High have been my interest rates of late. But I feel a new inflation

High have been my interest rates of late. But I feel a new inflation...

Other urls found in this thread:

tolkiensociety.org/2014/04/grrm-asks-what-was-aragorns-tax-policy/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

slightly better

Who am I taxing?

> tfw you've seen the fertilization, gestation, and now birth of this spicy new meme

>THE BEACONS ARE LIT, GONDOR CALLS FOR AID
>but what about the new horse tax I'm implementing? Tell them it will have to wait.

Late is the hour in which this conjurer chooses to appear with news regarding the new immigration policy in Westfold. "Lathspell" I name him. Ill news is an ill guest.

Why didn't the eagles file tax returns?

>SHIRE... BAGGINS... TAX EVASION

Why didn't the Ents just go to the Middle-Earth Court of Justice and have Saruman charged with genocide?

>why should we come to the aid of those who bankrupted our kingdom?

The Fed? Where was the Fed when the Westfold fell? Where was the Fed when our enemies closed in around us!? Where was the Fe- No, my Lord Aragorn, we are alone.

Because Saruman was from Valinor and had diplomatic immunity.

AND MY TAX

>The elves are trading derivatives at Derivendale again. I sense much credit has changed hands on this day.

>"Why do we need to send gold to those greedy hooknosed dwarves? They never vote for us."

Why did Theoden resist calls to move the Rohanian embassy to Moria even though his daughter was married to one, was he racist?

nice

>Derivendale
fuck me this is a hot new meme alright

>tfw you finally finish doing all your tax

Ruling is hard. This was maybe my answer to Tolkien, whom, as much as I admire him, I do quibble with. Lord of the Rings had a very medieval philosophy: that if the king was a good man, the land would prosper. We look at real history and it’s not that simple. Tolkien can say that Aragorn became king and reigned for a hundred years, and he was wise and good. But Tolkien doesn’t ask the question: What was Aragorn’s tax policy? Did he maintain a standing army? What did he do in times of flood and famine? And what about all these orcs? By the end of the war, Sauron is gone but all of the orcs aren’t gone – they’re in the mountains. Did Aragorn pursue a policy of systematic genocide and kill them? Even the little baby orcs, in their little orc cradles?

>And as such I am only paid 78% of what a man earns. And although I contribute less tax to my King, I do still demand the burden of my abortions be funded by the men who outearn me.

kek, have an Orc from the menu

No, thank you. We don't want any more tax collectors, accountants, or TV license inspectors!

>little baby orcs, in their little orc cradles
is this fat fuck serious?

>NOW FOR RATES
>NOW FOR ATM
>AND ACCOUNT OVERDRAWN

>the rule of Gondor's economy is MINE, and NO OTHERS

>tfw there is actually some validity to this meme
If the dwarfs are taking aid and resources without ever contributing, and are constantly shit-talking your kingdom then are you really gonna unite with them to fight Sauron?
Fuck no, strike a deal with Sauron to leave them be and in return co-habit middle-earth

This is the thing, Sauron is such a cartoonish bad-guy that there's no concept of compromise or a peaceful solution

Even the smallest shekel can change the course of the amortisation.

Treebeard: "Many of these sub prime mortgages were my assets. Packaged financial products I had known from the 90s since Clinton's sweeping deregulations of financial markets."

Pippin: "I'm sorry, Treebeard."

Treebeard: "They had insurers of their own."

Treebeard: "Saruman! An investment banker should know better!"

[Treebeard's leaves ruffle in anger.]

Sunset found her squatting etc.

>dude some poorfag members don't contribute to NATO so let's ally with ISIS to defeat our allies lmao

t. king cuck

>this thread

In ROTK EE, Sauron sends out the Mouth as a peaceful negotiator and they just behead him

Who was the villain again?

Can someone explain me this meme? I want to be part of the kool kidz klub

>comparing sauron to isis
holy shit, the brainwashing is real
Mordor isn't under-siege from some terrorists. Neither are any of the kingdoms
Mordor is a country of their own right, so it's legitimate warfare. And Sauron doesn't behead women for showing skin

I completely forgot about that. God the good guys are shitty

>absolute submission to me is 'peaceful negotiating'

Almost 3 years ago R R Martin said a thing.
tolkiensociety.org/2014/04/grrm-asks-what-was-aragorns-tax-policy/

No idea why it's a meme now. Maybe because it's tax season?

How much Gold did the Dwarves have hoarded up in the Lonely Mountain? I wonder what effect it being removed from the market by Smaug for decades and then brought back had on the global economy.

It's literally from this GRRM's push for "realism" in Tolkien's universe, but the meme is that ASOIAF is just as unrealistic as LOTR. For instance the loans to the iron bank from the crown are only touched upon, and the tax policy of the Seven Kingdoms is not mentioned fucking once.calle

>No idea why it's a meme now
There's a group of about 10 shitposters who know each other outside of Sup Forums (over skype or some shit) who shitpost to aggressively force memes

Thank you, anons.

Not even joking, that's actually ridiculous to consider.
The amount of gold in there was easily worth more than the River-lands entire net-worth.

Nevermind the initial financial collapse that would have been caused when Smaug first inhabited it

Taxes aren't really mentioned because during times of war, revenue comes mostly from raiding and pillaging.

Public spending has awoken, it’s heard its master's call.

Top lel

Does Dwarf gold even matter, it's not like they'd go spend it big time, no?

>absolute submission
Where did the Mouth say this?

They aggressively beheaded him before he could even list any of Sauron's demands

Underrated as fuck

Your time will come. You will face the same minimum wage, and you will defeat it.

What about their legs? We can claim them as a deduction, they don't need those

This is why I think this fat sack of shit is a hack.

>ASOIAF is just as unrealistic as LOTR
Yeah, Tolkien is unrealistic in an idealistic sense while Martin in a cynical sense.
One scene that stood out to me was when the Ironborn invade a land, and the Noble shuts the doors of his castle before they arrive, but doesn't let ANY of his subjects in, leaving them all to get killed and raped.
Why the fuck would anyone do that? If all your subjects are dead you lose your entire source of revenue and food. The whole POINT of castles is that they're fortresses designed to house many people precisely for this kind of situation.

What taxes did the Reach provide to the Crown after the Red Wedding effectively ended the war? Do the North still pay taxes under the Boltons? Will they again after the Stark's have retaken Winterfell.

No one fucking cares is the answer, because complex economic policy has no place in fantasy fiction, and will very quickly bore the reader. I'm not saying there shouldn't be some semblance of "realism" in the story to make it more grounded and relatable, but GRRM is a filthy hypocrite for criticising Tolkien's fiction as unrealistic.

>My banks' sufferin', we ain't had nothing but tax hikes for three stinkin' days!

Trickle-down economics bro. The dwarves need people to shine their shoes, mop their halls, cook their food
Plus, based on Gimli, I'm sure there would have been quite the desire for human poon. And we've never even seen a female dwarf, so the prostitution market probably boomed

That still only counts as one dependent!

Except that's wrong. Looting was at most a system of reward for soldiers that was a bonus on top of their regular pay.

>The whole POINT of castles is that they're fortresses designed to house many people precisely for this kind of situation.

umm sweetie, everyone has the right to enter your fortress. build relationships not barriers. :) get used to it. k? k.

Did Saruman or Sauron actually pay their orcs?

based edmure let all his peasants into the castle when tywin was coming
and his sister thought he was stupid for doing it

>but GRRM is a filthy hypocrite for criticising Tolkien's fiction as unrealistic.
this is true
but that doesn't mean that his criticism is baseless, Tolkien's world is very childish in conception

I believe it. This isn't very funny but I guess it's easy so whatever.

Your initial offer is always higher than you expect to finish with.

Sauron opened with the complete submission deal, but he clearly would have haggled down to something more reasonable.

THAT'S BECAUSE HE HAS MY TAX LODGED IN HIS NAME

They're paid in stocks and investment bonds that they can cash out when the war's over

Hot-pockets

Can anyone here explain this new meme?

>Not with 10 000 lobbyists could you do this, it is folly

LOOKS LIKE NEET'S ARE BACK ON THE NON DEDUCTIBLES ON THIS TAX FORM

>It reads 'The Doors of Durin — Lord of Moria. Pay the toll, and enter

George RR Martin criticised Tolkien by literally asking "what was Aragorn's tax policy?" (as King)

>gets crowned king
>starts talking about his tax plans out of nowhere

was it autism?

Go here

They're obliged to reinvest a substantial part of their income back into war bonds during wartime but they get a 3% discount for every 1 gold spent

You might have a point, as LOTR is the classic tale of good vs evil, and the uplifting and inspiring tale of the four diminutive hobbits that manage to save their land against incredible odds and challenges. It's magic is in the characters and the eventual victory brought by said hobbits.

Nonetheless I the meme is more directed at the fact that it is GRRM delivering the criticism, not the criticism itself.

>GRRM thinks Tolkien is shit because he doesn't go into "Aragorn's tax policy"
>even Sup Forums is smart enough to realise that overdetail on the political background of fantasy worlds is autistic and boring (see: Star Wars Prequels)
>mockery ensues

>Oh wise and majestic Smaug, I implore you as a Chartered Accountant to liquidate 30% of your luxury jewels and re-invest them in capital producing businesses. Inflation is slowly eroding the value of your majesties gold and precious stones, you would be wise to speak to a merchant elf about diversifying your current holdings, perhaps establishing a joint venture with the mining orcs who mine themselves from goo or someshit.

Fucking kek

>welcome to Rivendell, Frodo Baggins. Have you paid the toll fee?

“There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

Build me a portfolio worthy of Mordor

Touche!

Terry Pratchett was by far the superior "what if fantasy worlds were supposed to work properly" guy

His treachery runs deeper than you know. By space-vampire craft, Sarumann has crossed Yuros with ragheads. He's breeding an army in the ghettos of Paris, London, Berlin. An army that can move in sunlight and cover great distance at speed. Sarumann is coming for the Cross.

the more I scroll down, the more glorious this thread gets.

>Bull on Bitcoin, my Lord

One currency to rule them all
One currency to bind them
One currency to bring them all
And in the Eurozone bind them

and then there's this guy who missed the joke entirely

>One does not simply walk into a financial adviser's office without holding the appropriate financial assets required to deliver a greater return on investment

>in Belgium where the bankers lie

You cheeky devil

>mfw this meme blends lotr comedy and economics which makes it funny to about 1% of humanity