>you're home free, brother

Would you go after Waingro?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Hollywood_shootout
youtube.com/watch?v=3tI1pu5rfZw
youtube.com/watch?v=GSKhCfKrZRE
youtu.be/GSKhCfKrZRE?t=152
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Waingro was a cunt and deserved some comeuppance. However, going after him caused more trouble for more people than forgetting about him would have. Pacino's character would've fucked up Waingro sooner or later anyway.

I watched Heat last night after not having seen it in years. It's such a great movie. Better than I remembered.
I still don't understand the internet acclaim of Miami Vice (2006), though

>I still don't understand the internet acclaim of Miami Vice (2006), though

It's like a movie length episode of a TV show, basically it's slice of life in a Michael Mann movie.

That's the appeal. It's not actually great or anything.

>we will never get a better crime drama than this movie

Feels bad man
It won't be beaten

This movie is so comfy and the soundtrack is amazing

By all accounts Waingro seemed to be the only one surprised by his death, and it appears that time just finally ran out for the old cocksucker.

I wouldn't, but it would always piss me off for years afterwards. Just randomly flash into my head and send me into a rage.

there's something about 90s movies. maybe it's the cameras. Always get a comfy feeling from them

No attachments that you can't walk out on in 30 seconds if you feel the heat around the corner. Hatred for Waingro is no exception.

If Hanna really is the cop he's supposed to be, he'll nail Waingro for the rape/murders.

if i was neil, of course i would have. the events of the film were put into motion because of waingro. you couldn't let him go and neil obviously weighed the consequences and determined it was worth it. his plan was executed flawlessly and his only undoing was unaccountable bad luck

>I gotta hold on to my angst
>I preserve it
>because I need it
>It keeps me sharp
>*click*
>on the edge
>*click*
>where I gotta be.

He's sifting through the detritus alright

He put himself in a position where he had to rely on luck though in going after Waingro. For a guy who was such a cold planner it was a huge failure of judgement - he got too emotional.

The situations were reversed at the end: earlier Neil was unattached, while Shiherlis (Kilmer) was so much in love with his wife. When the time came though Neil couldn't stick to his golden 'walk out on in 30 seconds' rule whereas Shiherlis (very reluctantly) did.

You know, I haven't seen the actress who plays his wife in anything since Heat.

did neil actually rely on luck though? his planning and execution was flawless. hanna being there was a complete accident. hanna shouldn't have been there

>criminals are out of the bank with the money and about to drive off
>"DUDE LET'S START A SHOOTOUT IN THE MIDDLE OF A CROWDED CITY LMAO!"
Well at least all that money was safe.

Waingro was a moron who couldn't help attract attention to himself. They knew Hanna's team was after them, thus it's a reasonable assumption that Waingro was 'hot'/being sued as bait as well. He played bad odds in continuing to go after the dickhead even after spotting cops at the hotel - he should have just walked away like he said. As user mentioned above - he could have slipped back into the country later to finish Waingro off, or even better just paid someone else to do it.

Same, also movies in LA are always comfy

The police were too amped up to get them

>I wouldn't, but it would always piss me off for years afterwards. Just randomly flash into my head and send me into a rage.

Me too, but I'd just wait until the heat passed and go back to kill him eventually.

What were they gonna do instead? Let them walk off with the money? I mean, of course in real life they wouldn't start that kind of a shootout with civilians everywhere, but they would still try to stop them through force.

It happened with that Hollywood bank robbery in LA, which was a direct consequence of this movie actually.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Hollywood_shootout

How many video games have done this scene now

>In an apparent show of frustration, Mătăsăreanu then fired a full drum magazine of 75 rounds into the bank's safe, destroying much of the remaining money. In the end, the two left with $303,305 and three dye packs which later went off, ruining the money they stole.[17]

>when you rob a bank for less than you thought and the cash you make off with gets ruined by dye packs and then you get shot and killed over worthless money

JUST

she was great in the insider, which is on par with HEAT as a GOAT film. Very relevant to today too.

The Dark Knight (2008)

She's 64 now. Let that sink in.

Nah, it's not a crime drama, I mean it's a great movie but as a crime drama it's inferior

Fuck

>tfw you'll never be a respected criminal

youtube.com/watch?v=3tI1pu5rfZw

Chris' wife is still pretty hot today by the way.

>In 2016, Pacino revealed that his character was under the influence of cocaine throughout the whole film.[8]

Damn, I guess it makes sense and explains his eccentric sudden outbursts.

GREEEEEAT ASS

When I think of asses... a woman's ass... something comes out of me.

This scene was ad-libbed, the guy was in total shock at Pacino's sudden outburst and his reaction was genuine.

I never knew but I always suspected this was the case given Hank Azaria's reaction.

source

I think it's in one of these interview
youtube.com/watch?v=GSKhCfKrZRE

youtu.be/GSKhCfKrZRE?t=152

He was supposed to say something in the script but he just choked on his lines and stared in disbelief at Pacino.

Funny as fuck.

He forms his lips to shape like he's going to start saying something beginning with B then last second just cuts loose.

I lose it every time.