Why do British people lose their accent when they're singing?

Why do British people lose their accent when they're singing?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ETtfRfcsLXU
youtube.com/watch?v=CHk5SWVO4p8
youtube.com/watch?v=tolm-07if3c
youtube.com/watch?v=EqkBRVukQmE
youtube.com/watch?v=cWFLkepfU34
youtube.com/watch?v=6OkgaCRII7I
youtube.com/watch?v=dEYYI1ii0AU
youtube.com/watch?v=wOSseI1hao8
youtube.com/watch?v=066oSmDRKPA
youtube.com/watch?v=r5XX9LX2es4
youtube.com/watch?v=Lp1fQ51YZMM
youtube.com/watch?v=tb63PdPweDc
youtube.com/watch?v=YSuHrTfcikU
youtube.com/watch?v=hpA6JOWpiEY
youtube.com/watch?v=tM0sTNtWDiI
youtube.com/watch?v=ma9I9VBKPiw
youtube.com/watch?v=vq9GfM9DGc8
youtube.com/watch?v=xLaeOrDmWQ4
youtube.com/watch?v=VLs09J_x6-c
youtube.com/watch?v=WyyQaDK738Q
youtube.com/watch?v=BsbQNSPr508
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

prefer not to say

we all do that

This Brazilian asks the real questions

same shit with quebecois. american english is default english.

It doesn't happen with us or the Portuguese.

that's different, you don't have the same consonant pronounciation

Amarican English has a much larger EQ due to the prominence of "a"s and general higher pitch thus allowing for a much broader range of vocals

It's noted that children just learning English speak in the same light tone as Americans do as British English has a much more basey developed tone

Because it's not natural for people to talk like the brits do. Thus they loose that pretentious accent when they sing. You're welcome.

Because the pop style of singing nullifies it. This pop style being made by Americans, thus it sounds more vaguely English, no particular dialect or just American.

It's not so bad because it doesn't happen as much outside of pop music.

They also lose their accent in Metal. Just listen to Ozzy or Judas Priest

Because its not artistic.

Normal English just sounds better than British English.

I know in classic rock (like zepplin) and metal, it's due to imitating what they think southern black blues musicians sound like.

I had a friend who only listen to musics of British bands and not to ones of American bands. I asked her why and she answered because she thinks British accent is the most beautiful accent in English and American accent is unbearable to listen to.

>British people lose their accent when they're singing
What did the hue mean by this? youtube.com/watch?v=ETtfRfcsLXU

This. But I think music should be done with the English accent more often. I think it sounds pretty good most of the time.

youtube.com/watch?v=CHk5SWVO4p8
youtube.com/watch?v=tolm-07if3c
youtube.com/watch?v=EqkBRVukQmE

Not in rap.

youtube.com/watch?v=cWFLkepfU34

Good shit.

wtf are you on, 60s/70s rockers had British accents

Most rock singers retain their accents. Alex Turner, for example.

They stop talking with that goofy accent as soon as you are not around to see it m8
It's mainly a tourist attraction nowadays

feel the same about Australian music

I think a thick bogan drawl sounds good with harder edged songs
youtube.com/watch?v=6OkgaCRII7I

>Normal English

never heard anyone from the north of England then

youtube.com/watch?v=dEYYI1ii0AU
love a working class english accent too

The real reason is a bit cynical if I'm honest with you

>It's not so bad because it doesn't happen as much outside of pop music.

Yeah it does you spaz. It's just generally how English sounds when its your first language and you sing it. Only very rarely will you sing in an accent, whether you're American, English or Australian.

cadences of pop songs naturally suit american accents so they adapt. americans sound shit on uk grime
australians sound shit on everything
i can only assume english would sound shit on a kpop beat.

Best British accent artists coming through

youtube.com/watch?v=wOSseI1hao8

It could depend on the genre but if you're just straight up singing, like say Julie Andrews who had a soprano level voice, then you won't be singing in any kind of accent and will sound neutral no matter where you come from. Singing in general covers all kinds of genres, to pop, rock, metal, etc. British performers don't all consciously decide sing in American accents.

youtube.com/watch?v=066oSmDRKPA

the answer is actully pretty simple and it doesn't involve any memes about accent """neutrality""". First of all, many British rock musicians used to imitate the American artists they grew up listening to, but that has mostly died off. The second, more technical, and more important reason is that the British and American accents use different parts of the mouth for pronunciation. Brits usually talk with the front of their mouth, and Americans pronounce words further back in their throats. Singing requires the latter so even if they are not making a concious effort to, a lot of words sung by Brits will sound American.

youtube.com/watch?v=r5XX9LX2es4

You're just deaf.

Depends on the singer.
youtube.com/watch?v=Lp1fQ51YZMM

Nice taste lad

Nah lad
youtube.com/watch?v=tb63PdPweDc

Blame americans. Some don't do that though, I think the Britpop bands from the 90's didn't

To be fair Chas and Dave have more than one well known song and have better voices.

A lot of British music doesn't sound american at all
youtube.com/watch?v=YSuHrTfcikU
youtube.com/watch?v=hpA6JOWpiEY
youtube.com/watch?v=tM0sTNtWDiI
youtube.com/watch?v=ma9I9VBKPiw
youtube.com/watch?v=vq9GfM9DGc8

I'm not that avid of a brit music listener, sorry. I think what OP had in mind was Beatles and the like. Also Old Yellow Bricks and This Is A Low are better songs desu
youtube.com/watch?v=xLaeOrDmWQ4
youtube.com/watch?v=VLs09J_x6-c
youtube.com/watch?v=WyyQaDK738Q

>Americans speak like children
Not surprised

INNIT LADS

Not sure Mancs say innit too much.

DELET THIS

to make that american money obviously

It's
> ay'nit
with Mancs.

"I first saw [Syd Barrett] performing in London in 1966. He was a startlingly original songwriter and one of the first performers to sing in a British accent."

because pop stars and rock stars are all upper class retards who immitate American accents because their own accents are pretentious as fuck and only 1% of the country can relate to them cause they're privileged dickheads

now the accent you hear in rap in the UK is 10/10 and how most of the south talks

youtube.com/watch?v=BsbQNSPr508

Weren't Oasis a bunch of chavs from Manchester?

no they were fucking not lmfaooo

they're posh as fuck

Certain artists like Kate Bush and certain new wave one hit wonders keep their accents.

they copied american genres. Same with the fucking Irish too and "their" folk music

He's obviously a nigger don't pay attention.