San Francisco Giants general /sfgg/

Giants fan here, it's true. Seeing the Dodgers lose the Series really DOES feel like winning the Series all over again! Where my Giantsbros at?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/LLqqZmNFa_A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Feels good knowing Kershit will go down in history as a poor mans bumgardner.

>tfw went to 1 game each series and watched every playoff and series game

>Where my Giantsbros at?

all sad because they jumped on the dodgers bandwagon and they lost. your fanbase sucks hard.

We've got a salty doyers fan lads.

>LgAy
>talking about bandwagoning
top wew

>lose nearly 100 games
>console yourself by talking shit at the team that came within a game of winning it all
wew

why would the giants ever jump on the dodgers bandwagon?

This is literally too true. God bless the Astros for making my dreams tonight come true.

>tfw won that game 3 times

Try again spic

Ya that's what I said, nice reading comprehension you have there Rigoberto

speak for yourself I was rooting for Houston all the time, being a Giants fan why the fuck would I root for the Dodgers?

Doyers should rewatch 2014 to see a real California MLB team win a game 7 in the world series

>m-muh rings....
Guess you gotta squeeze 'em pretty hard 'when you ain't winning any for a while.

Not even a Dodgers fan by the way, it's entirely possible for other fans to find you guys contemptible.

>2018
>possible meme year dynasty revival

don't wanna get my hopes up too high, but let's not rule anything out

>Be the currently worst team in the league
>Troll the fuck out of the dodgers and set yourself on fire to blow smoke all the way down to LA
The absolute madmen literally blowing shit into the dodgers noses

>hurrr you can't retaliate and talk about rings
Maybe doyer fans shouldn't dish it if they can't take it.

Where can I score a 'Dodgers 2017 World Series Champs' TShirt my giantsbros?

Living in Fresno, this would give my Dodger fan friends a good chuckle

Chad, Niger, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Ethiopia, Kenya, Equitoral Guinea, Eritrea, and the list goes on.

Puerto Rico relief / evac centers.

>t. dodgers bandwagoner who started watching baseball a week ago
Lol

Just woke up from my celebratory nap. Checked the catalog for just this kind of thread and wasn't disappointed.

Nice work boyos, season salvaged. See you all at Fan Fest, I plan on taking yet another picture with the trophy triplets. It was the oldest one's birthday today!

(You)

stay butt blasted mi amigo

5th placers talking shit again...

[tripsdubs] 29-year chokers talking shit again

If you ain't first your last

youtu.be/LLqqZmNFa_A

Reminder that there is a WS winner every year and pretty much every non-expansion team has won a WS at some point.

But Dynasties are what separates the boys from the men and ensure you stand out and are remembered in baseball history as a defining cornerstone in that period rather than appearing just as a footnote.

>5th
>place

Where does that fit into a dynasty? The dynasty of losers? And missing the playoffs in between screams fluke.

(You) are so fucking mad bro

Enjoy rebuilding without a farm system

I will still never understand how those scrub rosters managed to win 3 World Series'.

Life, um, finds a way.

Funny because everyone will rememebr the 2010s Dodgers for not winning it all and not your shit team winning anything

>m-muh farm system
>m-muh fluke
>mfw

This is the calibre of intelligence going for LA fans right now.

> inb4 false flag

>when you ain't winning any for a while

Squeeze your '88 ring as well, cuz you ain't gonna be winning any for a while either.

Almost tempted to make one myself just to taught them.

> missing the playoffs in between screams fluke

And blowing a World Series definitely screams "winner", right?

if all else fails, have 1 made; here's what it looks like:

Sad that seeing the Dodgers lose the WS is equivalent to winning the WS for Giants fans.

Sad that your grandpa knows what winning a WS feels like and you don't.

As fan checking in. Fuck the doyers

Baseball playoffs are glorified slightly weighted coinflips thats why. when baseball gets decided over 3-7 game series' it truly is luckswing. No team no matter how dominant is ever given more than a 25 percent chance of winning in the playoffs for a reason

Royals fan here. Was super excited when you guys finished off the Cards that year. Can't lie, that was one of the best performances I've ever seen. I got to see him pitch at Kaufman this year, which we won this time. The KC media was literally rushing to interview him and everyone wanted to talk to him because Game 7 is a legend in this town. But also because it lit a fire under the team - and the whole town really - who just went on tear the next year and won it all.

They're flush with cash you illiterate nigger.

Heh thanks for the even year series friends

OP here, happy to see Doyers salty tears still popping up in here.

I still love knowing that the doyers fans will remain salty over this for years, and that us Giants fans can hold this over their heads

I wondered how they'd solve that crazy Mets rotation but I have to hand it to you, they really stepped up. I agree, Game 7 must have made them fearless for the next time around, I had no idea they'd take care of business in 5 games.

Doyer fans can talk until their jaws fall off about how great they are, but it's been a long time since they stepped up when it actually mattered most. They can't even blame Kershaw this time, and if they try to put it all on Darvish in Game 7 like some of them have been doing already, they're ignoring how hard their offense choked.

BTW bros, Based Affeldt had a lot to say on Murph & Mac yesterday. Check it out if you haven't yet.

this is pretty fucking awesome. doyerfags, just think about how much shit you would've talked after 2002. it's just your turn in the barrel.

nothing personal.

except fuck the doyers.

annual sup Nadi post

i miss you magnificent bastards.

don't have kids. they seriously cut into Sup Forums time.

Reply to this post if your team didn't finish in 5th place in 2017

Sorry Jintsfags

I have nieces, I get to spoil them rotten while handling a fraction of the responsibility

I'd be fine with a fifth place finish if it meant that we get to watch Los Doyers lose the WS

>Ever being ok with 5th place

Heh. That's what makes you a shit franchise vs the elite of the MLB like the Dodgers, Yankees, Red Sox and Cardinals.

>2017
>not understanding simple conditional sentences

We would never accept a 5th place finish under any circumstance. Of course SF Giants fans define their fanhood based on their hated of the Dodgers, not for any love for their team. Obsessed pathetic fags.

>Yankees, Red Sox and Cardinals
Champion teams indeed. Good of you to recognize them.

>under any circumstance
well that's pretty myopic of you. what if there was some Baseball Genie who said that you could win a world series, but you had to endure a fifth place finish?

now you just lost another world series for LA because of your melodramatic "we would never accept a 5th place finish under any circumstances"

Dodger parade stream link please

This is a stupid mindset lad

I love watching the Dodgers fall flat on their face in the postseason as much as anyone, but not at the cost of our team being shit

Get your priorities straight mate

So the yankees are just shit lucky? What a fucking retard.

I realize we're talking about whimsical hypotheticals here, but let's say the ghost of Fay Vincent appears to you one night and says the following:

"Hey user. Your vagiants are gonna suck balls again this year and los doyers are gonna be pretty fucking good, but i'll let you choose one of the following options:

1) vagiants finish 1 game above .500, los doyers have a 50% chance of winning the world series
2) vagiants finish in fourth place in the NL West, los doyers have a 25% chance of winning the world series
3) vagiants finish dead last in NL West, but I guarantee that the doyers will lose the world series in a soul-crushing, humiliating manner"

once you stop fapping to the ghost of the former commissioner, what do?

Well when you put it that way, I'd go with option 3 because even one game over .500 isn't enough to get into the playoffs

Besides, it's kinda better to tank for high draft picks than to be mediocre and go nowhere

yah same here. my retarded hypothetical also assumes that you know what the end result is going to be. i.e., you watch the vagiants sniff a 100-loss season knowing full well what the payoff is (doyers WS collapse).

if you had to sit through a shitty season and watch the doyers almost complete a championship run, obviously it'd be hell

Yeah I don't like that the Giants had a 100 loss season but you know what helps ease the sting? Seeing the Doyers lose in the World Series.

Also as I can distinctly recall, the last time the Giants had some shit seasons we tended to draft pretty well. Cain, Lincecum, Posey, and more were drafted during the twilight of the early 2000s team. If be happy to see a rebuild desu.

>Also as I can distinctly recall, the last time the Giants had some shit seasons we tended to draft pretty well. Cain, Lincecum, Posey, and more were drafted during the twilight of the early 2000s team. If be happy to see a rebuild desu.
That was Sabean. I do not trust Evans.

Are you faggots this obsessed with us? Lol in 2010 many Dodger fans were even cheering for the Giants to beat Texas because some things are bigger to Californians. But you as a fan are so obsessed with us that seeing the Dodgers lose means more than seeing the Giants win

>rooting for a division rival

cucks

California vs Texas is a bigger rivalry to us than LA vs SF

Dodgers vs Giants > California vs Texas > LA vs SF

This

Who gives a fuck about Texas lol

>.395
You guys did worse than the A’s this year.

Has there ever been a team that spent so much in payroll and not win the Series or was the Doyers the first? Really activates my pistachios

The buck still technically stops with Sabean before hitting ownership, but after winning the rings I think he's happy just focusing on scouting and letting Evans run everything else. So if Sabean's still sharp on the scouting end, we should be fine since the draft is still mostly him.

DG/Pissboi sure is at hard work today

>anyone and everyone who says something bad about my team has to be DG
this is a real illness

Reply to this thread if you've won three World Serieses in the last 50 years.

Not so fast, Doyerfags.

Speaking of accepting 5th place... it sucks, don't get me wrong. But at least we can legit claim rebuilding year, especially since it wasnt our meme year, and at least we'll get some good draft picks too. Doyerfags keep claiming that they're in rebuild year, despite winning NL West the last 5 years in a row and earning nothing out of it.

We may have been in 5th place this past season, but at least the Dodgers have as many 2017 WS rings as the Giants: NONE! Lol they don't give out rings for second place!

> obsessed

you are the ones who are posting in a Giants thread talking about how much you dont care about us

picture related: its dodgers fans when they keep talking about how much they dont obsess over us at all

>Doyerfags keep claiming that they're in rebuild year, despite winning NL West the last 5 years in a row and earning nothing out of it.
>seager 2012
>bellinger 2013
>buehler 2015
i think those three alone are worth more than the 40 man SF roster, like this is actually something that can be said....three Dodgers players under 23 are worth more than the 40 collective players on the Giants.

>you are the ones who are posting in a Giants thread talking about how much you dont care about us
..........in a thread dedicated to the discussion of the DODGERS
this is what a mental illness looks like

> San Francisco Giants General
> where Giants fans shit on the Dodgers losing
> full of Giants fans

No one told you to post in, let alone read, this thread. Its no different from driving up to SF, walking into a local.bar, then complaining about how obsessed we are over hating LA. Instead of, oh i dunno, staying in LA.

Just who is the REAL obsessed one here?

didnt real lol but i want you to respond to this>sanFUCKcisco
>making the playoffs anytime within the next 20 years
kek
KEK

guess they are called the dodgers for a reason

They keep dodging wins, huh? Lol

> three Dodgers players under 23 are worth more than the 40 collective players on the Giants.
> worth more

I think we have different definitions of "worth" because those three players still haven't managed to earn the Dodgers a single WS win.

I mean, unless you meant that their actual monetary cost of those three players alone is more than the entire Giants. Then, sure... but that doesn't mean they're WORTH anything if they can't win the Dodgers a WS.

I dunno where you get your info but the Giants got into the playoffs many times. Yknow, including the three World Serieses they won, and even the 2002 one we lost.

I've lived in SF my whole life. I've never heard this "Texas vs California" rivalry you speak of. Most people here shit on LA, and not even counting baseball fans. I'm sure LA people loathe SF just the same.

Just because we're all Californians doesn't mean shit. Most of us are all Americans (or even human) but that doesn't stop us from shitting on one another.

>seen all these doyer posts before using the exact same words going back years
sure can't wait to read them again in the general and giants gamethreads so i know obsessed doyerfag is still alive

Daily reminder of Based Zito

Can someone tell me how a team that lost 98 games and failed to make the playoffs in back to back years is considered a dynasty

Cheeky based contract-redeeming bastard.

But user, they made the playoffs last year thanks to playing the best first half in either league.

>tfw only been absolute shit for 1.5 years and the even year meme is still alive
feels wacky man

I love Zito.

You named your lil pupper Zeets? I like it.