In a libertarian society, who pays for the roads?

In a libertarian society, who pays for the roads?

Other urls found in this thread:

hdnews.net/news/local/brownback-frustrated-by-medicaid-backlog-amid-dispute-over-responsibility/article_0ff21370-a50f-57b2-bc8f-7e15f2de5480.html
nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/03/gop-must-answer-for-what-it-did-to-kansas.html
kansas.com/news/politics-government/article81784347.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

the free market

Nobody.

Taxpayers do. Stop confusing libertarianism with anarchy.

Every single road becomes a toll road

Nobody.

A private company builds the roads and they put tolls on the roads to fund the company.

>1 post by this ID
>thinks libertarians are anarchists
Lurk moar or stop shitposting.

God smiles upon true libertarian societies, using His boundless knowledge of civil engineering to grant them immaculate road and transit systems.

traffic comes to a standstill as every road suddenly becomes a toll road. A trip from Topeka Kansas to kansas city which takes 40 minutes now becomes a 5 hour trip as you constantly have to stop and pay as a new company owns every individual mile.

> Libertarian dream

Why do we need roads? Just walk everywhere.

In a libertarian society, who do you expropriate?

So I guess a lot of rural Americans just don't get roads then, huh?

Not an argument
also charity, but it's not like Sup Forumstards would know what you are talking about

Then the company goes out of business and a new road gets built. You're paying thousands of dollars anyway to the state for your precious roads anyway and you still get tolled half the time.

Whoever has less firepower than you.

OMG YOU VOTED TO NO LONGER HAVE SLAVES!? HOW WILL I EVER GET MY CROPS HARVESTED??!! THE FREE MARKET CANNOT FIX THIS!

Basically this. The concept is retarded and really punishes people with long daily commutes.

Speedpass you tard, you have a stocker or rfid on the front of your vehicle and cruise past tolls.

Fucking hell you're trying way too hard.

Tolls

Private individuals, organizations, and corporations.

Or nobody, if nobody steps in. The roads could be left neglected, who cares.

And the solution to avoiding the toll roads is to use the other roads that won't be toll, or to just refuse to pay the toll. What do they do about it? Appeal to the government? Government doesn't care. And if they start shooting, well, you shoot back.

Suffices to say there would be a lot more sturdy, off road vehicles built in a libertarian state.

>it's a libertarian means anarchy thread

>what are taxes?

Every single road is already a toll road

>Implying libertarian = Ancap
>Baiting this hard

This.

Because there is no such things as commercial farms that produce a lot of money and trucks never carry produce?

What are you? A n00b? It will fix itself.

according to the libertarian party they don't need roads, in the future theyll have a jetpack.

RuralRoads Inc. Presented by Pepsi

The free market goblins will come out of the woodworks and repair the road at no cost to anyone.

Don't you know ANYTHING?

If libertarian ideals are so great, why is somalia the only one that implements them?

Will we privatize the police as well?

> People want road
> Contract company to build road
> Road gets built
> People pay company to maintain road

>posts a picture of a shit road which the government hasnt had fixed in years as an argument for the necessity of tax funded government roads

What you all are failing to realize is that a road is a huge moneymaker.
Whoever owns the road will pay to maintain it with the tolls collected by those who use it.

White people, we pay for everything else.
>In a libertarian society, who pays for the roads?

White people, we pay for everything else.

>1 post by this ID

A gas tax would probably be the most libertarian.

Somalia is ran by niggers. Niggers have never had any enlightenment period, nor created industry, nor any real tangable workable governing body.

Don't compare niggers to whites.

And then everyone lives in cities and we have less pollution

Yeah, in a sense they will, individuals who live in areas who want to keep the value of their property up will keep the roads repaired.

An ideal government's only role should be mail sending and corpse disposal.

Did you get permission from your government to post that? Or are they posting on your behalf?

Is the purpose of this thread to slide other, more important discussions off the catalog?

The people who own the roads? In a libertarian society, the govt wouldnt own the roads.

You do.

In a libertarian society I can have an unregulated, untaxed and tagged hover Jeep that I build in my garage, you fuckin normie

Ever use an EZPass on the interstate system? Imagine a better version, perhaps a device in the car that bills the person later.

Yes, everyone will live in cities and those who live in agricultural establishments will somehow be able to transport their crops to the cities for the city dwellers. How do we transport it? How does the city make food?

Slavery was holding the South back. It is inherently inefficient and has always been a shitty basis for economy.

I think you need to look into the dynamics of Somalia. Libertarian ideals didn't make the cut on their list of problems.

Libertarianism is just 'Anarchy' for wealthy people. You'll grow up out of your kosher ideology someday, hopefully.

In Los Angeles, tax dollars were used to build "express lanes" in which drivers can pay a monthly fee to receive a transponder, which will read at checkpoints. A picture if the vehicle and license plate is taken of cars that dont have a transponder and a ticket is mailed to the person whom that car is registered under.

Yes, people are paying money to drive in special lanes which their tax dollars built. God bless the government.

Yes I have a Ktag I use every day. Why not just have the state government do it, why do libertarians think that somehow having private industry makes things run more efficiently? Great Example Kan Care. Hey we will have private industry do it! It is a disaster.

hdnews.net/news/local/brownback-frustrated-by-medicaid-backlog-amid-dispute-over-responsibility/article_0ff21370-a50f-57b2-bc8f-7e15f2de5480.html

>Roadside ads
>pay premium to automatically lower them when you get close

w....who are the taxpayers?

Apply yourself, user. If you can't problem solve simple shit like that, you aren't ready to be free.

This shit again?
You must have voted remain, because you're an idiot.

>taxation is theft
>the taxpayers will pay for roads

>implying there's a road you can use that doesn't have a toll

Or corporations located in those roads could chip in a yearly amount of their profit to the road owner's road, in order to maintain it.

Tolls everywhere
But hey, no tax from the state!

>The concept is retarded and really punishes people with long daily commutes.
You don't get it, this is the beauty of the market. Long daily commutes are wasteful, so a properly regulated market discourages them, leading to decreased pollution, traffic, etc.

Tollbooths every mile and at every driveway.

In a libertarian society everyone has Jeeps and dirtbikes. Goods are delivered by deuce and halfs with 40 inch mud boggers.

To be fair, the roads look like that in large swaths of American cities. Surprisingly good quality throughout the countryside, though.

And who is going to force them to do that?

I am free, I have a state and federal government. I dont need untested ideas to be tried because of some asinine reimagined constitutional interpretation. The Federal and State model is fine, we are working, why do we have to fuck it up? What do you need you aren't having right now?

no roads if you want em gotta pay a troll toll

/thread

I dont think you understand how it works.

>gee i would like to build a bar here.
>i need a way for people to get to my bar
>i think ill build an (select choice below)
a) Pipeline
b) airport
c) road
d) leave the forest in tact.

You do realize there are privately owned "roads" in America right? They charge tolls.

his ration of good boy points is too low

REVOLUTION NOW

this is called "market participant" and the government can do this under the commerce clause. This is fine, the government is not inherently your enemy, you elected them,

the customers, dumbfuck

so instead of addressing the issue or questions raised you bring up some bullshit point? Great work there,

>implying the police arent already privatized companies.

Who the fuck needs roads.

This is something I've never understood
That's something you'd expect in africa, how does it happen in the US?

When do we get to vote on the full extent of the commerce clause?

Yup

People want roads
Private company makes road
People use said road and pay toals

I'll pay for all the roads. I don't give a fuck.

the state.

>he still lives in a state where there's booths staffed by meatbags
lol, isn't it interesting how the states with the poorest infrastructure have the wealthiest liberals? and how they think their way should be imposed on the rest of us? it really makes you think.

you didn't, its called judicial review, we have these things called checks and balances and if we dont like something we can get our legislators to make some changes.

This is bullshit, and stop doing this "You need to open your eyes man". They are not private companies.

But where do entrepreneurs get the money to start businesses and make roads in a Free-market society?

Considering the Free Market is essentially economic darwinism, you wouldn't see anything that isn't objectively practical and necessary for the monopolies that would be in-power in this sort of society. Lower class people would be used as work cattle to an even greater extent than they are now.

Libertarianism is just a corporate form of Monarchy.

>People use said road and pay toals
Who's gonna enforce the tolls?

>sn't it interesting how the states with the poorest infrastructure have the wealthiest liberals? and how they think their way should be imposed on the rest of us? it really makes you think.

Kansas has the Koch Brothers you fucking idiot, they love your libertarian nonsense so explain that one. Kansas is backwards republican as shit and we embraced all that liberatrian tea party shit and only got us in a deficit. So explain that one genius.

nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/03/gop-must-answer-for-what-it-did-to-kansas.html

kansas.com/news/politics-government/article81784347.html

Its usually like that in northern states. Constant expansion and contraction of the road surface due to temperature changes causes it to crack and split. Add a few tons of vibration when a vehicle passes and it gets worse over the years. We really don't see this stuff in places like Florida because its always hellishly hot.

Pic unrelated

Probably the people who don't feel like buying a 60 thousand dollar truck they don't need and another few thousand dollars worth of suspension mods.

Judging by that picture, i can see why people would start braking, they realized they're heading towards cleveland.

Contracts you idiot. Arguing libertarianism in pol is a fucking joke

>all roads become private property
>effectively kills freedom of movement

But what if they don't comply with the contract?

As is govt interference in the market economy, exactly the same.

who enforces the contracts? The courts? Is your Somalian Paradise know as libertarianism do you have those? do you have police? Does anyone have a fucking roadmap of this bullshit or do you guys just spout it out of your head like a babbling drunk.

What´s to stop private company X from establishing a monopoly and then demanding exorbitant sums of money for the use of their streets?

>libertarian
>society

Pick one and only one.

Again idiots, libertarianism is not ancapism. Ancapism is a subset of libertarianism.

Statism answers your question. Minarchy too. Private Law Societies too.

> hur dur the market will decide

checkmate atheists

Are you a statist?

What's it like living on the east coast?