yes

Neutral Milk Hotel is good

Emo shit band

you don't know what emo is

Shut up emo

>NMH
>good

Is thjs that poser page

I just realized that I've never listened to NMH.

I'm guessing that's the joke?

I love all three.

TP, NMH aren't actually exceptional, but they get highlighted as such, and people who don't want to appear dumb just nod their head, repeating the cycle

you see this phenomenon everywhere if you just look for it

each person should decide for themselves what's good, because for them, it is

I actually like NMH. It's a shame that they've become a meme because their music is pretty good

>>>/reddit/

> TP
> not actually exceptional

kys

what do Twin Peaks and X-Files even have in common other than superficial shit like FBI agents and magic

people who never watched Twin Peaks/ can't into David Lynch thought this was clever but it just goes to show how fucking dense they are.

it's just a normie way of mocking shit they don't understand.

>posts this shit
>it's from a Twin Peaks fan page
Lynch isn't difficult to get into kiddo, he only has two films that should be considered difficult to follow - and they're certainly not Twin Peaks for fuck sake. It's the normie show of the early 90's.

The X-Files literally wouldn't exist without Twin Peaks. Many other shows wouldn't either.

Twin Peaks isn't important just because of it's own merits (and flaws), but if you don't understand how it changed the face of prime-time television, get the fuck out of my face right now.

>Lynch isn't difficult to get into kiddo
that's my point retard.

youtube.com/watch?v=P6xKnRorZGg

They're completely different shows, the only comparison being David Duchovny and they both ruined their mythologies (though TP did that way earlier).

That said, Post Modern Prometheus and Jose Chung's 'From Outer Space' are better than any episodes of Twin Peaks.

>good show
>good band

yeah no problems here

doom metal is alright

the rest of it can rot in the garbage

let me know when you turn 16 and realize metal is shit

>each person should decide for themselves what's good, because for them, it is
spot on

But there is only one type of metal. Heavy Metal.

The other is artistic and continuing detective story

X-files is cheap outdated shit with new monster in every episode

The X Files is just a pleb version of Kolchak: The Night Stalker

I can't believe this actually triggered Twin Peaks fags.

'Artistic and continuous detective story' kek

i dont know about NMH in general but ITAOTS is one of my favourite albums

B-but how are people supposed to compliment me on my snowflake status if i don't invent autistic sub-genres?

What's your favorite Twin Peaks scene?

Hard mode: can't be a dramatic one

Leland crying and everyone joining in and dancing
Leland singing be happy
Any scene with Leland desu

Cooper's 'everyday give yourself a present'
The dude dancing down the hallway in the pilot.

But if we include dramatic we all know the best scene is James' dad's vision of light.

What is X-Files then?

Does Ben and Jerry reminiscing about their childhood, and where they are now count as not-dramatic?

Do you mean Bobby's?

Cheese pig.

Fantanny actually really liked some of the albums that came from those genres last year

Bobby and the Major talks in the diner
Every time Albert is on screen
When the lama walks by

Calling NMH emo is like calling Maroon 5 punk

Ben eating that fucking sandwich
Anything involving Ben and jerry is god tier desu senpai

literally nothing, it's just memes

Not really. But without Twin Peaks there wouldn't be any X-Files. Or Lost for that matter. Both those shows were heavily influenced by Twin Peaks. Lost was even known for suffering from "Twin Peaks syndrome" i.e too many mysteries at the same time that the writers didn't really know how to solve.

I prefer Twin Peaks because it has a continuous storyline while X-Files is just a monster of the week show.

This:
youtube.com/watch?v=KWy2DDYDXU4

>X-Files is just a monster of the week show.
You've not watched it

The first school scene in the pilot episode where one kid in the background is dancing away from his locker. Pure Lynch magic.

At least Twin Peaks made sense in the end

>Do you mean Bobby's?
No, he's talking about the same as scene It's just a background character.

That's what made xfiles good. The canonical episodes are shit.

But it wasn't the end. Lynch always said that it wasn't the actual end, it was just the end the viewers got stuck with. But yeah, even if it's a cliffhanger ending, it makes more sense than Lost ever did.

Any scene with the giant or possessed Leland is kino

>Cooper turned this down
The fuck is wrong with him?

the "ending" (yes, it's no longer the ending, but at one time, it basically was) felt like one of those twists that would be at the end of a Goosebumps book.

The first seasons of X-Files have the same atmosphere since it was shot at almost the same place. X-files were shot in Vancouver and Twin Peaks in northen Washington, where the town is supposed to be located.

yeah except x-files has been adopted by the tumblr alt-girls. my house show goer sister and all her friends love it

I think this scene from FWWM is a homage to the scene in the pilot where a kid dances in the background, in the shool hallway.

Only the pilot of Twin Peaks and FWWM were shot in Washington State, the rest was shot in Northern Cali.

Favorite scene with the giant is when Julee Cruise sings Rockin Back Inside My Heart and The Nightingale and everything freezes as the giant appears on stage in front of Coop. Comfy eerie goosebumps pham.

Neutral Milk Hotel was absolutely the best live show I've ever been to, far and away

You know Tumblr adore Twin Peaks as well right?

Yes, that is indeed the joke, genius.

Nope. Many indoor scenes were shot in Cali and Laura's funeral. Every outdoors scene is shot on location in towns like Snoqualmie etc. The Great Northern indoor scenes were also shot in Washington in Poulsbo.

yeah

What about people who actually were alive when these shows aired, and not some fucking generation Z hipster? Are they tumblr as well?

what i meant by that post is if you're going to say twin peaks is gay because of their fanbase you have to also look at x-files fanbase. its hard but movies shouldnt be judged by some fags who like it

The OP is obviously not meant to be taken seriously.

Go back to your shitty board, faggots.

Every CW Horne scene.

lol no, are you an idiot? you can just look it up my man.

He had principles that he abided.

>Is this true?
no

Aliens.

yeah but that shit outdates extremely fast. Now x-files belongs to same bunch as knight rider and macgyver while twin peaks still hooks new watchers every week

Should I keep watching Twin Peaks? Somewhere on season 2, I think episode 8. It's just become too much, especially considering there's like 14 episodes left. Season 1 was pretty good but now there's so much random shit going on that I can hardly keep up. How the fuck do Truman and Cooper manage to sleep with all the murders and crimes being committed? Why does every scene involving Leo now suck? Why does Cooper still sleep in the hotel room after all this time? Is he not at all concerned for his safety? Who cares about Josie and her weird Asian handlers?

I say watch it all if you plan to watch season 3. It's a bit shitty in season 2 but there are still tiny details that might be important.

This. You can fast forward all scenes involving James, as they are completely irrelevant to the show.

IIIIIII LOOOOVE YOU JEEEEEEEEZUUUUUUUUUS CHARIIIIIIIIIIIIST

I just can't watch it after ep 9, after that many of the characters have completely different personalities, especially Audrey who instantly turns into a roastie and sleeps with half the town.

Wasn't it proven that Twin Peaks and The X-Files take place in the same universe?

We actually don't know that. James is going to be in season 3 so his storyline might be important too. Notice I said "might" cause I also doubt it though.

Why Billy Zane is so handsome?
Why Dukhovny is so good in the drag?

nope. they have nothing to do with each other in that way. there are lots of other similarities though.

>neutral milk hotel
literally what and/or who

Plebs, On Avery Island is better

Source: Your ass

No
>Twin peaks in comfy af
>X-files is {\\Sometimes//} good stories -> The good stories could make a movie

>NMH I had to google and NO!

This picture is just a scam to promote NMH, or some sort of hipster argument for people to say the like Twin Peaks but can't say why {Because they didn't watch or don't get it, but it must be cool because they read it somewhere on a hipster forum on the internet}

The fact that so many still name the Twin Peaks as “one of the greatest or most significant or most influential” tv Show ever only tells you how far Television still is from becoming a serious art. Critics are often totally ignorant of the tv series of the past, they barely know the best rated shows. No wonder they will think that Twin Peaks did anything worthy of being saved.

I love crossposting

No cause my dad loves twin peaks but doesn't really like NMH

MFW I leave this thread to avoid spoilers.

Twin Peaks has always had a hipster fanbase. Audrey Horne was the style icon for all girls who were into the british and scandinavian indie pop scene in the early and mid 90's.

Come on you had a quarter century to watch it

Stoner metal is the only good one desu

>quarter century
feels bad man

literally me