2000 mile radius.

It destroys all "electronics" not just internet access. It would be devastating.

I'm pretty sure all the infrastructure including transformers, cell phones and lots of other shit would just fry.

>EMPs only effect computers

it wouldn't likely stop cars though

>They deserve 1st world tech

>but doesn't cause death
Anyone with a pacemaker drops dead. Any helicopters or planes in the sky instantly drop. Any vehicles on the road instantly lose their power steering and power braking. Life assist machines shut down. Power grid fails. Police lose their communications. Alarm systems shut down.

An EMP would be one of the most cruel things you could do to a city if the city is full of dindu. I would rather just be nuked and have it over with quick.

Great plan, revert them back to the stone ages, or as they refer to it, the present.

^this

EMP's are only a world stopping event for 1st world nations. ISIS still has horses and if they had to would revert back to using runners

I am not sure why there hasn't been an American EMP attack yet. It is actually probably worse than a nuclear attack. With the amount of guns and splintered factions that would show up, we would literally collapse into ourselves within a few months. Things wouldn't be orderly for years.

And all that prepper gear wouldn't do shit, and all the shooting at looters will just add to the chaos.

nope. why? sandniggers can't into tech and US would re-equip what breaks via back channels in hopes they fuck up syria more

It would definitely fry all modern cars with computer systems and would probably destroy the batteries rendering the older cars useless.

An EMP is like microwaving all electronics in the area.
>implying I implied that
Send the drones, Deus Vult!
good points, then
>I would rather just be nuked and have it over with quick.
lol, no. Nukes are an EMP with fire, blast waves, radiation and nuclear fallout. You'll likely survive but maybe not for long as you slowly die.Think, losing your hair, feeling more sick than you ever have and pissing blood until you die. EMPs are blackouts from hell. A nuclear attack IS hell.

You a fucking retarded OP. Why the fuck would you need to some futuristic weapon? They have no air defense, a conventional area bombing (such as in WWII) could wipe out every last man woman and child in that entire area. We aren't doing it because they aren't a threat - and besides - they kill Arabs for us. Every time our enemies fight each other - we win by default. Grow up, because you have the geopolitical understandings of a 12 year old.

So? You don't need cellphone or electricity to grow crops or cows.

Why not? They did it in Goldeneye. Why wouldn't you be able to fire one.

An EMP is caused by the detonation of a nuclear weapon at high altitude.
Not gonna happen.

>Why the fuck would you need to some futuristic weapon?
lol, the army would do it just to see what happens. It's a perfect scenario to test a weapon like this. You could see the effect without doing too much damage to anyone that "matters" in a real war zone.
>implying you know what your doing to grow enough crops to survive.
>implying you can wait around for months for crops to produce enough viable food for your to survive.
>implying you can defend your crops long enough for them to grow from looters and angry, hungry mobs.

Likely, you'll just get trampled and shot and the idiots who do that to you will just eat the seeds out of desperation.

Cannibalism and grass soup for all!

Do EMPS hurt cds or usb drives?

>EMP satellites
>ISIS

C&C Generals confirmed for predicting the future

Probably CDs. Have you ever put a CD in a microwave? They fry too. Also, what tech are you going to play the CD/DVD on?

Yes, USBs will fry in an EMP.

Can't we make a weapon that fires just EMP rays like in Goldeneye?

You can create an EMP multiple ways. Its just difficult to create an EMP that effects a large area without a nuclear weapon, but it certainly isnt the only way

Okay, that was a movie dude.

An EMP weapon would probably not have much accuracy. It would only be able to control its range by altitude and not very well at that. The target would always be a "circle" and everything in that circle would be fucked.

Additionally, who knows what kind of power you would need to "fire" it. I don't know if a "small" one or a "large" one makes a difference.

The power needed to be effective might be so large that the whole weapon is useless as a concept.

An emp is a nuke.... you understand this, right? We haven't made an emp bomb; the way these things go is you shoot one into the upper atmosphere so you avoid the blast damage but get the massive energy pulse. It also fucks any satellite that will pass through the area

>good post ignored

an emp has to be produced from a source. tho only way you could make a a nation wide emp would be to launch nukes at iraq

>An emp is a nuke.... you understand this, right?
it is to an extent. You can create an EMP without a nuke. You've mentioned one way to make one.

it doesn't destroy all electronics though

Why would the US want to cripple its own creation/

Serious question.

I'm sure grandma's old toaster will be just fine.

Now if only you had electricity to make it work!

>sand people
>electronics

They could wipe out ISIS in one fell swoop if they wanted.
They know where their capital is and could bomb it into the fucking ground in about 20 minutes.

But they don't. They even conduct precision strikes against individual targets like "Jihadi John" in the city but they never go for buildings.

The fact that we know where the ISIS leadership is and the city is still standing tells you there's some serious bullshit going on.

>it's an "EMP is a magical shoo shoo eletronical goblin" episode
Hilarious.

>I am not sure why there hasn't been an American EMP attack yet.

It's easier to find an enemy if you can watch their communications.

>I am not sure why there hasn't been an American EMP attack yet. It is actually probably worse than a nuclear attack. With the amount of guns and splintered factions that would show up, we would literally collapse into ourselves within a few months. Things wouldn't be orderly for years.

the internet is not a centralized point of failure, and as the greatest facilitator of market exchange you really cant hurt america like that anymore

Do you think thta if the US actually wanted to get rid of ISIS, that a year long bombing campaign would have done them in?
Seeing as how Russia made a massive difference of it's first month in bombing ISIS, you have to question what the US military was bombing for a year that had zero effect on ISIS.

I think you should know that the only proven way to create EMP bursts on a large enough scale are from nuclear blasts

We don't speak "HUE".

I love how idiots always get plot armor in dumb doomsday fantasies

you can shield electronics too

To be fair, America was bombing ISIS delicately because we have all of these other pet jihadi groups that we consider "the good guys" for now.

Russia came in and fucking bombed EVERYBODY to hell. They didn't give a shit who died.

they won't hurt CDs because there's no current. they won't even hurt flashlights or other simple electronics

>Hey the world just "ended"!
>Lets grow crops!
it just won't work out like that. We don't have the support or the infrastructure of an agricultural society anymore.

America is full of 300,000,000 people and they will be angry, stupid, well-armed and starving if an event like this happens. You won't be growing crops, you'll be eating your dog and killing yourself when you can't take it any more if someone doesn't kill and eat you first.
>there's a reason why I don't feel safe in America