How do we save our Sup Forums brit friends?

How do we save our Sup Forums brit friends?

Please don't bully them, there's a sensitive soul on the other side of the screen yearning to kill himself.

Other urls found in this thread:

itv.com/news/2017-05-10/britain-is-the-seventh-most-depressed-country-in-the-world-search-data-suggests/
youtube.com/watch?v=HfEsz812Q1I
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Sent all the cute girls here. Well take care of em.

Save yourselves first.

And in related news, man bashing head with brick complains about chronic headaches.

You too, leaf.

Try actually reading the picture friends. It says anxiety.

Save us pls

It's the same ranking from the same article, you fucking melonhead;
itv.com/news/2017-05-10/britain-is-the-seventh-most-depressed-country-in-the-world-search-data-suggests/

JUST fuck my shite up

Wasn't Brighton once ranked as the happiest place to live in the UK? Lol

All the nordic countries I can understand, but why in the fuck is Portugal up there?

are we supposed to believe they can get the same level of sophisticated data from new zealand as they do from Iran?

They're not ALL sheepshaggers.

These rankings are always based on flawed data, they exist purely to be the basis for clickbait articles.

I suppose. How can they rank so high in depression though? Is this a case of most of the population actually being secular and siding with the shah so they are in a constant feeling of unhappiness becasue they know that "republic of islam" is just a meme? I mean, fuck, don't they have "moral" police there, as they do in Saudia arabia? Shit's fucked up.

Who do you think I was referring to?

Ah, så du håller med mig? Salam broder. Tell me are you half-iranian or a 2nd generation iranian immigrant perhaps?

Sounds emotionally strong and mentally stable to me.

Must be tough watching your once great empire turn into a Muslim caliphate. Be strong britbros, were all here for you.

>double the rates in countries including Poland
Is that a former commie thing or what?

>all the nordic countries I can understand
>greek
How the fuck have you not killed yourself already? Jesus christ

what did he mean by this

Oh I dunno ,harbouring all these refugees in similar fashion that we do, but simultanously having an assfucked economy and a shaky-as-fuck national identity that can lead nowhere Oppaoppa???

>harbouring all these refugees in similar fashion that we do
I didn't know Sweden held refugees in concentration camps. I'm not saying Greece is right or wrong to do so, but the standard of the refugee accommodation is India-tier.

>simultanously having an assfucked economy
By western european standards, sure, but the middle class is traditionally one of the strongest in Europe, Greece was never poor as westerners imagine it. If you pick a middle class person from Athens, chances are they have like 1 or 2 extra ancestral homes or vacation houses to loan or visit. Even the bottom of the society, the poor and unemployed are taken care of by other civillian-led or church cooperatives. The worst thing about the crisis is that most young people are leaving to work in nordic countries, and the country is decaying. I am guilty of that as well.

>shaky-as-fuck national identity that can lead nowhere
Literally what are you talking about. One of the biggest reasons Italy and Greece have such low depression figures is because they have robust culture and national identities. Another big part imo are the familial ties, that are much stronger in mediterranean countries. Many nordic friends I had were indifferent towards family.

But even if you ignore all of that, the most obvious conclusion from this is that climate determines everything. Culture, attitude, and other factors that affect satisfaction with life. A few banking and software development jobs in the north are not an adequate substitute for the climate. And it's no coincidence that every mediterranean immigrant to the north says the same.

Damn, didn't expect this serious of a reply. Just so you know I'm really drunk and it's 04:54 Stockholm local time but I'll do my best.

>I didn't know Sweden held refugees in concentration camps
I mean...if they're actul refugees that are "dodging bullets" then this should still be a step up though right? It's true that we do treat them better, but we do so at the cost of prioritizing them before actual swedish citizens which we are about to pay the consequences in the coming years so don't get too hyped about that.

>Literally what are you talking about. One of the biggest reasons Italy and Greece have such low depression figures is because they have robust culture and national identities
Yeah, you'e right. I guess I'm just jealous since my country is so cucked. I hope it's channeled through a genuinely strong spirit of wisdom though( like derived from your ancient myths) and not an authoritarian nationalist weak one. Do you think you'll be okay in the coming years? What do you think about Yanis Varoufakis btw? Is he just full of shit? Was his leaving really an act of defiance?

Kek, it's 6:04am over here and I was about to sleep, but since you took the time to reply I can't just ignore the effort.

>if they're actul refugees that are "dodging bullets" then this should still be a step up though right?
For some, yes. Although there have been stories about refugees that thought things would be different in Europe, but at home they were better off, they had their property and some opportunities. The problem with them is that they are simply waiting to go to the richer countries. Most of them didn't think they would have to stay in some shithole mediterranean country like Greece or other balkan countries. But now a few refugee children will go to schools this year. We'll see how it turns out for them.

For the record, I agree with you that immigration is generally bad for a country, especially for the vulnerable of that country, working class people that will lose their jobs to an immigrant that's willing to work less (but this works in favor of the economic elite, what a coincidence). Even worse if there are special monetary benefits to refugees, although I don't know if that's the case in western/nordic countries that accept refugees. Integration should be gradual and smooth, not at the expense of already poor people in a country.

But if you ask me, Europe should've never bore the brunt of the immigration flood in the first place. Germany wanted to replenish their population and shed off their Nazi past in favor of the humanitarian savior persona. They succeeded, but also managed to make things worse for poorer countries in Europe. The Saudis didn't take anyone. The Americans that are behind the destabilization of Syria didn't take anyone. The whole thing's a damn farce at the expense of Europe.

1/2

2/2

>I guess I'm just jealous since my country is so cucked
People are trampling over each other to get to your country, that says a lot on its own. Like I said, climate is great in Greece, but I'm guilty of working in a northern country as well. You're better off than many other people, in one of the most humane countries in the world. I wouldn't sell yourself short, for many people, your economic model means a lot more to their happiness than sunny weather.

>I hope it's channeled through a genuinely strong spirit of wisdom though
As you can imagine, this is true for educated families, while less educated individuals rely on petty nationalism to keep them going. Still though, having ancient greeks as ancestors to look up to and learn/emulate a few things is not bad, even for the uneducated person. Heritage is one of the few things this country does well that I like.

>Do you think you'll be okay in the coming years?
Who knows? Maybe with a debt relief (Germans will only negotiate this after their elections) the industry can take off again, but with the current austerity it's looking grim.

>Varoufakis
Two things about him:

1) He was a terrible minister for the economy. Antagonizing his european equivalents even though we had no cards to play. Somewhat of a try-hard and wanted to flaunt his anti-establishment sentiment to the europeans, which probably cost us.

2) Spot on about the economics and the misguided future of the EU. His option for Greece was probably the best in the long-term as well. Also very intellectually honest, he definitely left because he couldn't see himself implementing more austerity that had led to the catastrophy of the economy. I respect him for standing down and being honest about his intentions.

Good night from me, I'll check tomorrow if thread is up.

Hey, you're a cool guy. Nice balanced perspective without resorting to irony or nihilism. I wish you good luck in the future.

I read this, your effort was not for nothing

>A few banking and software development jobs in the north are not an adequate substitute for the climate. And it's no coincidence that every mediterranean immigrant to the north says the same.
But our climate is literally GOAT tier while you live in a fucking swamp where you can't even breathe properly without AC.

>>harbouring all these refugees in similar fashion that we do
>I didn't know Sweden held refugees in concentration camps. I'm not saying Greece is right or wrong to do so, but the standard of the refugee accommodation is India-tier.
We (like Swedes) house the refugees in large welcoming centers, like an overnight field trip kind of setting. Or an old folks home I guess. Repurposed hotels or office buildings, places that have a kitchen and room for activities. And once they get accepted they're given a free apartment which is a great way to teach them the value of labor...

But what made me reply is you mentioning concentration camps. Recently an idea popped up that rejected refugees (those who've already gone through the system, and told to go back = illegally in the country) should be put in jails or jail-like conditions untill they can be returned. The media portrayed the idea like the Russian gulags. More than one reference to gulag archipelago. So that's where we're at, not to mention Finnish prison's aren't exactly prison labor camps: youtube.com/watch?v=HfEsz812Q1I

They're also pushing for more rights to those illegally in the country, or like the newspeak term goes "paperless". That's the word media is trying to force, because it doesn't include the word "illegal". What could go wrong with offering full medical care to people illegally in the country?

Depression -> suicide -> natural selection